Need help buying pc parts for gaming pc

Nephilim_BC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hope this is the right place. Basically just need to be pointed to the best deal to buy what I need to build a good gaming pc. Using my income tax and im getting 1200 back so ill have a enough. Friend of mine will help me put it together. Any help is much appreciated.

pc part picker can help with both pricing and making sure you have the right components. The deals aren't always the best, slickdeals can have better deals.

Are you just going to be gaming on it?

The few things you should get would be a good gaming card, an ssd, and a mid/high end cpu. New graphics cards are coming out this summer so you may want to stick with either onboard graphics or a cheap card now. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Start here

I would suggest figure out what components you are gonna use and shop around for deals.

Lots of good information

For $1200 you should be able to build a more than capable system.

Get a SSD, and spend money on a good video card.

Do you have a preference for processor?  AMD or Intel?

What resolution do you want to be running at?

Any intention of overclocking?

Last edited by a moderator:
pc part picker can help with both pricing and making sure you have the right components. The deals aren't always the best, slickdeals can have better deals.

Are you just going to be gaming on it?

The few things you should get would be a good gaming card, an ssd, and a mid/high end cpu. New graphics cards are coming out this summer so you may want to stick with either onboard graphics or a cheap card now.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Yes, im just going to be gaming on it.

Start here

I would suggest figure out what components you are gonna use and shop around for deals.

Lots of good information

For $1200 you should be able to build a more than capable system.

Get a SSD, and spend money on a good video card.

Do you have a preference for processor? AMD or Intel?

What resolution do you want to be running at?

Any intention of overclocking?
1080p 60 frames is a must but if some pc games can run at 1440 or higher then id like that unless its too pricey. I already have a 1080p Asus monitor with low ms. I dont know the differences between the processors and I dont know what overclocking is lol sorry im a dummy.

Are you looking for us to build you a system through pc part picker? 

And you said you have a monitor. Do you have Windows? A mouse? A keyboard? 

Are you looking for us to build you a system through pc part picker?

And you said you have a monitor. Do you have Windows? A mouse? A keyboard?
If you want you can "build" it for me through that site using the budget I gave tho id like not to spend no more than $700. I have one Asus IPS 27' monitor and I have another Asus 23' all in one pc monitor. That has windows, mouse, keyboard. But im pretty sure for gaming ill probably buy another set.

If you want you can "build" it for me through that site using the budget I gave tho id like not to spend no more than $700. I have one Asus IPS 27' monitor and I have another Asus 23' all in one pc monitor. That has windows, mouse, keyboard. But im pretty sure for gaming ill probably buy another set.
Sorry I thought you were saying your budget was $1200, at $700 you can still put a solid system together but will need do a little more planning, especially since you also need an OS, mouse, and keyboard.

I would still get a SSD if for nothing else just your OS. I said before to spend money on a good video card, I think you will have to scale this back to get something that will just be good enough, to run at 1080p.

Also will likely have to look at AMD processors as they are cheaper.

Hope this helps

Here is a decent system

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

You still need to add a case and windows. But its $630 before that stuff. $700 is hard to build a good 1080p gaming system. But all of the components should be more than capable.
when I click that link there isnt a build shown.

Also, im slowly stocking up on Amazon credit, so even if something is a little more on Amazon id order there first just cause of the credit I have.

CPU: AMD FX - 6300                      $98

Motherboard:Gigabyte 970              $75

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8gb (2x4gb)     $30

Storage: Crucial MX200 250gb        $80

Western Digital blue 1tb       $50

Video Card: Gigabyte radeon 380x    $228

Power Supply:  Cosair 750 watt       $65

Still need windows and case. But a case can be got for like $30 bucks if you don't care about the looks. And windows can be either got for free (school or work) or around $100.

I went cheaper with the cpu since it isn't too smart to cheap out with a power supply. 8gb of ram is probably the least you would want (plus its cheap). The closest Intel for the price would be an i3 and that is a dual core compared to a six core. The ssd is big enough to put windows/programs and few games on it. Then the 1tb would be for storage. The 380x video card is probably the fastest video card you could get for the price. Maybe you could find a 290 for around that price. Which would be better. But new video cards are coming out this summer. So maybe check craigslist and find a cheap card and use that till this summer or if there is a deal on them before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back