* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2016, Part 1

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#7981 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

Is tonight when the Spring Sale starts?

They cancelled the Spring Sale and took a skinny dump on your scalp.

#7982 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:40 PM

Buy it. $24 at BBY after GCU. Worth it all! I grinned out Black Ops 3 until I hit Master Prestige and got Dark Matter and Hero armor. Bought this game after being burnt out on cod and I'm never goin back. Such a great change in pace for FPSes

Yeah I had it in my hand the other day but then saw Borderlands The Handsome Collection for the same. Now I missed it but I'm sure it will come back around for the same price.

Last year's remaster is what this will be. They are remasters in that there are no jaggies, but still very polygonal.

Spoiler

To me a remaster should consist of new textures and better character models. This just doesn't interest me. If it leads to making another remaster then sure but this isn't getting my money as it should of been redone then just updating the character models a little. edit - alright this comparison video shows me the differences then what I assumed from screenshots, but still not interested as I don't see much difference.

#7983 Sielanas  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

Relevant info for SC2 being added to BC, it's still on sale for $5. KOF is normal price of $10.

Zero players in the online mode for SC. Opponent not found at any rank, worldwide.

#7984 Os Money   CAGaholic! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

bought sniper elite:ue. maybe ill play it BEFORE number 4 comes out. loved the ZAT though.

#7985 .Beowulf  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

bought sniper elite:ue. maybe ill play it BEFORE number 4 comes out. loved the ZAT though.

I want it! but I know it'll be cheaper

gotta hold out just a little longer for them to take away my temptation then I can replace it with regret

#7986 Tandjame  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:20 PM

I downloaded SC2 but I can't play it :(

I keep getting the "this game is not available yet" message.

#7987 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4252 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:39 PM

They cancelled the Spring Sale and took a skinny dump on your scalp.

#7988 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

Night Dive Studios is planning on bringing Turok and Turok 2 remasters to XB1. The first one hit Steam late last year.

This is some of the best news I've heard in a while gaming wise, one of my favorite franchises played a lot of these growing up, would love to see Rage Wars happen at some point. 

#7989 Metalepic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Metalepic

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

i feel like i'm gonna end up buying resident evil 6 tomorrow and im not sure why

i guess im curious if i remember liking the game when it first came out or if mentally i just forced myself to play through cause i bought it at full price at its midnight release

#7990 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3725 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

At least the game is better now than on launch. They toned the QTEs down and let you turn them off, along with letting you adjust the FOV to not be shit.

#7991 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

Last year's remaster is what this will be. They are remasters in that there are no jaggies, but still very polygonal.
[SPOILER]
PIhrUPB.jpg?1

Well, I caved in and bought Turok on GOG. What a crap and sad game. I hate it so much. It looks and plays horribly. I prefer to play Duke3D/Quake 1 on a modern source port than this crap. Dont know what the fuss is about, maybe and only nostalgia?

#7992 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

RE6 is honestly a lot of fun with a coop partner, and it is also going to include the No Mercy mode that was PC exclusive so that's a nice little bonus on top of all the DLC

#7993 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68502 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:17 PM

i feel like i'm gonna end up buying resident evil 6 tomorrow and im not sure why

i guess im curious if i remember liking the game when it first came out or if mentally i just forced myself to play through cause i bought it at full price at its midnight release

It's amazing how good Capcom's PR has been for this remastered RE6 by saying nothing, so the people that have forgotten why they hated it the first time around will pay money to refresh their memories.

#7994 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

Seen someone pay $14.99 at the store the other day for RE6 on xbox 360. Even told him it was on sale on xbl, "I don't have gold". 1 month is only a dollar right now, "look a butterfly". Then I told him about this website, oops.

#7995 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5290 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

Relevant info for SC2 being added to BC, it's still on sale for $5. KOF is normal price of $10.

Zero players in the online mode for SC. Opponent not found at any rank, worldwide.

It's weird wording. You can set it to America or Worldwide, but Worldwide actually means "every country that's not America". Try setting to America and see if you have any luck.

#7996 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7815 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

Seen someone pay $14.99 at the store the other day for RE6 on xbox 360. Even told him it was on sale on xbl, "I don't have gold". 1 month is only a dollar right now, "look a butterfly". Then I told him about this website, oops.

And another cheapass gets his wings. You did good. You did good.

#7997 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

Wonder what sadness will befall us tonight.

#7998 WonkyToad   Switch Friend Code = SW-5381-8720-3041 - ADD ME!... if you w CAGiversary!   914 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

Is tonight when the Spring Sale starts?

I was wondering the same thing.
All last week was nothing but a bunch of stuff that I could get cheaper on disc at retail.

Unless of course, you were looking for DLC or Season Passes.
Then if you want a discount on those you would have to buy it with the main game again, even if you already had the main game and just wanted the DLC/Season Pass.
Once again the video game battle cry "BUY IT AGAIN! ..... and at a higher price"

#7999 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

Looks like NHL 16 has been added to the vault a little early.

#8000 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4350 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

Looks like NHL 16 has been added to the vault a little early.

Excellent news, I would imagine this is a much better hockey game than Rory is a golf game... then again this may also be a better golf game than Rory is

#8001 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6544 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

If one XBLA game that I don't have goes on sale tonight, I will thank my lucky stars...

#8002 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:52 PM

http://www.killerins...and-windows-10/

"

I encourage each and every one of you who plans to play both the Xbox One and Windows 10 version of Killer Instinct to read this post very carefully and take note of it! When Season 3 launches tomorrow, you must first sign into the game on your Xbox One console before you sign in to Windows 10. If you do not do this, your data will not carry over to the Windows 10 version and you’ll be starting the game with new save data, meaning all of your hard earned progress will not be available on the Windows 10 version of the game. Yes, you’ll basically be starting from scratch. Now, in the off chance that you no longer have an Xbox One, you can log in to your account on any other Xbox One console for the same results.

Again everyone, please keep all of this in mind for tomorrow’s launch. I know many of you plan to move over exclusively to Windows 10 or intend on utilizing both, so please tread carefully so you don’t have start all over again. Season 3 will be available sometime tomorrow on March 29th."

#8003 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

You have to have stinky-ass Windows 10 to run this game? Ugh. My gaming desktop is on Win 7, and I have no intention of "up"grading it any time soon.

#8004 praxus07  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:07 PM

This sale might not have been amazing but I still managed to pick some stuff up. ESO Tamriel Unlimited and its Orsimium and Thieves Guild dlcs, Sleeping Dogs Definitive, and AC Unity from CDKeys. Now I really can't be spending on anything else for a while.

#8005 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4350 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:10 PM

Well, I caved in and bought Turok on GOG. What a crap and sad game. I hate it so much. It looks and plays horribly. I prefer to play Duke3D/Quake 1 on a modern source port than this crap. Dont know what the fuss is about, maybe and only nostalgia?

You just paid $20 for Turok on gog? Fond memories can make you do crazy things

And there's too much coming out in the near future with both consoles to justify spending much during this sale. The only things I ended up grabbing were Binding of Isaac (before the price jump) and the Resident Evil Origins bundle

#8006 afterpeych  

afterpeych

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

This sale might not have been amazing but I still managed to pick some stuff up. ESO Tamriel Unlimited and its Orsimium and Thieves Guild dlcs, Sleeping Dogs Definitive, and AC Unity from CDKeys. Now I really can't be spending on anything else for a while.

Same for me concerning ESO and AC ! Discovered btw that the crowns on the BR store were really cheap ... 

No deals early today because of Easter ?

#8007 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

Did the Xbone get a permanent price drop? The trailer says it's $299

http://ca.ign.com/vi...ou-know-trailer

#8008 afterpeych  

afterpeych

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Kinda since black friday... old marketing technique. Now 299$£€ with Quantum break

#8009 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

You just paid $20 for Turok on gog? Fond memories can make you do crazy things

And there's too much coming out in the near future with both consoles to justify spending much during this sale. The only things I ended up grabbing were Binding of Isaac (before the price jump) and the Resident Evil Origins bundle

Memory play nasty jokes. Turok is disgusting, no port is going to change that.

#8010 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4285 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:34 PM