HEADS UP - If you want a NEW last gen console for back-up or other wise, best to get one now

BigTime2Play

CAGiversary!
After playing a few games on my 360 and PS3, I was thinking to myself, what's the point of getting rid of these systems when there as so many good games that I still enjoy and have yet to play.  So I started looking at BestBuy.com for new last gen systems for possible future back-up (in case my current systems break down).  Low and behold, neither PS3 or 360 new systems are listed for shipping and there were none in my area for pick-up.

I looked at more stores and so far Walmart and Target appear to have good stock of 360's but no new PS3's.  Gamestop still has the 360 4gb to ship and other NEW systems are store pick-up.  Microsoft Store still has the 500GB Forza bundle in stock.

I just found it surprising to see how scarce the old gen systems are getting considering that PS2 was still available years after the PS3 and 360 came out.  Maybe stores will replenish stock 

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about getting a back-up, old gen system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found it surprising to see how scarce the old gen systems are getting considering that PS2 was still available years after the PS3 and 360 came out. Maybe stores will replenish stock

Well, think about it. The PS2 was the best-selling system of its generation, by more than a factor of 3. It's understandable that it would linger on store shelves a little longer than average. And on top of that, the PS3 launched about six years after the PS2. The gap between the PS3 and PS4 was considerably larger. This year in November is going to mark the ten-year anniversary of the PS3. A full decade since that system launched. And we celebrated the ten-year anniversary of the Xbox 360 last year.

And also, it actually has been two years since both the XOne and PS4 launched. This is about the right time for the previous-gen systems to start tapering off. I will start keeping an eye out for deals on the newer models of these systems. I like having at least one version of each major hardware revision in my collection.

Yeah last gen is close to running out. U haven't really touched my 360 or PS3 since. Though I do know I would like to eventually play some past games that I still have in my backlog. 

I got two PS3s.  One that is dying "the drive grinds when putting a disc in, but reads fine" and another that doesn't read discs at all.  Got lots of downloaded games on them.

bread's done
Back