Recommend an External Hard Drive

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I'm out of space on my 500GB Xbox One.  I'm looking at the WD 4TB Mybook but am open to suggestions.  Since I filled up 500GB in less than a year I'm thinking I need at least 3TB.  There is a 3TB My Passport Ultra at Amazon for roughly the same price as the 4TB Mybook but the 3TB one is USB powered.  Does that matter or should I just get the bigger one?

I'm out of space on my 500GB Xbox One. I'm looking at the WD 4TB Mybook but am open to suggestions. Since I filled up 500GB in less than a year I'm thinking I need at least 3TB. There is a 3TB My Passport Ultra at Amazon for roughly the same price as the 4TB Mybook but the 3TB one is USB powered. Does that matter or should I just get the bigger one?
I own the 2T Passport Ultra, using it on my 360. Also own the 3TB Passport Ultra, using that for my PC on backup. I have a 4TB My Book on my X1 and it's been working great since day 1 over a year ago. All of the drives have been working great since purchase, in fact.

3TB is as big as it gets for USB-powered only and unless you need a USB-powered drive due to no AC outlet handy, I'd recommend the 4TB My Book.

Thanks - looks like I'll grab the 4TB Mybook.  Does it make a lot of noise?  I am still surprised how loud the XB1 can be.

I picked it up and transferred everything over (individually - couldn't find a way to move everything at once).  So far it is working great!  $114 for 4TB.  Pretty good...

bread's done
Back