- - - - -

Gamestop/Gamestop.com Guides 50% off - Twilight Princess HD ($19.99), Star Fox ($17.49), FO4 Ult. Vault ($64.99), Xenoblade Wii U CE ($17.49), more

guides

#31 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   737 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Pre-ordered a TPHD and Star Fox Zero CE guide for in-store pickup. Thanks! Can't wait for TPHD in two months! 😃

#32 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1333 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Is the Xenoblade guide any good? also has anyone tried getting these guides for this price in store? thanks

#33 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1688 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

If anyone is looking for Final Fantasy Box Set 2 strategy guides which includes FFX, FFX-2, FFXII for $64.99
http://www.gamestop....x2-ffxii/122880

No these are garbage reprints of old brady guides.

Also be cautious with the $65 fallout guide. The regular hardcover already comes with the lithographs and poster so this is a ripoff imho.

#34 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:55 AM

Is the Xenoblade guide any good? also has anyone tried getting these guides for this price in store? thanks

The prices are good in store. The Xenoblade guide is alright, but honestly you will find much better information on the Xenoblade Wiki. 

#35 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6337 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:50 AM

When is this deal ending?

#36 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:31 AM

I'll rather wait till.amaxon list it. Cause I'll pay less with free 2 day shipping

#37 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2028 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

The prices are good in store.

Any other confirmation on this? The in-store prices on the site all look to be full price, but these will ring up the sale price?
I leave the country on Wednesday and their APO shipping costs would ruin the deal if I had any of these shipped to my location.

#38 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

Wait, there isn't free shipping?  2-Day Shipping = $10, each guide?

....so this deal is more for people that want to pick up the guide in-store, then...?

#39 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:59 AM

Wait, there isn't free shipping? 2-Day Shipping = $10, each guide?

....so this deal is more for people that want to pick up the guide in-store, then...?

Depending on what you get, you can use the free shipping promo. Also why do 2 day shipping on a guide book? Isn't the cheapest option like $3?

#40 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

Any other confirmation on this? The in-store prices on the site all look to be full price, but these will ring up the sale price?
I leave the country on Wednesday and their APO shipping costs would ruin the deal if I had any of these shipped to my location.

For what it's worth, the associate who helped me said it was part of their after Christmas sale. I picked up a Tales of Zestiria guide on 12/26 and even though it said it had an in-store price of $39.99 on GS.com, it rang up at $17.99 without any sort of override.

Here is an imgur link to a picture of my receipt showing the promo.

http://imgur.com/NjFSw69

#41 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2028 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:48 AM

For what it's worth, the associate who helped me said it was part of their after Christmas sale. I picked up a Tales of Zestiria guide on 12/26 and even though it said it had an in-store price of $39.99 on GS.com, it rang up at $17.99 without any sort of override.

Here is an imgur link to a picture of my receipt showing the promo.
http://imgur.com/NjFSw69

Cool deal. Provided the deal is still going on tomorrow, I'll stop in and pick up a MGS V guide, maybe a Halo 5 guide for the hell of it. I might order the SF V guide online though, just because I love having Capcom books sitting in my shelves.

#42 kerbacious   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

kerbacious

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

Prices good in store picked up fallout guide !

#43 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:38 PM

Guides are stupid you can just look everything up online now

and there's barely anything art-wise to make them worth it either

*looks at growing amiibo/infinity/skylanders collection*

*remembers haven't used any of them*

*have multiple copies of many crappy games*

1374728888144.jpg

this websites motto really

#44 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

I love strategy guides, and have own DkS I and DkS II CE guides. They are handy for looking up weapon stats but mainly I got them because the art is really cool. 

Tempted at $20 for the CE, but it will likely be that price or $2 more on Amazon. .. decisions. 

Also wanted to snag Xenoblade CE, but I heard that thing sucks royally. 

And huh ... look at that. The first Dark Souls strategy guide has increased in price. (just checked) 

#45 Unholy_Headbanger   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1768 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Unholy_Headbanger

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

Any idea how long this sale is good for?

#46 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12813 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Tempted to pick up a few of these CE guides since penny guides are impossible to come by in my area anymore.

#47 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

My order from Gamestop arrived within 2 days and I used SAVER shipping. Pretty impressive! Now to go return the same guides that I bought from Best Buy.

#48 FoxAlive   Banned Banned   238 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

FoxAlive

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:38 AM

10% extra off guides didn't apply for me in store. Strange because I am a pro member. As far as return policy goes for these, guides are still non-refundable I assume? So SOL if your trying to return one for a refund?

#49 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:39 AM

I snagged the Fo4 hardcover guide tonight. I'm fucking lost in that game. I never played the others at all...

#50 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

10% extra off guides didn't apply for me in store. Strange because I am a pro member. As far as return policy goes for these, guides are still non-refundable I assume? So SOL if your trying to return one for a refund?

At best buy I needed a manager over ride for my return. It wasn't much of a hassle since the guides were still sealed. The system itself doesn't seem to want to return them tho.

#51 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3000 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

Haven't ordered anything from GameStop in a while; I see they're still phoning it in. Two CE guides thrown in a big box with a bunch of air pillows. Box was crushed. One guide has a gash in its spine, the other a pretty big ding in the edge of its cover. I'll probably pay a little more for Best Buy next time (although I don't think the sale items completely overlapped).

#52 skate4music   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

skate4music

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:54 AM

Not sure if anyone will see this, but anybody who preordered the zelda twilight princess guide for instore pickup, were you able to pick it up at the 50% off price. My account on the website shows the order as open and shows the right price. When I pull my account up in the app it shows the order as ready for pick up, but lists the regular price. i went to the store today to try to pick it up, the employee said it showed the order on her screen, but just as a preorder and at full price. Did she need to scan it under my account or something for the right price to show. I wound up leaving without the guide and have tried contacting gamestop, but am waiting back for a response.