* * * * * 2 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Pokemon 20th Anniversary Edition $199.99 @ Best Buy / GameStop

#361 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

I think I saw from a website posted awhile ago by another CAG about Pikachu with different outfits on his head? Was hoping for those

This is a Walmart exclusive

pikachu_pokepuff_winking.jpg

This is the GameStop exclusive, the one I posted is a Walgreens exclusive

0023_8in_plush_pikachu2.jpg

This is is a Toys R Us exclusive

0022_8in_plush_pikachu.jpg

#362 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2621 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Winking Pikachu is hilarious and adorable

#363 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

Crossing my fingers I'll be able to find someone who'd want to swap their blastoise or charizard plates for my HHD plates. Seems doubtful at best.

#364 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

http://www.gamestop....ch-plush/116174

is this the one? How are we able to locate in store?

#365 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:50 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=161788311567

Anyone know if they going to release this and the others here?

#366 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

How to get pikachu

#367 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:33 AM

Was able to buy a Mew and Pikachu and passed on both. For the premium over the normal ones the material is this terrible feeling stuff and they didn't look that great.

#368 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

Any chance there is gonna be more XL plates made? or are these the only one?

#369 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

Any chance there is gonna be more XL plates made? or are these the only one?

XL plates? I'm guessing you mean N3DS cover plates. They keep coming out with new ones.... Just not in the US :/

#370 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

XL plates? I'm guessing you mean N3DS cover plates. They keep coming out with new ones.... Just not in the US :/

I meant specially for the N3DS XL? i know the regular one has cover plates. 

#371 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

they should release a 3 pack or something like they did with the gameboy micro

#372 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

The XL does not have cover plates.

#373 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:20 AM

The XL doesn't have cover plates. Cover plates are only for the regular model, not the XL model.

#374 Slader166  

Slader166

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

Was able to buy a Mew and Pikachu and passed on both. For the premium over the normal ones the material is this terrible feeling stuff and they didn't look that great.

Yup, same here. The material looks like some kind of shiny velvet, not really my style.

#375 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:03 AM

Just realized that this was the not a XL version but its just the regular one. My mistake, lol. With that said how hard would be to get used the smaller screen coming from a XL?

#376 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

Just realized that this was the not a XL version but its just the regular one. My mistake, lol. With that said how hard would be to get used the smaller screen coming from a XL?

I know these images are basically useless since they're not on scale but it at least gives an idea:

WP4hbdG.jpg

I went from an XL to a 2DS for a while and didn't have any issue and generally preferred the smaller overall size. Most of us probably hold the thing way too close to our faces anyway and the XL has always been just a bit too big for my tastes.  So it's preference like most things.

#377 causeidfwy  

causeidfwy

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

Does the white color get dirty easily? Anyone with a white 3ds have issues?

#378 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

Finally went to preorder it for shipping last night to use some credit I have with Best Buy and...it's sold out.  Again.  Ugh.  I was going to do it two days ago and it was still up then but didn't have the time.  Hoping it will go back up soon...

#379 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36940 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

Shows as 117326

I can take a pic of the receipt if you want as well.

----------------

Also if anyone wants either Mew or Pikachu, I can try and see if I can get my hands on them tomorrow. They only had three, 2 Mews (one which I bought) and one Pikachu. Just pay cost + shipping and I'll send them out.

Thanks--I actually found a Mew plush at a Gamestop I visited last night. The Pikachu plush didn't interest me very much, so I passed on it.

#380 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

It's annoying the mew distribution event ends before this console releases, requiring an extra trip to gs

#381 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:15 AM

for those in the us that want the crystal blue 2ds.

http://www.ebay.com/...HEAAOSwJcZWesu9

#382 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:52 PM

The white new 3ds just looks so good but I simply want one with plain white faceplates since I don't want to look like a 3rd grader while playing with my sophisticated 3d machine.

#383 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:18 PM

^^^Just import the Pearl White 3ds XL from Play Asia.

#384 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11310 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

^^^Just import the Pearl White 3ds XL from Play Asia.

Then you can only play JP games. Because lolnintendo

#385 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

Then you can only play JP games. Because lolnintendo

Nope it is North America compatible, it is from the UAE, so the American games and Eshop will work just like the metallic blue one they had. Here is a link to it:
http://m.play-asia.c...white/13/709h8d

#386 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

Nope it is North America compatible, it is from the UAE, so the American games and Eshop will work just like the metallic blue one they had. Here is a link to it:
http://m.play-asia.c...white/13/709h8d

I know importing isn't ever cheap and the solid white isn't offered here but that is a ton of money when you can get a new 3ds xl for $170 without much trouble. 

#387 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

I know importing isn't ever cheap and the solid white isn't offered here but that is a ton of money when you can get a new 3ds xl for $170 without much trouble.

I know it is not something I would do, but I was just giving another option for anyone who would want an all white option.

#388 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:09 AM

I appreciate the info and links to importing an all white one but cost is a big factor to me especially since it's something I have no need for and seeing how the NX will be coming out as well as the Sony VR headset (don't know if either will interest me just have to wait and see) nintendo I think will release an all white standard one here in the states sooner or later & if they are too foolish to do so then I definitely won't lose any sleep over it. It's just up to them if they want my $$$ or not. I'll never go out of my way to import something that should be here to begin with.

#389 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

I just got an email from The Pokemon Company mentioning the bundle, or bundles as they put it, that are coming soon. I'm starting to think that there will be two separate game bundles. One for red and the other for blue.

The email states: "Check out the limited-edition New Nintendo 3ds bundles that come with Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue pre-installed!"

A few key words bundles" and "or" as in we have to choose between the two.

I could be wrong but I wonder why they would word or this way otherwise. The preorder sites make it seem that you get both games.

Edit: the email was from the Pokemon Co. Not Nintendo.

#390 Author X   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Author X

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

I just got an email from Nintendo mentioning the bundle, or bundles as they put it, that are coming soon. I'm starting to think that there will be two separate game bundles. One for red and the other for blue.

The email states: "Check out the limited-edition New Nintendo 3ds bundles that come with Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue pre-installed!"

A few key words bundles" and "or" as in we have to choose between the two.

I could be wrong but I wonder why Nintendo would word or this way otherwise. The preorder sites make it seem that you get both games.

I got the same email but I'm going to assume that whoever wrote the email made a mistake, since the box art is clearly both, every other piece of information so far including the stores selling them has indicated one bundle with both games, and if you click on the email link, then click "Check it out" on the bundle, it has almost the same language but:

Check out the limited-edition New Nintendo 3DS bundles that come with Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue pre-installed!