* * * * - 21 votes

PSNOT 3.0 - The least worst thread on CAG anymore! But it still sucks.

#44761 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6793 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Anyone want a code for a free movie ticket through fandango? You have to use it by tomorrow, I'm not going to.

Maybe?

#44762 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

I preferred farming The Rotten to get enough Soul Memory to bypass the first half of the game in NG++, though that requires having a bunch of Bonfire Ascetics beforehand.

I saw someone say they had to farm the guy like 200 times or some shit. I would rather just speed run the bosses. Plus what's cool about Giant Lord is you can get a bonfire ascetic every time, and I'm doing it to overlevel and buy a bunch of items.

#44763 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37692 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

I saw someone say they had to farm the guy like 200 times or some shit. I would rather just speed run the bosses. Plus what's cool about Giant Lord is you can get a bonfire ascetic every time, and I'm doing it to overlevel and buy a bunch of items.

Yeah, it was a lot, but not nearly that many since I barely used soul consumables--I think I fought him closer to 30-40 times. I didn't want to deal with the other areas again on NG++, so I farmed The Rotten on NG+ to get the Soul items he dropped to then use while in NG++ to open the 2-million-soul door.

#44764 equistina  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

Omg just saw this on instagram, have you guys seen these?IMG_1823.PNG

#44765 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, it was a lot, but not nearly that many since I barely used soul consumables--I think I fought him closer to 30-40 times. I didn't want to deal with the other areas again on NG++, so I farmed The Rotten on NG+ to get the Soul items he dropped to then use while in NG++ to open the 2-million-soul door.

Acquiring consumables worth 3 million souls in NG+ and then popping them seems like a waste of time, as you get a significant amount of souls from the actual kill of the boss as well. If you wear +soul gear (covetous silver ring +2 from Mytha in NG+, jester gloves or Tseldora gloves, Tseldora Trousers, Tseldora cap, kill Titchy Gren before you leave NG to buy Nahr Alma Robes from Helentia; a total of +27% souls), and consume the 2 souls you get from killing the Rotten at bonfire STR 2 and above each time, it's like 12-14 times to get to 3 million Soul memory during NG++ for the Shrine of Winter skip.

it doesn't take that long to get to the Rotten in NG++. Wear fall damage gear and you can immediately go through the grave of the saints as soon as you exit the Things Betwixt. There is a Fragrant branch of Yore in The Gutter and the Black Gulch so you don't even have to go into the Forest of the Fallen Giants. I think it only took me 3 hours from the start of NG++ to acquiring the items from the vendor in Dranglec Castle for the plat.

Something else you can do is hold onto any boss souls that are used for weapon crafting, spells, or hexes that you don't plan to actually use in battle (only use them to get pyromancies and Miracles) and then get to the end of NG+. Create a back-up, jump to NG++. Consume all those boss souls and farm the Rotten to get the last 2 miracles and pyromancy from Chancellar Wellager for the trophies, then revert to your NG+ save to get the Hexes and Spells with those boss souls.

It would probably be a good idea to do all the DLC areas before you go too crazy acquiring souls from the Giant Lord in case you need summoning help. Each of the 3 DLCs have an area which is designed for co-op and if your soul memory gets too high in NG you might have difficulty finding partners if you need help.

#44766 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

I'd try that girls scout caramel crunch cereal. Not sure I'd want to try the thin mint one even though I like the cookies.

#44767 munkywawa   Cross only does a ground pass. Box does a cross. CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

You made this joke like two weeks ago, bruh.

I never made a 9/11 trophy related post in my life. As someone who's so obsessed with me and everything I say, I'd expect you to know better.

You probably went back and hid the post where you made fun of people planning ahead for trophy milestones, I wouldn't be surprised, it's cool though.

Seeing as how I've been on psnot through your entire relationship and I was in the destiny flawless raid team with you both, can I be the best man for one of you when you get married?

#44768 munkywawa   Cross only does a ground pass. Box does a cross. CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Girl scout cookies are serious business.  I saw GSC flavored gum yesterday.  The best is the GSC flavored nestle crunch bars and the old GSC flavored ice cream, which they don't make any more.  I think it was Edy's.  Breyers now has the rights to make GSC ice cream, but it's not as good.

#44769 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

GSC ice-cream?? I'd try that. But not Breyers. Ben & Jerry's should take over.

#44770 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

I guess he's done Dark Souls 2.

#44771 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

I guess he's done Dark Souls 2.

Not yet, took a break yesterday when I realized I had to farm a rare NPC spawn 30 times. Not sure if I'm gonna play today either.

#44772 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37692 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Not yet, took a break yesterday when I realized I had to farm a rare NPC spawn 30 times. Not sure if I'm gonna play today either.

The Mad Warrior or whatever for the Bell Keeper covenant?

#44773 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

The Mad Warrior or whatever for the Bell Keeper covenant?

Yeah, that's gonna be boring.

#44774 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3254 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

We've got about ten hours left to inaugurate Bernie. We can do it!

#44775 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3254 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

Farewell, Obama.

Spoiler

#44776 Sagemoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Sagemoon

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

Breyers icecream is not great

#44777 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

sage brings truth all day every day

#44778 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

gaming updates:

- binge played ffxiv for a month to try to get to the end game stuff and promptly discovered the end game stuff is either a.) extremely dated (i.e. the rewards are for long post-50 quests are considerably weaker than stuff you can buy on the player market for a few thousand gil) or b.) more effort / learning than I want to put in.  swell mmo, 30 days was enough.  I'm glad I accidentally conned a bunch of us in to buying it and I'll probably keep running dungeons/hunts/etc for the next 10 days until my sub runs out because that's the most fun stuff.

- letter quest is cool.  the 'farted' glitch is awesome.  I like it.

- everyday I try to get started on bioshock and every day I get distracted by something else.  like playing pvzgw2 all night or doing street fighter 5 challenges.  I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

- I did finally try super dungeon bros and did not care for it

#44779 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37692 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

I actually felt a slap after seeing Android Assault Cactus at $4.94 when I paid more than double and still haven't played it.

#44780 Sagemoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Sagemoon

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

AAC is so good

#44781 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, that's gonna be boring.

This will help speed up the process significantly if you haven't already found this method. Despawn all the enemies that are closer than the distance from the Mad Warrior's spawn point (not just in the Belfry, but all enemies within 360 degrees). Now use unveil at the bonfire. If it flies to the left, no Mad Warrior, reset at the bonfire and recast. If it flies to the right, mad warrior spawned.

#44782 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37692 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

This will help speed up the process significantly if you haven't already found this method. Despawn all the enemies that are closer than the distance from the Mad Warrior's spawn point (not just in the Belfry, but all enemies within 360 degrees). Now use unveil at the bonfire. If it flies to the left, no Mad Warrior, reset at the bonfire and recast. If it flies to the right, mad warrior spawned.

Will this work for the PS3, non-SotFS version? I plan on going through that someday.

#44783 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

Will this work for the PS3, non-SotFS version? I plan on going through that someday.

It should as well since unveil goes toward the nearest enemy / invading spirit. If you obliterate every other enemy that spawns closer, then it will only go toward the right when the Mad Warrior has spawned.

Though there is another method that works on the PS3 disc version which is the one I used before I knew about the unveil trick. This method is probably also faster since you don't have to despawn any enemies. Mute / turn the sound on your TV down all the way. When you click to sit down at the Belfry bonfire the PS3 will read the disc one time to reset all the enemies. After you sit down, if the PS3 reads the disc a second time as the fog is clearing on the screen, that means it is spawning the mad warrior. Skip to 55 seconds.

#44784 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37692 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

It should as well since unveil goes toward the nearest enemy / invading spirit. If you obliterate every other enemy that spawns closer, then it will only go toward the right when the Mad Warrior has spawned.

Though there is another method that works on the PS3 disc version which is the one I used before I knew about the unveil trick. This method is probably also faster since you don't have to despawn any enemies. Mute / turn the sound on your TV down all the way. When you click to sit down at the Belfry bonfire the PS3 will read the disc one time to reset all the enemies. After you sit down, if the PS3 reads the disc a second time as the fog is clearing on the screen, that means it is spawning the mad warrior. Skip to 55 seconds.

Thanks, that'll be a big help.

#44785 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

jesus vig just play assault android cactus.  you're not getting any younger and the human body can only stave off arthritis for so long!

#44786 munkywawa   Cross only does a ground pass. Box does a cross. CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

I bet vig has a permanent red hand mark on his face for all the slaps sony has given him

#44787 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37692 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

I bet vig has a permanent red hand mark on his face for all the slaps sony has given him

For just this flash sale, sure.

#44788 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

gaming updates:

- binge played ffxiv for a month to try to get to the end game stuff and promptly discovered the end game stuff is either a.) extremely dated (i.e. the rewards are for long post-50 quests are considerably weaker than stuff you can buy on the player market for a few thousand gil) or b.) more effort / learning than I want to put in.  swell mmo, 30 days was enough.  I'm glad I accidentally conned a bunch of us in to buying it and I'll probably keep running dungeons/hunts/etc for the next 10 days until my sub runs out because that's the most fun stuff.

- letter quest is cool.  the 'farted' glitch is awesome.  I like it.

- everyday I try to get started on bioshock and every day I get distracted by something else.  like playing pvzgw2 all night or doing street fighter 5 challenges.  I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

- I did finally try super dungeon bros and did not care for it

What MMO you wanna play next?

#44789 PancakesAreLove   CAG Chef CAGiversary!   5545 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

PancakesAreLove

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

What MMO you wanna play next?

Neopets

#44790 theheroweneed  

theheroweneed

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

This Flash sale is pretty great, I would have saved a ton if I had been more patient.