* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2016, Part 1

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#14941 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2940 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

I don't think they mentioned it in the conference, but Expertzone's Gears 4 training says Horde 3.0 has 5 classes with different abilities.

#14942 Kojiro   Mad Scientist CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

I missed the press conference. Did they mention if these XB1/PC crossbuys are going to be digital only like Quantum Break was or if they'll also include a PC copy with physical?

#14943 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1719 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:18 PM

i would say just think how pc games work

well said.

i think future games will be able to tell what hardware you are using and have pre-selected settings the console will tell it to run at.  just like pc games, but we won't be able to choose the settigns ourselves. so everyone will get the same game but some will just see better graphics than others.

#14944 RiPPn  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

I missed the press conference. Did they mention if these XB1/PC crossbuys are going to be digital only like Quantum Break was or if they'll also include a PC copy with physical?

Digital only.

#14945 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Have to wonder though if Sony decided not to talk about Neo at E3 because they may have gotten wind of what MS was planning. So now they'll go back to the drawing board and try to one up MS.

Possibly but their rumours already stated the console runs at 4.5 Tflops. And the company bleeds money, with only the Playstation brand being profitable, so I can't see the specs changing too much unless they're willing to sell for $800+

#14946 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3272 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

Possibly but their rumours already stated the console runs at 4.5 Tflops. And the company bleeds money, with only the Playstation brand being profitable, so I can't see the specs changing too much unless they're willing to sell for $800+

I think both companies would like to avoid a new console like the plague for as long as possible.  Both companies are selling plenty of units despite what some would have you believe about Microsoft.  Sure, Microsoft wants to sell more, but not at some huge gamble.  It wouldn't surprise me if both companies were just waiting for the other to blink at E3 and Sony announced they're not talking so Microsoft toned down their specific plans and announcements.

#14947 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1719 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

This would be the main reason I would buy one, but I don't see anything that concretely confirms that it plays 4k Blu-rays.  The wording is a little too hazy at this point.  "Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Instant Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-rayTM movies in stunning visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.2"

Does "Ultra" actually mean 4k Blu-ray?  It wouldn't shock me if this streams 4k but only plays regular Blu-ray.

4k and Ultra HD (UHD) are the same resolution. they are trademarked marketing terms that mean the same thing in terms of resolution.

#14948 sp0rklez  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

I hope with the announcement of the Xbox One Slim, that prices of the current one will drop. I don't wanna be left behind any more than I already am  :cry:

#14949 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Halo Wars 2 has a Digital Deluxe version, $79.99 - includes Season Pass.

http://store.xbox.co...9d-25c1e6edbb67

Also supposedly comes with Halo Wars 1 remaster. Don't know if the standard comes with that.

#14950 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8009 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

So now we wait and see if we get a decent sale tonight for E3....but not hopeful.

#14951 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

I hope with the announcement of the Xbox One Slim, that prices of the current one will drop. I don't wanna be left behind any more than I already am  :cry:

Wouldn't really make sense to sell the old xbox one's for the same price as the slims but who knows, might not get much of a reduction. Or you could be lucky like some to find one at walmart for $200.

#14952 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

I think MS nailed the press conference...

... except for the lack of BC titles. Was really disappointing not hear any new BC titles. 

My wallet is gonna be wrecked this holiday.

#14953 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

So the new Slim model only comes in white? Would teally kill my all black console setup, even had to trade a white Wii U for a black one cause I couldnt stand the mismatch LOL... I guess I can wait for another model

#14954 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

So the new Slim model only comes in white? 

Trump approves.

#14955 Tony208   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

isn't there a xbox live sale usually around e3?

#14956 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3773 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:47 PM

I think MS nailed the press conference...

... except for the lack of BC titles. Was really disappointing not hear any new BC titles. 

My wallet is gonna be wrecked this holiday.

BC was last years "key feature" and you dont want to mention anything again, since that may appear to be a one-trick-pony thing. They will have plenty of opportunity during the week to add marketing glitter to their presentation; and, BC titles will give them that.

#14957 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

BC was last years "key feature" and you dont want to mention anything again, since that may appear to be a one-trick-pony thing. They will have plenty of opportunity during the week to add marketing glitter to their presentation; and, BC titles will give them that.

Agreed, and hope you are right! Bring on the Red Deads!

#14958 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67505 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

They did drop them to $299 last week.

This would be the main reason I would buy one, but I don't see anything that concretely confirms that it plays 4k Blu-rays.  The wording is a little too hazy at this point.  "Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Instant Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-rayTM movies in stunning visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.2"

Does "Ultra" actually mean 4k Blu-ray?  It wouldn't shock me if this streams 4k but only plays regular Blu-ray.

"You’ll now be able to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video."

http://news.xbox.com...ily-xbox-one-s/

It'll play 4K UltraHD Blu-rays like these.

#14959 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

isn't there a xbox live sale usually around e3?

They are xbox live sales every week!*

*it's usually shit, but they still call it a "sale"!

#14960 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5754 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

Good briefing. I'm celebrating by going out and grabbing four wieners and a big gulp.

When I first read this post, I got a different picture in my head than a trip to 7-11.

#14961 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9672 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

well. I guessed right.  200$ for the gears controller. Up on MS store.  Got me one!

What they SHOULD have done was price this new controller at $150 and drop the regular one to $125...

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a console bundle for GoW4 that includes the Deluxe Edition of the game + this controller + a cool looking console (red slim?) for $500.

#14962 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

"You’ll now be able to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video."

I wouldn't read that to be that it plays UHD Blu-Rays.

The only UHD Blu-Ray player out there right now is the Samsung UBD-K8500 @ $399.99.  I don't think the new XB1 S has a UHD BD drive in it, just the ability to play 4K streaming content from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and the like.  Putting a UHD Blu-Ray drive in there would have the new system selling at a PS3-launch window loss, which I can't see this sytem doing. 

#14963 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3272 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

Yes, but this is poor (or at least dubious) grammar for a technical product or for introducing technical specs.  This should say, "You’ll now be able to watch 4k Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video." 

I've seen other info that seems to confirm 4k Blu-ray (but nothing truly official), but I think you're right and they would be foolish to be this ambiguous on something they should know would draw interest, but there are several blu-ray players on the market that have been marketing themselves as 4k devices but don't actually play 4k blu-rays.  They do tend to use the terminology "4k Upscaling" which MS is not using here.

#14964 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3272 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

I wouldn't read that to be that it plays UHD Blu-Rays.

The only UHD Blu-Ray player out there right now is the Samsung UBD-K8500 @ $399.99.  I don't think the new XB1 S has a UHD BD drive in it, just the ability to play 4K streaming content from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and the like.  Putting a UHD Blu-Ray drive in there would have the new system selling at a PS3-launch window loss, which I can't see this sytem doing. 

That player is $399 because it's the only one on the market.  I'm sure it will go down soon enough.  That being said, you have a good point.  There is another section of MS's site that says it plays UHD Blu-ray.  Is this the same thing as 4k?  I know it's colloquially the same to many, but technically it may not mean 4k.

#14965 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

What they SHOULD have done was price this new controller at $150 and drop the regular one to $125...

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a console bundle for GoW4 that includes the Deluxe Edition of the game + this controller + a cool looking console (red slim?) for $500.

Be cool, it can sit next to my gow3 console.

#14966 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

That player is $399 because it's the only one on the market.  I'm sure it will go down soon enough.  That being said, you have a good point.  There is another section of MS's site that says it plays UHD Blu-ray.  Is this the same thing as 4k?  I know it's colloquially the same to many, but technically it may not mean 4k.

UHD BD = 4K Blu-Ray

8RZ2lYH.jpg

Ignore the typo about the controller coming separately.  Found this on another site about the XB1 S, where it mentions "4K streaming with select apps".   Here on the Xbox.com site, it mentions UHD Blu-Ray:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s

So, right now, until someone gets one in-hand and sticks a UHD BD in it, we'll be guessing. 

To further muddle things:

https://www.engadget...-s-vs-xbox-one/

Another source saying it's 4K UHD BD. 

#14967 kcobra22  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

Found this on another site about the XB1 S, where it mentions "4K streaming with select apps".   Here on the Xbox.com site, it mentions UHD Blu-Ray:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s

So, right now, until someone gets one in-hand and sticks a UHD BD in it, we'll be guessing. 

http://news.xbox.com...ing-news-recap/

The 40 percent smaller console has an internal power supply and supports 4K Ultra HD for Blu-ray movies and content streamed from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video.

#14968 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49869 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:36 PM

http://news.xbox.com...ing-news-recap/

The 40 percent smaller console has an internal power supply and supports 4K Ultra HD for Blu-ray movies and content streamed from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video.

If it is a 4K UHD BD drive in there, it'll be like the PS3 all over again being the cheapest point of entry for a new media format as they did with BD. 

#14969 Donken   President CAGiversary!   3223 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

No Ubisoft talk going on in here?

#14970 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

Several South Park: Fractured But Whole SKUs. Can't confirm if the Stick of Truth XB1 for free is via BC or a port...

Gold $99 - includes Season Pass, $100

http://shop.ubi.com/...ok-Gold-Edition

Gold CE - includes Season Pass and figure replica, $130

http://shop.ubi.com/...rs-Edition-Gold

CE - includes figure replica and lithographs, $100

http://shop.ubi.com/...lectors-Edition

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, XBLA, Games on Demand