* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2016, Part 1

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#6541 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

Techland

In this moment I'm like "holy shit Frisky is gonna talk about something other than RL"... then the next words happened and reality set in

#6542 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

Check your email. The would have emailed your code to you as well.

Can confirm this is true, but I immediately put the codes in a text file, just in case.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on Transformers. It seems like a great value, but with no indication of BC I don't think they would ever see playtime. I already dropped $20 on MUA, banking on them going BC.

Activision seems really opposed to BC, in favour of half-assed re-releases for new hardware (Prototype, Deadpool). As much as I would welcome a next-gen MUA 1 & 2, I can't imagine it's going to happen, which is all the more frustrating.

#6543 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67364 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

In this moment I'm like "holy shit Frisky is gonna talk about something other than RL"... then the next words happened and reality set in

I knew the hate was real.

#6544 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

I knew the hate was real.

200_s.gif

#6545 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67364 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

I hope somebody at XBL Rewards is getting paid big bucks to come up with these ridiculous promotions:

How do I earn Rewards with the Green with Envy Offer?

This is a five-part offer worth up to 10,000 Rewards Credits overall. In order to earn the entire amount, you must complete all of the items on the Xbox Envy List below. Please see Question 2 for eligible content. All actions must be completed between March 1, 2016 00:01 UTC and March 31, 2016 23:59 UTC. Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com or another world time database to determine local time.

• Action #1 – Be Famous: Earn 3,000 Rewards Credits for spending at least $50 before tax on eligible Games on Demand titles like Rock Band 4 and FIFA 16 in the Xbox Store, or eligible movie and TV titles like Entourage and Ballers from Microsoft Movies & TV.
  • Action #2 – Be The Bling: Earn 1,000 Rewards Credits for spending at least $5 before tax on bling for your avatar in the Xbox Store.
  • Action #3 – Be A Boss: Earn 5,000 Rewards Credits for spending at least $65 on multi-player games like Destiny: The Taken King and Call of Duty: Black Ops III in the Xbox Store.
  • Action #4 – Be The Buzz: Tweet your most-envied moment from the month using #XboxEnvy to get featured in our gallery.
  • Action #5 – Be Our Envy: Earn 1,000 Rewards Credits for completing every item on the Xbox Envy List. In addition, users who complete the entire list may be surprised with a special something from Xbox Live Rewards.

Credits are 1k = $1, right? That's $3 for spending $50 and $5 for spending $65, which doesn't seem worth it unless they're on sale during the month. That and the whole list is a weird mishmash of objectives.

#6546 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

Getting Thorn was easier than that

#6547 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11462 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:21 PM

That is a bit silly, but since I buy digital only on the X1  I'll take whatever they throw at me for free anyways.

#6548 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30547 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

No idea if this code still works, if it does it should be for Sparkle 2.

KM9TP-YY6Y2-276MD-2K3KV-3FR6Z

#6549 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5950 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

I was about one second too slow, but thanks anyway.

#6550 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

Thanks dude! I owe you, my wife will have fun playing this.

I was about one second too slow, but thanks anyway.

Sorry :)

#6551 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5950 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

Sorry :)

It's all good. I'd probably never play it, but like you, my wife may have found some enjoyment.

#6552 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

It's all good. I'd probably never play it, but like you, my wife may have found some enjoyment.

She never likes the games I buy, but she loves Peggle and Bejeweled 3 so I'm sure this will get lots of play time.

#6553 Inriri  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:23 PM

Don't forget the games eligible for the promo are mostly sports games and Rockband.

#6554 Bercelak   Guardians Volume 3!!!! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

Getting Thorn was easier than that

I remember doing that quest. That was horrible.

#6555 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

Techland and Psyonix have partnered up to put themed stuff from Rocket League into Dying Light: The Following and vice versa. Here's the Dying Light part of the deal:

https://dockets.dyin...com/?lang=en_US

Sign-in there and enter the code "lightmyrocket" to unlock the Rocket League skin for the buggy.

As for Rocket League, Dying Light stuff will be coming to Rocket League in the next big update.

Thanks for posting this Frisky. I never heard of this dockets shit before (Dying Light is in my backlog), so I signed up and found out it's much like Borderlands' SHIFT System.

Pretty much all the codes are expired (they weren't anything special like this skin anyway), but on the bright side, it's crossplatform and you don't actually need the game to sign up.

Here are the three working codes (redeem soon in case they're set to expire any day now):

• 08AHFGBAF6DG - Premium Docket
  • WHERESTHECHICKEN - Premium Docket

LIGHTMYROCKET - Dying Light Skin

And here's a Steam thread that seems to keep track of the codes (they work for console because crossplatform) -> http://steamcommunit...tscn=1457730517

#6556 knight19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:05 PM

No, not likely. I bought the Full Experience and it basically just points to the Intro Pack (episode one).

Any buzz on the new Hitman game, i.e. quality, length, value?  I'm interested in probably buying it piecemeal, but if it's $15 for what would amount to one level in Hitman: Absolution, then...no. 

What a cluster- Fuck. First you had to goto the webpage and enter the secret word, which was prominently displayed next to the entry box. Then you would get a code for the platform of your choice, but you couldn't redeem it prior to a week before launch. By the time you could redeem it, the promotion had ended and if you hadn't copied down the code - you lost it. Now that you can redeem the code, the store listing is all screwed up and you could only download it through a backdoor that was only open a few days.

All for some stupid jackets I'm probably not going to pick over ones I've already found that match my hat.

The Rewards Vendor had stuff for me, from Siege and Pre-order, but not the Origins suits.

I didn't download it through a backdoor.  I accessed the content after redeeming the code through the on-console XBOX Store in the Add Ons section.  Who knows why the content was "removed" or if it's just temporarily off the marketplace.

I'll mention this to my buddy that didn't write his code down and thought he was SOL, thanks. I'll probably wait til after the download issues get sorted out, so he can just take care of it at once.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on Transformers. It seems like a great value, but with no indication of BC I don't think they would ever see playtime. I already dropped $20 on MUA, banking on them going BC.

The email with the code is from whenever you signed up for the offer - mine was dated 1/20 - and the subject line is "Claim Your Division Agent Gear Sets" (maybe that will help your friend find it faster).

Thanks for posting this Frisky. I never heard of this dockets shit before (Dying Light is in my backlog), so I signed up and found out it's much like Borderlands' SHIFT System.

Pretty much all the codes are expired (they weren't anything special like this skin anyway), but on the bright side, it's crossplatform and you don't actually need the game to sign up.

It's great you can enter them online -I always hated entering the SHIFT codes via controller on the console and, after awhile, gave up.  Cut and paste is so much better - thanks for posting!  :)

#6557 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

I didn't download it through a backdoor. I accessed the content after redeeming the code through the on-console XBOX Store in the Add Ons section. Who knows why the content was "removed" or if it's just temporarily off the marketplace.

I didn't mean to imply anything improper. I just meant that it doesn't download automatically or show up under Manage Game, which were the first places I looked. It'll show up, there's complaints up on the official forums.

The email with the code is from whenever you signed up for the offer - mine was dated 1/20 - and the subject line is "Claim Your Division Agent Gear Sets" (maybe that will help your friend find it faster).

Thanks. He probably won't put in the effort; He buys games at full price and rolls his eyes when I mention sales/discount xbl credit.

It's great you can enter them online -I always hated entering the SHIFT codes via controller on the console and, after awhile, gave up. Cut and paste is so much better - thanks for posting! :)

+1.

#6558 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

-snip-

No problem. I have the codes thread subscribed to on Steam, so I'll post codes when I see them.

I also completely forgot you couldn't redeem SHIFT keys online, was always a load of shit. Definite improvement here.

Re: Agent Origins

Like Cap, I'm fucked. I believe they were available on the marketplace for a small window (I saw them on the Xbox store the day of release?), and I think you could have installed them at that point (since they don't auto-install) by going to the Xbox Store on your console, but they've since been removed (maybe to be reinstated as a Season Pass DLC later on to make buyers feel like they got their money's worth before the first paid expansion).

However, unlike 360, there's no "add to queue" button on the Xbone purchase history, which is a problem I've always thought needed to be addressed. The website just needs a lot of improvements/a bit of an overhaul, as it's gotten worse since the 360 days, specifically on the Xbone side. I don't often use the PSN web store, but I can tell it's a lot more functional in certain departments (being able to put multiple items in cart, for example).

tl;dr Get your shit together Microsoft.

#6559 MusicInfinity  

MusicInfinity

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:00 AM

So is Awesomenauts still happening for xbox 1 or did it get scraped?

#6560 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9622 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

Here are the three working codes (redeem soon in case they're set to expire any day now):

• 08AHFGBAF6DG - Premium Docket
  • WHERESTHECHICKEN - Premium Docket

LIGHTMYROCKET - Dying Light Skin

And here's a Steam thread that seems to keep track of the codes (they work for console because crossplatform) -> http://steamcommunit...tscn=1457730517

Thanks for summing those codes up for me.  The last time I redeemed anything was 1/15/15.  I ALMOST feel the urge to play the game, but I think the ~15 minutes I've spent in it were the perfect experience and I don't want to ruin the memory. :)

#6561 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

Does anyone know the rules regarding 7-day Xbox live codes? I know you can't get GwG from them but can they still let you buy games from a weekly sale or during the Spring Sale?

#6562 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3752 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:30 AM

So someone asked if the Ori saves carry over to Ori: DE. I can confirm that they dont. Before you start bawling, the cheevos dont carry over either (obviously) :-D

#6563 silverrat23   GMT +11 CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

silverrat23

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Does anyone know the rules regarding 7-day Xbox live codes? I know you can't get GwG from them but can they still let you buy games from a weekly sale or during the Spring Sale?

No. 2-day, 7-day and 14-day trials do NOT work. To buy at Gold prices, you'd need a subscription code minimum of 1 month.

#6564 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13534 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

No. 2-day, 7-day and 14-day trials do NOT work. To buy at Gold prices, you'd need a subscription code minimum of 1 month.

That is actually incorrect.

They work fine for Xbox One.  Just not 360.

#6565 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:00 AM

14 days trials worked a month ago on Gold prices for  for :360:   :xb1:

https://www.cheapass...5lr/?p=13200859

https://www.cheapass...5lr/?p=13200888\

\

ignore for :360: and screenshot, did work for :xb1: then though because was able to get the gold price for something on a 14 day trial.

#6566 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13534 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:12 AM

What ever happened to DCU Online coming to Xbox?

I guess I can uninstall the Fable Legends Beta.  Not that I ever played it, but I had it installed on XBO and W10.

#6567 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:29 AM

Didn't they just announce it like a month ago which was at least two years too late?

#6568 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67364 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:33 AM

I guess I can uninstall the Fable Legends Beta.  Not that I ever played it, but I had it installed on XBO and W10.

It's going to be around for another month, so you can still play it before it's officially shut down. 

#6569 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:36 AM

It's going to be around for another month, so you can still play it before it's officially shut down. 

Not sure why you would want to start now. :rofl:

#6570 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67364 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:40 AM

Not sure why you would want to start now. :rofl:

Gotta see for yourself what sort of game got Lionhead shut down.