* * * * - 3 votes

Star Wars Battlefront - $39.99 (Standard), $49.99 (Deluxe Edition) | Best Buy - Free 2-day Shipping

star wars battlefront

#31 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

Nice, got $40 refunded to me from the b2g1.

The deluxe edition I preordered only got $6 refunded. Total amount averaged out to exactly what I was supposed to get.

#32 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:40 PM

Hope its not today only

#33 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

So, I price matched the base version to Walmart for $40 and used $15 in reward certs to get the game for $25 last week. What are my chances or returning the game and getting my reward cert cash back, so I can use the $15 again on the GCU price of $32 of this game now and get the game for $17 ?

Thanks in advance for answering. it is not the end of the world for loosing $7, but I am a CAG. I might be loosing money in gas doing this whole thing anyways.

#34 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

So, I price matched the base version to Walmart for $40 and used $15 in reward certs to get the game for $25 last week. What are my chances or returning the game and getting my reward cert cash back, so I can use the $15 again on the GCU price of $32 of this game now and get the game for $17 ?

Thanks in advance for answering. it is not the end of the world for loosing $7, but I am a CAG. I might be loosing money in gas doing this whole thing anyways.

Just explain the situation and I think they'll just do a price adjustment rather than full on returning it. Do not let them "return" it because then your points will go back on your account but that takes a couple days.

#35 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Just explain the situation and I think they'll just do a price adjustment rather than full on returning it. Do not let them "return" it because then your points will go back on your account but that takes a couple days.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that.

#36 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:37 PM

I was able to do an adjustment in store. Associate said that it'd have to be a return. But on the receipt, the top says 'EXCHANGE'. So does that mean I'm safe with the $10 pre order?

#37 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3572 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

I was able to do an adjustment in store. Associate said that it'd have to be a return. But on the receipt, the top says 'EXCHANGE'. So does that mean I'm safe with the $10 pre order?

Mine says PRICE MATCH lol. I'm pretty sure you're good ;)

#38 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

Mine says PRICE MATCH lol. I'm pretty sure you're good ;)

Yeah someone on CAG has said they've done return/rebuy before with these $10 promos and so long as you purchased it originally within 7 days and the # of purchases is greater than returns (aka, bought twice and returned once), then you're OK.

#39 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

This is why I love Best Buy.

Got the game at midnight in store for $48. $10 back in rewards, close to $17 back in refund. Plus they gave me $20 in rewards due to talking to employees over the phone who insulted me and made many errors and mistakes on my account over the bobblehead figure.

In the end I ended up paying $32+tax for the game, $30 in rewards, and two pop vinyl figures. Granted the time I spent on the phone to correct the number of issues they had with my account was around 3-4 hours but I wasn't busy during that time.

So if I look at it like deductions via the certificates. I ended up paying $4 or so for the game and two pop vinyl figures. Can't beat that!

#40 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

does this game have SP or is it only online

#41 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

does this game have SP or is it only online

It has a form of single player, kinda like horde mode and you can play that as heroes (Leia, Luke, Han) or as a normal soldier. You can also play the same missions online co-op or couch co-op. But the majority of the game is going to be PvP online.

#42 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

It has a form of single player, kinda like horde mode and you can play that as heroes (Leia, Luke, Han) or as a normal soldier. You can also play the same missions online co-op or couch co-op. But the majority of the game is going to be PvP online.

thanks so SP with Bots theres no story mode

#43 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

thanks so SP with Bots theres no story mode

Not really, but the game is stunning, it's one of the best looking current gen games I have seen. And being a huge Star Wars fun it is a ton of fun to play with friends. But I can understand the lack of appeal if you are not into multiplayer gaming.

#44 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:50 PM

^lol 3-4 hours on the phone? Damn you have way too much free time on your hands

#45 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:06 PM

^lol 3-4 hours on the phone? Damn you have way too much free time on your hands

Not too far off, but it was more 20-30 min and that agent insulted me and told me that I was basically screwed and they won't be giving me a pop vinyl even though my order qualified. So that pissed me off. Called back and that agent said that she would order one for me no problem.

Called back the next day to be told the agent did leave notes agreeing with what I said happened, but they never actually ordered the vinyl figure. So then they tried to but it was sold out.

So they agreed to give me a $13 refund instead of the pop vinyl, but the agent refunded the wrong gift card that wasn't even mine. Was a friends gift card that I used to order something for them. The agent just gave a refund to a totally different order for a bluetooth headset (not Battlefront). So then I had to be on the phone to deal with their screw up and get it fixed.

So in the end I called my friend and used their $13 to get a pop vinyl off BBY website, the phone support told me to just go to the midnight release (which I planned to anyway) and tell them to just give me a pop vinyl there, and then the rewards people gave me $20 for everyone screwing my stuff up.

So it really snowballed out of control and by the 40 min mark I couldn't quit because the money was in limbo by that point.

#46 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

That feel when I'm one of the few people who enjoys this game while everyone bashes on it and can't even enjoy it with friends who love Star Wars because they aren't interested in it either.

mse2q7Tw6D1rrifwoo1_500s_zpsq0yiaqqh.gif

With that said I was able to get a price adjustment from Best Buy Elite customer service for my online store pick-up pre-order. At first the woman only refunded $8.07 but it was because she didn't know I was a GCU member. According to her it doesn't show on their system who has GCU (even tho I gave her the number account in the beginning) and had to let her know I was a GCU member when I was going to have her sort the ordeal but she was still able to refund another $8 back without a problem. So if anyone did an online pre-order for store pick-up like I did you can just call rather than going to the store.

#47 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

Not too far off, but it was more 20-30 min and that agent insulted me and told me that I was basically screwed and they won't be giving me a pop vinyl even though my order qualified. So that pissed me off. Called back and that agent said that she would order one for me no problem.

Called back the next day to be told the agent did leave notes agreeing with what I said happened, but they never actually ordered the vinyl figure. So then they tried to but it was sold out.

So they agreed to give me a $13 refund instead of the pop vinyl, but the agent refunded the wrong gift card that wasn't even mine. Was a friends gift card that I used to order something for them. The agent just gave a refund to a totally different order for a bluetooth headset (not Battlefront). So then I had to be on the phone to deal with their screw up and get it fixed.

So in the end I called my friend and used their $13 to get a pop vinyl off BBY website, the phone support told me to just go to the midnight release (which I planned to anyway) and tell them to just give me a pop vinyl there, and then the rewards people gave me $20 for everyone screwing my stuff up.

So it really snowballed out of control and by the 40 min mark I couldn't quit because the money was in limbo by that point.

They should have given you either a handjob or a reacharound for that amount of time spent on the phone.

#48 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4079 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Still debating if I want this or not or wait for the eventual GOTY edition, decisions decisions...

#49 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:40 AM

went to the store cause I had some returns anyway but was told I had to call because I had pre-ordered and any order starting with BY couldn't be adjusted in store.  No prob.  went home and called.  after waiting, talked to a rep and told her I need the adjustment and it should be $16.  She said $11, so I had to explain GCU and math to her but then she said I should get $19+ back.  For some reason she gave me back all of my tax on top of the $16.  Can't argue with that logic.  makes me feel better about buying the game because I was really torn due to the lack of maps and expensive dlc.

#50 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2904 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:45 AM

Still debating if I want this or not or wait for the eventual GOTY edition, decisions decisions...

BestBuy.com is making this an easier decision with giving me an error that I can't add to cart. I was able to earlier.

#51 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:57 AM

Nice, got $40 refunded to me from the b2g1.

The deluxe edition I preordered only got $6 refunded. Total amount averaged out to exactly what I was supposed to get.

Oh wow, I didn't think getting a price match from the b2g1 would work.  Hopefully this is more than just today as I'll stop by tomorrow to try.

#52 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

Thanks, I got my $17.36 back - I appreciate it.

#53 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

This is great for those that can get it adjusted and pre-ordered. Net ~$22 day one copy.

#54 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1735 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:47 AM

I emailed for the price adjustment. Hopefully I get lucky. No time to call today.

#55 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:00 AM

I've already returned/rebought games to get a free game. I don't feel like getting a price adjustment instore lol

#56 HatersLoveMe707  

HatersLoveMe707

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:10 AM

I followed the link and the games are discounted, but when I add a game to my cart it shows up as regular price. Is anyone having this problem?

#57 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

I followed the link and the games are discounted, but when I add a game to my cart it shows up as regular price. Is anyone having this problem?

deal is dead, it is probably one of bestbuy's special mystery one day sale

#58 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4079 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:04 AM

Deader than a doornail.

#59 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

Deader than a doornail.

Vader voice:
NOOOOOOOO!! 

Seriously, I've been itching for more Star Wars after SWTFA (even though I thought it was okay) and was looking for a good deal on this...definitely not paying MSRP after all these reviews though.

#60 NedHead  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Vader voice:
NOOOOOOOO!! 

Seriously, I've been itching for more Star Wars after SWTFA (even though I thought it was okay) and was looking for a good deal on this...definitely not paying MSRP after all these reviews though.

Just wait another week or two and this thing will probably drop another $10.