* * * * - 3 votes

Star Wars Battlefront - $39.99 (Standard), $49.99 (Deluxe Edition) | Best Buy - Free 2-day Shipping

star wars battlefront

#1 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2867 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

**DEAD**

1030897_LB_231x326_en_US_%5E_2015-04-28-1030897_LB_231x326_en_US_%5E_2015-06-09-

:ps4: :xb1: :pc: Star Wars Battlefront - $39.99/$31.99 GCU
:ps4: :xb1: Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition - $49.99/$39.99 GCU

Deluxe Edition Features:

Upgrade to the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Deluxe Edition and unlock five exciting in-game items
  • Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
  • Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
  • The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents' vehicles.
  • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
  • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

#2 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3930 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

You can unlock the items from the deluxe in game right?

#3 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

Is this for today only?

#4 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

yea it pointless to get deluxe everything deluxe offer is the same items you unlock through normal gameplay on the vanilla it just give it to you sooner.

#5 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1979 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

Day one buyers can still PM with the holiday policy right?

Only the emote is exclusive, the other stuff is unlockable.

#6 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2867 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

Is this for today only?

Not sure. Wasn't in the ad or available yesterday at this price. Best to assume it's today only although I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted through the 24th or 25th either.

Day one buyers can still PM with the holiday policy right?

Yes. I don't think it should screw anything up if you got the $10 pre-order bonus either. To be really sure ask for a "price adjustment" rather than return/rebuy.

#7 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

Very tempting. I have $35 in certs so this would cover the regular version.

However, I have a feeling they'll release a GOTY edition and I'd rather have that. Maybe I'll just wait. Thanks as always litepink.

#8 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1979 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

Not sure. Wasn't in the ad or available yesterday at this price. Best to assume it's today only although I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted through the 24th or 25th either.

Yes. I don't think it should screw anything up if you got the $10 pre-order bonus either. To be really sure ask for a "price adjustment" rather than return/rebuy.

I just remembered the free pop figure that came with it, that might screw things up. I'll still swing by the store later and see if I can get the PM.

#9 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

I bought this at $59.99 pre GCU on Black Friday, when you could add a 3 month XBL card for $5. I stupidly didn't anticipate any sales on this, so I figured why not. Any chance of me getting the price adjusted from $48 to $32? I don't know how it'd work with the promo for the 3 months of XBL.

#10 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Bought 3 for family during buy 2 get 1 free sale can I still get a price adjustment?

#11 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

Very tempting. I have $35 in certs so this would cover the regular version.

However, I have a feeling they'll release a GOTY edition and I'd rather have that. Maybe I'll just wait. Thanks as always litepink.

Dude... It's barely been a month

#12 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

Dude... It's barely been a month

He can wait it seems. Too barren a game without dlc

#13 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2867 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

I just remembered the free pop figure that came with it, that might screw things up. I'll still swing by the store later and see if I can get the PM.

I bought this at $59.99 pre GCU on Black Friday, when you could add a 3 month XBL card for $5. I stupidly didn't anticipate any sales on this, so I figured why not. Any chance of me getting the price adjusted from $48 to $32? I don't know how it'd work with the promo for the 3 months of XBL.

Bought 3 for family during buy 2 get 1 free sale can I still get a price adjustment?

Wow, all these scenarios certainly complicate the possibilities of a price adjustment :-k. I can say with some confidence that all three don't fall under the price adjustment policy. I can also say that, despite not being within policy, you could very well get an adjustment of partial adjustment on all 3 of them if you talk to the right person.

#14 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8213 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

If anyone picks up the Deluxe Edition, I'll do a even trade for Black Ops III. Xbox One or PS4. Both are brand new.

#15 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

I sure hope Sony puts this up on PSN wit the DLC for $30 around the spring like they did with BF4.

Best investment I made on my PS4 so far.

#16 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

He can wait it seems. Too barren a game without dlc

My point exactly. I would rather wait for GOTY and get all (or at least most) of the DLC, rather than spend $50 on the season pass.

#17 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Anyone know if the price is reflected in store? Rather try doing a price adjustment via an exchange in the store than online.

#18 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2867 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

Anyone know if the price is reflected in store? Rather try doing a price adjustment via an exchange in the store than online.

Yes it is in-store too.

#19 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

Might bite on this since with GCU and that Android Pay BB gift card Promo, I could nab this for 13 and change. Thanks, op!

#20 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:48 PM

Got rejected on the price adjustment to include GCU when I called. 

#21 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4951 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

A price match on a pre-order should work, even with the Pop figure, right? It worked last week or the week before with Tomb Raider and that included a bonus '$29.99' cardboard case ... calling now to find out ...

#22 txag06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

Pricematched my preorder (with pop) with no issue!

#23 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3388 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:08 PM

So much easier doing this in store. Ask for a price adjustment, give them the receipt, show them your phone with Battlefront for $31.99 (if you're GCU), boom, easy $16 + tax back! Thanks for he find, lite!

#24 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

Have $20 in BB Rewards and STILL don't want to put it on this.

#25 FatherChesz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

FatherChesz

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just a heads up, you can't price match your online order in store.  Must be over the phone.  When you call, be prepared to speak with someone who doesn't know what GCU is.  Ask to speak to a supervisor, or for giggles, just ask for Hubert and you'll have a better chance of getting the price matched.

#26 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6570 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Just a heads up, you can't price match your online order in store.  Must be over the phone.  When you call, be prepared to speak with someone who doesn't know what GCU is.  Ask to speak to a supervisor, or for giggles, just ask for Hubert and you'll have a better chance of getting the price matched.

I've done it before in the sense on the receipt, it showed as 'exchange'.

#27 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2867 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:04 PM

I did a price match for Shovel Knight over the phone when it was Deal of the Day the other day (for what was only $4+tax but it's worth it to me lol). To my surprise they understood completely. Well, not completely, because they gave me $5.xx instead of 4.xx, despite clearly explaining why I should be getting $4 back after GCU.

Have this ready any time you price match (in-store or online orders): http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

Second to last question of the FAQ covers Gamers Club Unlocked. You still might run into issues since some associates still don't 'get it'  (especially over the phone), but good to have some official ammunition when getting a price match.

#28 mentalward   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

mentalward

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:10 PM

half price sounds good to me. i pulled the trigger. thanks OP!

#29 FatherChesz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

FatherChesz

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

I did a price match for Shovel Knight over the phone when it was Deal of the Day the other day (for what was only $4+tax but it's worth it to me lol). To my surprise they understood completely. Well, not completely, because they gave me $5.xx instead of 4.xx, despite clearly explaining why I should be getting $4 back after GCU.

Have this ready any time you price match (in-store or online orders): http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

Second to last question of the FAQ covers Gamers Club Unlocked. You still might run into issues since some associates still don't 'get it'  (especially over the phone), but good to have some official ammunition when getting a price match.

I forgot about the Shovel Knight sale!  Great to have the official link.  I've had both good and bad experiences over the phone, but I assume this time of year they're staffed with people who barely know what they're doing, unfortunately.  Best to set aside some time and be pleasantly surprised when someone knows what's up.

#30 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49872 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

I tried email twice for the BLOPS 3 price from the 13th, two emails back from knuckle-draggers who didn't know  about GCU.  Called into Elite / Elite+ number, had it fixed, plus this PM, in 5 minutes.  So much easier.