Best Buy DOTD: 38%-46% Off for the Collectible Steelbooks and Blu-Ray

I thought about this but majority are bare versions and some first blu Ray versions just stuck into a metal pak on most them. No extras or even digital copies.

I thought about this but majority are bare versions and some first blu Ray versions just stuck into a metal pak on most them. No extras or even digital copies.
I got DVDs and Digitals in some SB's. Not sure what editions they were at the time, but I got Scott Pilgrim, Big Lebowski, and Scarface. All three had DVDs and Digitals. I didn't count SBs from recent releases, though.

I bought Lawrence of Arabia, District 9, and Leon the Professional. D9 is hard to find for less than $8 new, but the SB makes it worth it. Leon has been floating over $10 at times, even the 4K version. Getting the SB for $8 is a no brainer. Lawrence is just a classic epic I wanted to see and owning it feels worth it for a piece of cinema legend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got DVDs and Digitals in some SB's. Not sure what editions they were at the time, but I got Scott Pilgrim, Big Lebowski, and Scarface. All three had DVDs and Digitals. I didn't count SBs from recent releases, though.

I bought Lawrence of Arabia, District 9, and Leon the Professional. D9 is hard to find for less than $8 new, but the SB makes it worth it. Leon has been floating over $10 at times, even the 4K version. Getting the SB for $8 is a no brainer. Lawrence is just a classic epic I wanted to see and owning it feels worth it for a piece of cinema legend.
yea I know that I have a bunch of similar steelbooks and metalpaks that have extras and digital and everything but I meant these pop art ones specifically that Best Buy have.

Thanks for such an informative post. "Hey, some stuff is on sale and I won't tell you what".
Exactly what it says on BB site. I guess clicking the link that shows everything that's on sale is too hard. Oh wait of course it is, everybody wants to be spoonfed nowadays.

[attachment=19073:Screenshot 2015-12-25 at 1.39.13 PM.png]

Movies are:
Drive (sold out)
Leon The Professional (sold out)
Snatch (sold out)
Karate Kid (original)
Desperado (sold out)
Dr Strangelove (sold out)
Tommy
Taxi Driver (sold out)
The Raid: Redemption (sold out)
District 9 (sold out)
The Fifth Element (sold out)
Stripes (sold out)
Easy Rider
Das Boot (sold out)
Superbad (sold out)
Kung Fu Hustle (sold out)
Lawrence Of Arabia
Bridge Over The River Kwai
Equalizer
Zombieland

These are the special Bestbuy edition steel books that fans submitted art for the covers. This is the first time that I've seen all of them on sale at one time. I actually own Kung Fu Hustle & The Karate Kid. They are just the Blu.

These are the special Bestbuy edition steel books that fans submitted art for the covers. This is the first time that I've seen all of them on sale at one time. I actually own Kung Fu Hustle & The Karate Kid. They are just the Blu.
Lawrence of Arabia is a 2-disc release for the "regular" non-SB release, so this one in the SB might be single-disc or two-disc. I ordered the four I didn't own (LoA, BOTRK, Equalizer and Zombieland) and will return LoA if it's only single-disc as I have the 2-disc version already, which did come with a code for a UV version.

Lawrence of Arabia is a 2-disc release for the "regular" non-SB release, so this one in the SB might be single-disc or two-disc. I ordered the four I didn't own (LoA, BOTRK, Equalizer and Zombieland) and will return LoA if it's only single-disc as I have the 2-disc version already, which did come with a code for a UV version.
If mine shows up before yours, I'll post when I can. I am excited to get District 9 and Leon, though...

bread's done
Back