American Horror Story: Freak Show (4 Disc DVD Set) $12.95 shipped.

Good deal....worst season of the show by far
I dunno, Coven and Hotel are some of the worst things I've ever forced myself to slog through. Freakshow was mostly watchable, though not great. I have no idea why I give this awful show a chance every year - it's never, ever going to live up to that first season. Ryan Murphy is just an awful hack of a showrunner who occasionally gets lucky.

I think all the seasons have a little something for everyone.

But I try not to be a judgmental bastard.

I dunno, Coven and Hotel are some of the worst things I've ever forced myself to slog through. Freakshow was mostly watchable, though not great. I have no idea why I give this awful show a chance every year - it's never, ever going to live up to that first season. Ryan Murphy is just an awful hack of a showrunner who occasionally gets lucky.
yeah the first season man....just glorious, it really was gold. season 2 was pretty good too. but if you ask me....coven starts off good and then spirals off into complete ****....freakshow....I just have no idea what they were trying there. the plot was all over the place and the ending was even worse. season 4 is why Im not trying season 5....and my one friend who likes the show(he only hates season 4) and has noticeably lower standards for TV than me even hates season 5 so that worries me.

so i guess our main differences are is you hate season 3 and find 4 watchable and i find 3 watchable and 4 terrible lol.

did you like season 2? I see you didnt mention that one.

yeah the first season man....just glorious, it really was gold. season 2 was pretty good too. but if you ask me....coven starts off good and then spirals off into complete ****....freakshow....I just have no idea what they were trying there. the plot was all over the place and the ending was even worse. season 4 is why Im not trying season 5....and my one friend who likes the show(he only hates season 4) and has noticeably lower standards for TV than me even hates season 5 so that worries me.

so i guess our main differences are is you hate season 3 and find 4 watchable and i find 3 watchable and 4 terrible lol.

did you like season 2? I see you didnt mention that one.
I liked the beginning of season two a lot (and the first episode of Coven - ONLY the first episode), but it started to collapse in on itself at about the halfway point, and by the end it was another aimless mess. Murphy's typical problem is that his shows lack focus and direction, and with the exception of the first season, AHS is a prime example of this ongoing issue. My fiance and I are still hate-watching Hotel, but oh god, it's just SO BAD.

I liked the beginning of season two a lot (and the first episode of Coven - ONLY the first episode), but it started to collapse in on itself at about the halfway point, and by the end it was another aimless mess. Murphy's typical problem is that his shows lack focus and direction, and with the exception of the first season, AHS is a prime example of this ongoing issue. My fiance and I are still hate-watching Hotel, but oh god, it's just SO BAD.
well Im not all up today on hollywood stuff so I have no idea who Murphy is beyond this show.

that said we agree. Coven starts off fine and then spirals into a mess.

I do want to watch the first two seasons again, but I dont recall hating the end of season 2. though i could be wrong.

yeah my friend just told me some more about Hotel, he finally quit watching. he said the 72 minute character explanation of the gay man did for him when everyone else got 10 or 15 minutes that and he has no idea what the hell is going on with the show aka why is the hotel so terrible.

I got a full refund on this and will instead stream all 4 seasons on Netflix for free.
The main issue I have with Netflix is there is no guarantee the show will be available forever. So if I have an urge to watch it again in two years it may not be there. That's why I always jump on getting physical media, especially if it's something I really enjoy and the price is good. This show is more of a blind buy for me so I am happy with watching it on Hulu or Netflix, however, if I really like it I may seek out the Blu-rays for $15 or under each season.

Oh, if I watch it once, I'm good. If I really wanted to see it again, I can easily download the bitch. But I always either buy Blu Rays and DVD's or stream. It's freaking best of both worlds.

well Im not all up today on hollywood stuff so I have no idea who Murphy is beyond this show.

that said we agree. Coven starts off fine and then spirals into a mess.

I do want to watch the first two seasons again, but I dont recall hating the end of season 2. though i could be wrong.

yeah my friend just told me some more about Hotel, he finally quit watching. he said the 72 minute character explanation of the gay man did for him when everyone else got 10 or 15 minutes that and he has no idea what the hell is going on with the show aka why is the hotel so terrible.
Ryan Murphy is the director. I first noticed his work when I really got into Nip/Tuck and he also did Glee. I'm not sure if it's because he is gay, but he tried really hard to push gay plots/sub-plots unnecessarily but that's just my opinion.

bread's done
Back