Speakers for DJ Practicing

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Hey guys I'm looking to get some budget speakers (about $150-200) for home DJ practicing, and maybe even use them at small parties. My controller is the Pioneer DDJ-SB2. I've already got nice headphones as well as Serato.

I've got my choices narrowed down to the Mackie CR4s, Logitech Z623s, and the Monoprice 5" Studio Monitors.

I've also been told that PA systems or loudspeakers are a better option, but I can't find any good ones for the life of me.

Thanks everyone so much in advance.

Mackie is a quality brand. 

Check out the KRK line as well, I've been using a pair of Rokit 5's for over 10 years and they sound incredible for the price (I paid $150/pair at Guitar Center).

Last edited by a moderator:
Behringer powered 12s would be fine for small parties and practice use. If you can swing Mackie or Peavy powered 12s I would buy those. But you should definitely get powered speakers either way, I stopped using a separate amp years ago for my setups and I haven't looked back or missed lugging the extra 40lbs around.

Double post..

Might as well state that for monitor use I always liked m-audio's offerings. But unless you're actually producing original tracks I'm not sure the benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back