Alien Quadrilogy BluRay $15 Amazon/Best Buy

How is this one remastered? Is the anthology not remastered too?? Either way I bought anthology for 30 ages ago and regret nothing

Someone else would know better but afaik, this is the first four discs from the six disc set. So you lose out on the special features, but you get the different cuts of the movies and commentary tracks, same mastering, I think. To me, I barely have enough time to watch the main features so paying double for two, admittedly amazing looking, discs of extras I'll probably never watch didn't make sense. Again, someone else will correct me if I'm wrong on the details here. It's annoying how confusing companies have to make this shit. Just put the stuff out and stop making seven different versions of every damn thing.

Quadrilogy is the same set as the Anthology minus the bonus discs. Personally I would go with the Anthology as the bonus discs are fantastic, especially if you're a fan of the first two films in the series. The Anthology goes on sale all the time so if you're on the fence, wait for another Anthology sale.

Quadrilogy is the same set as the Anthology minus the bonus discs. Personally I would go with the Anthology as the bonus discs are fantastic, especially if you're a fan of the first two films in the series.
I would second this. I own both sets. The Anthology has way better packaging, and the bonus disc is well worth it, with lots of desirable content for fans. And the anthology set is usually available for peanuts. I think I saw it at Best Buy yesterday for just 19.99.

I'm a pretty hard-core xenomorph fan, and have all of the major commercial releases on Blu-ray. (and dvd, and vhs, and even Laserdisc)

bread's done
Back