Super Mario 3D World(Used) - $29.99 @ Gamestop

Out of all the Super Mario games I've played (pretty much every one), I rank this at #3, just below Galaxy 2 (#2) and World (#1). Once I started 3D World, I couldn't stop until I finished every single level (including the infamously difficult secret final one).

All in all, it's worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of all the Super Mario games I've played (pretty much every one), I rank this at #3, just below Galaxy 2 (#2) and World (#1). Once I started 3D World, I couldn't stop until I finished every single level (including the infamously difficult secret final one).

Is the secret final level the one that only unlocks after you have finished every stage with every character? If it's anything like the final secret stage in Galaxy 2 I may need to hunker down and power through to unlock that

Is the secret final level the one that only unlocks after you have finished every stage with every character? If it's anything like the final secret stage in Galaxy 2 I may need to hunker down and power through to unlock that
I don't think so--I think you have to get every green star and gold pole (end each level by touching the top of the goal pole) to unlock the level. IIRC, you finish every level with every character to get all of the stamps, which aren't needed to unlock the secret final level.

You are right, it is worth every penny. I recently started playing again to unlock world crown and I've attempted champion road 100's of times and have finally gotten past the disappearing blocks a couple of times. I can then get to the swinging armor things and I died. This is playing as Mario I've tried others and it seems Mario is my favorite. Kudos to you my friend for completing it any tips for it or the stage that has 30 stars because in it I got to the place where you get the cat suit and have to climb over a couple of walls but no way seems to be enough time.

Does this have drop in/drop out co-op? I'd be playing with me and another person but would like to add players 3+4 for the flagpole so I don't have to play through it 3 times for a 5-star profile.

You are right, it is worth every penny. I recently started playing again to unlock world crown and I've attempted champion road 100's of times and have finally gotten past the disappearing blocks a couple of times. I can then get to the swinging armor things and I died. This is playing as Mario I've tried others and it seems Mario is my favorite. Kudos to you my friend for completing it any tips for it or the stage that has 30 stars because in it I got to the place where you get the cat suit and have to climb over a couple of walls but no way seems to be enough time.
Ah, that was its name--Champion Road.

The only tip I can think of is this: Use Peach. Seriously. Her hover ability is a lifesaver. I can't actually remember if I used anyone other than her while I soloed the game.

Definitely bought this last Tuesday for $36(PUR) as part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal and haven't got around to playing it yet. I don't like you at the moment Gamestop. 

[quote name="justadude" post="13140334" timestamp="1452093771"]You were able to use two promo codes?[/quote]
I'm having trouble stacking those two promo codes

I had this to play with my kid brother when it came out and I remember it drove me crazy. Now that he is a bit older I am tempted to pick this back up again. Just wish I could pair that price with a B2G1

*Edit*

Just realized that the B2G1 free Rewards offer is still active.. hmm

Decided to just snag it in store by itself then and use a $15 cert... and of course there aren't any available by me. Lame. I hate that these stupid Reward Certs can only be used in store. : /

If you're using PUR Pro, SAVER, and CAG16, a good filler item is the Super Mario Maker Ornament 4-pack for $2.97. You can return them if you don't want them. I actually already have the ornaments and they're kind of generic looking, but an OK pickup for $3.

Ugh cashed in for a $25 rewards certificate and find out I can't use it online. And my home store doesn't have it in stock. Not a good start for my cheapass new year. Hopefully the other gamestop has a copy Friday when I head out there.

I had just bought Scribblenauts Unlimited used at GS the other day and so I brought it back returned it and then rebought it with Mario 3D World and Black Ops III (which is on sale used at the moment for $38). I used a $15 Cert and the B2G1 promo and then factoring out the $20 I had already spent on Scribblenauts I only spent $31.50 out of pocket. And then Best Buy will be taking that copy of Black Ops III tomorrow for $29.50 and so I pretty much got Super Mario 3D World for $2!

Thanks OP : )

Great price, not sure if I want repurchase or not. The game seemed a tad too easy (except for the last few levels which were great).

Just make sure you test the heck outta of this game if youre buying it used from Gamestop.  I'd say 50% of the used Wii U games I've received from the website do not work.

Just make sure you test the heck outta of this game if youre buying it used from Gamestop. I'd say 50% of the used Wii U games I've received from the website do not work.
Never purchased a used Wii U game online from them so now I'm worried. Luckily, I will be testing the heck out of it as I plan to 5-star my profile like ever other Mario release of late.

Never purchased a used Wii U game online from them so now I'm worried. Luckily, I will be testing the heck out of it as I plan to 5-star my profile like ever other Mario release of late.
Most of them pass the "eye test" but the system won't read them. I think it's how the disks react to the GS disk "fixing" machines, due to them being special disks. It's not just GS. AWD used Wii U games are the same.

I think the odds are worse from online vs. in-store because many of the games sold online were ones that had to be "fixed." I'd say about 15% of the in-store ones don't work.

Most of them pass the "eye test" but the system won't read them. I think it's how the disks react to the GS disk "fixing" machines, due to them being special disks. It's not just GS. AWD used Wii U games are the same.

I think the odds are worse from online vs. in-store because many of the games sold online were ones that had to be "fixed." I'd say about 15% of the in-store ones don't work.
I ran into this issue before with an in-store copy of Super Mario 3D world over the summer. At least that explains why it wouldn't work. My Wii U wouldn't even recognize it as a game disc. Good to know a reason :) The exchange copy I got has worked just fine.

1465121_1033011973407808_8396609664028261256_n.jpg

What's better than a Rosalina amiibo? Playing giant Rosalina in Super Mario 3d World that's what!

There's also a Shop youR wAy rewards promo where it you spend $15 at gamestop you get $15 in SYWR points back. I know some people had issues with the $25 BestBuy one, but I got my points no problem, so I decided to try it again with SM3D World yesterday

There's also a Shop youR wAy rewards promo where it you spend $15 at gamestop you get $15 in SYWR points back. I know some people had issues with the $25 BestBuy one, but I got my points no problem, so I decided to try it again with SM3D World yesterday
Is there a link to this? I spent $68 in store at GS yesterday...wondering if that would count.

http://www.syweverywhere.com/?sid=Ssx20151116xBrand_Search_Exact_SYWBrand_SYWRewards&gclid=Cj0KEQiAn8i0BRDur-HV1PCTy4UBEiQAPuFr9PDs0pa0d9oh2Vwh9qUh4LvNKeEf5FBt3eaoISwvkYAaAkcN8P8HAQ

And I don't think it will count. You have to go through their site for it to register. Of note. The points can only be used on their site or, Kmart, and Sears I believe and take a while to appear (like over a month)
Ah okay, thanks. Will have to see if an online deal pops up in the next few days.

Just make sure you test the heck outta of this game if youre buying it used from Gamestop. I'd say 50% of the used Wii U games I've received from the website do not work.
I had that happen with a used copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Fortunately, when I took it to the store to exchange it, they gave me another "used" cooy, that was actually a still sealed new one but they must've been converted to a used sku

Is this game out of print or something?

Called a GS right when they opened and they had one, asked them to put it on hold for me. I drove over to pick it up, and they said I called at the right time as 4 other people called right after me asking for it.

I'm also thinking it might be all the people that bought Wii U's for christmas.

It's weird how GS doesn't have the game new to purchase, though.

Glad GS had the extended return policy for the holiday season. Exchanged one of my B2G1 games from last month for this and paid nothing out of pocket.

Called a GS right when they opened and they had one, asked them to put it on hold for me. I drove over to pick it up, and they said I called at the right time as 4 other people called right after me asking for it.

Could be. Its also no longer the free game in the bundles.

Given Nintendo is essentially abandoning the Wii U (look at that release schedule - oy), I doubt the Big N is at all interested in printing more inventory for a console that is "dead" in the minds of most gamers.

I'm still looking forward to Zelda (not TP, don't care at all to replay that), Star Fox Zero, and Fire Emblem X SMT. And maybe, just maybe, Nintendo will still publish Fatal Frame Five - though I know that last one is never happening.

Took those dollars for Fatal Frame V and instead imported FF4 :)

1762_1041746222534383_7108582882510643482_n.jpg

Champions road was the most difficult thing I ever have done I believe. Today I was determined to get through it and done it as not only Mario but Peach as well. Probably took me 10 hours and 1,000 attempts but the satisfaction at the end was overwhelming. This is one of my favorite games and the prettiest tightest video game I've ever played period. Well worth $60.

Got my copy and its flawless, game plays with no issues as well

I wonder if this is a case of them gutting new copies to sell used. Either way, I m happy

Also got my copy in the mail yesterday, with the actual case and disc in perfect condition.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal guys! :)

Mine came today in flawless condition. It was a trade-in, because it was the one that was packed in the system bundle

Got my copy and its flawless, game plays with no issues as well

I wonder if this is a case of them gutting new copies to sell used. Either way, I m happy
If it says "not for resale" in small letters on back it was a trade-in

Grabbed one in store since it was sold out online. Case has a messed up spot but cover art/insert/game all look perfect. Wish I had grabbed it online but I wasn't planning on owning a Wii U till this morning.

Grabbed one in store since it was sold out online. Case has a messed up spot but cover art/insert/game all look perfect. Wish I had grabbed it online but I wasn't planning on owning a Wii U till this morning.
today was my first chance, saw it was sold out online so I tried putting copies on hold in my area. most of the stores in my area have messed up inventories

Yea not sure if its normal or not but the website has had a listing for cubic ninja at my local store for at least a week yet they don't have it.

I have read some stuff about GS being a mecha for bad Wii U discs. Is it just the discs they refurb or what? I ask because I probably won't have my Wii U before the 7 day return period expires. Disc looks perfect though.

bread's done
Back