* * * - - 2 votes

Amazon Prime Members get 20% off Games from Pre-orders and New Releases

#1 Jeff Jr.   My Pokemart won't price match :( CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:21 PM

Didn't see this posted.

Prime Members get 20% off New Releases and Pre-Orders till 2 weeks after releases Date. 

http://www.amazon.co...ode=13584215011

Prime Exclusive Savings 20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release Discount will be applied automatically at checkout Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders.

#2 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

:twoguns: at GCU

#3 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

Oh poor amazon, not a bad attempt but that two week limit on new releases is lame. Gcu owns this, especially since its easy to rack up reward zone coupons with gcu when the double points kick in

#4 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

Does it apply to digital versions?

#5 wiiups4  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Not overall better than GCU, but I love this because it does compete, and the best thing about it is it includes digital as well, unlike GCU. This is great. This doesn't seem temporary either. Getting UC4 digital, since I know I'll like the game, and it seems like it is not coming with $10 reward at bb

#6 Jeff Jr.   My Pokemart won't price match :( CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

Physical Only

#7 muelly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

Wonder if this applies to toy to game figures.

#8 wiiups4  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

It does! That's why I think it sort of competes with gcu. It doesn't say so in that fine print op pasted, but when you switch from physical to digital version on the game page, it still applies

#9 lusal   Not the fig plucker or the fig plucker's son... CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Wonder if this applies to toy to game figures.

Looks like it does.

#10 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

This is only for new releases and doesnt stack with sales. Its a start but they can add more to this

#11 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

Wow this came from out of nowhere. Hopefully it applies to all new releases. Amazon becomes my go to place for niche vita titles

#12 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

I don't have GCU, so this is a huge benefit for me.  Would be nice if benefits extended past two weeks, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Also stoked that it says it applies to current pre-orders.

#13 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:34 PM

$30 GCU - 2 Year Membership > $100 Amazon Prime - 1 Year Membership

Amazon at one point was super kind and offered $10 to even $20 reward certificates for pre-ordering games from them... The good ol' days. What happened?

#14 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Well at least now Gravity Rush Remastered being Amazon exclusive doesn't seem so bad. Guessing I'll have to cancel and re-order tho.

#15 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

Well at least now Gravity Rush Remastered being Amazon exclusive doesn't seem so bad. Guessing I'll have to cancel and re-order tho.

According to this:

"Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders."

#16 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6599 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

$30 GCU - 2 Year Membership > $100 Amazon Prime - 1 Year Membership

Amazon at one point was super kind and offered $10 to even $20 reward certificates for pre-ordering games from them... The good ol' days. What happened?

But no one is buying Prime exclusively for this 20% discount. It's essentially just an added bonus.

#17 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

Even with student discount for prime at $49 still not worth it to me

#18 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

The barrier of entry is what kills this for me. I currently have both Prime and GCU, but  while Prime is better overall, with games, I prefer GCU. Not only can I get 20% off right away for the next two years for just $30 (as opposed to $200 over the course of those same two years), but I can also go to the store and pick up the game right away instead of waiting for a delivery man to deliver it and possibly lose it or damage it in the mail.

#19 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

According to this:

hmm...none of my existing preorders reflect this yet, maybe it changes when it ships?

#20 Crisco_Disco878  

Crisco_Disco878

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Don't have GCU so I went ahead and bought MLB 16 for PS4, thanks OP

#21 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

hmm...none of my existing preorders reflect this yet, maybe it changes when it ships?

Neither of my two pre-orders have changed yet, either.  I'm guessing they'll handle it like they do adjustments with the pre-order price guarantee.

#22 diegoinsano  

diegoinsano

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

According to the Pre-order Price Guarantee link (http://z-ecx.images-...tee-final2.html), "The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24-48 hours of the price change."

#23 SPORK94  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

According to this:

Though it doesn't reflect in the order.....Since GR:R seems like a title that wont be scarce i'd just re-order it to be safe.

#24 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

One really positive thing about this is amazon doesnt charge until the item ships AND makes it super simple to change payment method / delivery address, so important thing to keep in mind as opposed to best buy. I know Ive been in situations where I had to change payment options due to credit card number changes.

#25 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

This is good news for everyone, there has always been a fear that Best Buy may start nerfing the GCU program but amazon implementing this means BBY will have to stay competitive.

If anything it ups the ante on Gamestop, they are total shit right now for pre orders and now both Amazon and Best Buy are way better.

#26 wiiups4  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Actually I was wrong, I just went through the process and it only (not sure why a discount was applied at all) took off 2 bucks for digital. It took of 12 for physical but addead 2.xx tax, and I usually don't get charged tax on Amazon? This is weak lol.

#27 alfaflyt   CAG CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Great bonus for those with prime, but doesn't make me want to sign up since I already have GCU. Good to have competition though.  

#28 Devulture   Scavenging the Earth CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Guess I'll just wait a day to see if my existing orders have price changes.

Anyway, I pre-ordered these:

- Dark Souls III: D1 Edition

- Dragon Quest VII [3DS]

- The Last Guardian

- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir Storybook Edition

I thought about reserving Dishonored 2 and Final Fantasy XV, but I rather wait for confirmations on them having special editions in the future.  Who knows if The Last Guardian will ever have a SE; probably not, though.  Same for the FFVII remake; just gonna wait on that.

#29 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

This is good news for everyone, there has always been a fear that Best Buy may start nerfing the GCU program but amazon implementing this means BBY will have to stay competitive.

If anything it ups the ante on Gamestop, they are total shit right now for pre orders and now both Amazon and Best Buy are way better.

problem is...Gamestop has never given a Fuck about competition. They know they are the easiest place to go buy video games and they consider themselves a 'specialty' store so I dont see them doing anything about this. Theyll still get all the casuals and soccer moms.

#30 wiiups4  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

problem is...Gamestop has never given a Fuck about competition. They know they are the easiest place to go buy video games and they consider themselves a 'specialty' store so I dont see them doing anything about this. Theyll still get all the casuals and soccer moms.

Unfortunately.