* * * * * 1 votes

The Last of Us (PS3) Pre-Owned $6.88 @ Wal-Mart.com

the last of us wal mart ps3 pre owned games

#1 musicman65000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

musicman65000

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

If you haven't already scooped it up, Wal-mart has :ps3: The Last of Us for $6.88. Enjoy! :shock:

http://www.walmart.c...-Owned/35610467

Also found another pre-owned post for  :ps3: The Last of Us. This one is going for $6.96. :D/

http://www.walmart.c...ed-PS3/49057386

#2 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4147 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

If you haven't played this game by now you should. One of my top PS3 games for sure.

#3 twick87  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Haven't heard of this one. Is it any good?

#4 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

Still waiting on a PS4 physical copy to go below $20. I have never seen a game this old retain its price like this before. 

#5 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Still waiting on a PS4 physical copy to go below $20. I have never seen a game this old retain its price like this before.

This happens all the time with Nintendo games.

#6 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

Same here.  I refuse to pay more than $15 for it.  I can't believe how long it has held its price considering they were giving it away with consoles not too long ago.

#7 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

Same here.  I refuse to pay more than $15 for it.  I can't believe how long it has held its price considering they were giving it away with consoles not too long ago.

I bought a physical copy of it in December 2014 for $15.  The market was flooded with cheap digital codes, which brought down the physical price as well.  Same thing has currently happened to Super Mario 3D World, but instead of the market being flooded with codes a lot of Wii U owners already have it because it was the main pack-in game for about a year.

That being said, great games usually hold their value in the long-term.  You have to act when the price is low because it won't stay there for forever.  Wii Sports used to be a dirt cheap game.  Now that Nintendo is no longer giving them out like candy, they've gone up in price close to $20 each.  Only place to find them cheaply are thrift stores and private sales.

#8 david12795  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

i was able to get the ps4 pre owned copy around nov for ~$16.88. i dont think they sell those anymore, according to the website. 

#9 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

considering they were giving it away with consoles not too long ago.

I blame the fact those were digital codes and not physical. I think the supply of disks are now lowish cause of that

#10 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

thanks musicman, even tho I have this on PS4 I'm considering picking up a hard copy on PS3 as well. This is cheap enough the double-dip is guilt-free!

#11 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:32 PM

That being said, great games usually hold their value in the long-term.  

This is simply not true. 

#12 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

It is crazy though how that flood of digital copies caused the price to sink. I purchased a digital code for around $10 during those times. Now they are fetching close to $30

#13 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

This is simply not true.

Does GTA V ring a bell?

#14 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

Does GTA V ring a bell?

No because GTA V came out well after TLoU so it is a more recent game. Over the holidays it could of been had for about $28. And even if we put both games on the same boat, those are both exceptions not the rule. Great games don't "usually" hold their value. For every great game you can name there are 20 that go down in price steadily and are usually less than half their retail price after about a year, if not sooner.

#15 Ipman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

got the remastered digital download for $17 flat on ebay, sometimes it surfaces around that price, its a great deal if you dont mind not owning the physical disc

#16 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

No because GTA V came out well after TLoU so it is a more recent game. Over the holidays it could of been had for about $28. And even if we put both games on the same boat, those are both exceptions not the rule. Great games don't "usually" hold their value. For every great game you can name there are 20 that go down in price steadily and are usually less than half their retail price after about a year, if not sooner.

I'm not reading that but okay lol

#17 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:54 PM

They were giving away digital copies. Those tanked in value. Anyone that wanted one could pick it up for $10.

#18 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

I'm not reading that but okay lol

Haha. I hear you, I am the same way. Same reason why I rarely play games that aren't voice acted. A.D.D. runs strong in me.

#19 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

They actually came out less than 4 months apart for the PS4 versions of each and 3 months apart for the PS3 versions.  3 months and 4 months are not "well after."

I also said long-term.  1 year is not long-term.

You really have a hard time telling time, huh?

#20 Rowdyreptile  

Rowdyreptile

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

I've never purchased a Walmart used game, I'd be doing the pick up in store option. What kind of condition should I expect?

#21 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

I love this game.  This is on my top five list of all time.  I still play the MP on my PS4 to this day.  Digital copy made sense to me since I'm at level 300+ right now O.O

Great deal on the PS3 but way smoother on the PS4 though. 

#22 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

They actually came out less than 4 months apart for the PS4 versions of each and 3 months apart for the PS3 versions.  3 months and 4 months are not "well after."

I also said long-term.  1 year is not long-term.

You really have a hard time telling time, huh?

So now that TLoU has been out on the PS4 for 2.5 years that is considered "long-term"? Ok, so tell me what other great games that have been out 2.5 years on PS4/XB1 that currently retail for $49.99 or higher like the TLoU? Your answer is not more than 1. So great games don't "usually" hold their price by your own definition of "long-term". 

#23 Fuzzy_Lumpkiiins  

Fuzzy_Lumpkiiins

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Thanks cuzzo, in for one. Had it on my ps4 awhile back but never got to finish it before I sold my psquad.

#24 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

So now that TLoU has been out on the PS4 for 2.5 years that is considered "long-term"? Ok, so tell me what other great games that have been out 2.5 years on PS4/XB1 that currently retail for $49.99 or higher like the TLoU? Your answer is not more than 1. So great games don't "usually" hold their price by your own definition of "long-term". 

It's actually been out for less than 1.5 years.  There also haven't been that many great games on the PS4 yet.  Those that have been released, are still sold at retail outlets for $50 or $60.  

Further, when someone says "hold their value" when referring to a video game, or any other consumer item like a car, they don't mean they sell for their original released, brand new  price or more many years into the future. They mean that you won't find the used version of the items for dirt cheap because they retain some of their value.  You won't usually find the best games for a 10 year old system selling for bottomed-out $.01 + $3.99 shipping on Amazon.  There are of course some, but a majority cost more.

You continue to be more the wrong the more you type.  Maybe you should stop.

#25 musicman65000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

musicman65000

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:07 PM

thanks musicman, even tho I have this on PS4 I'm considering picking up a hard copy on PS3 as well. This is cheap enough the double-dip is guilt-free!

It's my pleasure! Glad to serve!

#26 musicman65000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

musicman65000

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

I've never purchased a Walmart used game, I'd be doing the pick up in store option. What kind of condition should I expect?

My experience has been pretty positive with Walmart's pre-owned. The discs have looked like new when they arrived and mostly all of the games came with cover art and manual. (1-2 games didn't have the manual, but I prefer mine complete) The only thing you might not like is that they stick a preowned sticker on the box case. If you are alright with that, you can purchase with confidence! Anyone else have a different experience with Walmart's preowned?

#27 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1584 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

It's actually been out for less than 1.5 years.  There also haven't been that many great games on the PS4 yet.  Those that have been released, are still sold at retail outlets for $50 or $60.  

Further, when someone says "hold their value" when referring to a video game, or any other consumer item like a car, they don't mean they sell for their original released, brand new  price or more many years into the future. They mean that you won't find the used version of the items for dirt cheap because they retain some of their value.  You won't usually find the best games for a 10 year old system selling for bottomed-out $.01 + $3.99 shipping on Amazon.  There are of course some, but a majority cost more.

You continue to be more the wrong the more you type.  Maybe you should stop.

Right it was out for 2.5 years in total, 1.5 on the PS4, my bad.

Nobody is claiming that TLoU should be $5 dollars or less right now as you put it. Also you are talking about games that are 10+ years old above and equating it to a game that is 1.5 years old?

My point is, there are rarely any games released that are now 1.5 years old (or older if it is still in print) that are hovering around the original retail price, like TLoU. This holds true for this generation or last generation. Last generation, after a great game has been out for 1.5 years, again, rarely got only a $10 discount from original retail price. It was almost always at least half price or something like that, if not much lower.

The fact that you think that great games usually retain their price the way TLoU is retaining it's price (1.5 years after release and only a $10 discount from an original price of $60) is absolutely wrong. Rarely a game that has been out and that is still being printed retains their price like TLoU. That game is an extreme exception, not the "usual" great game example. You can try to mince words and insult me all you want, it ain't changing the facts.

#28 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

Right it was out for 2.5 years in total, 1.5 on the PS4, my bad.

Nobody is claiming that TLoU should be $5 dollars or less right now as you put it. Also you are talking about games that are 10+ years old above and equating it to a game that is 1.5 years old?

My point is, there are rarely any games released that are now 1.5 years old (or older if it is still in print) that are hovering around the original retail price, like TLoU. This holds true for this generation or last generation. Last generation, after a great game has been out for 1.5 years, again, rarely got only a $10 discount from original retail price. It was almost always at least half price or something like that, if not much lower.

The fact that you think that great games usually retain their price the way TLoU is retaining it's price (1.5 years after release and only a $10 discount from an original price of $60) is absolutely wrong. Rarely a game that has been out and that is still being printed retains their price like TLoU. That game is an extreme exception, not the "usual" great game example. You can try to mince words and insult me all you want, it ain't changing the facts.

No, you're still wrong.  The truly great games still usually retain that high price even 1.5 years out or until a GOTY edition comes out.  I'm talking MSRP, sticker price on the shelf at a retail store like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.  I don't know what half-off games you're talking about.  Maybe you're referring to time-limited sales or the eventual clearance when it's old enough to be removed from retail.

#29 zekana  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

i saw this price for last of us a week or 2 ago but you know what, everyone's reaction to the game made me go for it.  i also went ahead and got Borderlands 2 for $2 cause hey, its $2, why not?

http://www.walmart.c...-Owned/30950144

#30 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4081 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

i saw this price for last of us a week or 2 ago but you know what, everyone's reaction to the game made me go for it.  i also went ahead and got Borderlands 2 for $2 cause hey, its $2, why not?

http://www.walmart.c...-Owned/30950144

last of us is a great game and the reason to get a ps3 along with RPG.