* * * * * 1 votes

WalMart Trade In Deals 1/20-1/31

walmart tradein trade-in promos deals promo wal-mart trade in

#1 kempy   TheGoods CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

Title                                                                         Platform     WalmartPromo

Far Cry 4                                                                  XBX1            $          12.00

Far Cry 4                                                                  PS4               $          12.00

Grand Theft Auto V                                                  XBX1            $          27.00

Grand Theft Auto V                                                  PS4               $          27.00

Grand Theft Auto V                                                  PS3               $          17.00

Grand Theft Auto V                                                  X360             $          17.00

Witcher III: Wild Hunt                                                XBX1            $          20.00

Witcher III: Wild Hunt                                                PS4               $          20.00

Bladestorm: Nightmare                                             XBX1            $          20.00

Bladestorm: Nightmare                                             PS4               $          20.00

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain                    PS4               $          25.00

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain                    XBX1             $          25.00

Dying Light                                                               PS4               $          18.00

Dying Light                                                               XBX1            $          18.00

Batman: Arkham Knight                                           XBX1            $          18.00

Batman: Arkham Knight                                           PS4               $          18.00

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare                              PS4               $          10.00

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare                              XBX1            $          10.00

Call of Duty: Black Ops II                                        PS3               $          10.00

Call of Duty: Black Ops II                                        X360             $          10.00

Battlefield: Hardline                                                XBX1            $          10.00

Battlefield: Hardline                                                PS4               $          10.00

Assassin's Creed: Rogue                                       X360             $          10.00

Assassin's Creed: Rogue                                       PS3               $          10.00

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag                             PS4               $            6.00

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag                             XBX1            $            6.00

Dragon Age: Inquisition                                          XBX1            $          11.00

Dragon Age: Inquisition                                          PS4               $          11.00 

#2 SwannShady   CAG. CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwannShady

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

Question, when you do trade ins, do you bring them to customer service, or the electronics counter?

#3 Majin Stan   You have a little CAG left on your face CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Majin Stan

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Question, when you do trade ins, do you bring them to customer service, or the electronics counter?

Customer Service

#4 SwannShady   CAG. CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwannShady

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

Customer Service

nice, looks like i'm gonna trade in dying light and rouge

#5 fluffynumkins   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

fluffynumkins

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

nice, looks like i'm gonna trade in dying light and rouge

My store does them at electronics

#6 SwannShady   CAG. CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwannShady

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:19 PM

I guess i'll just ask when I get there lol

#7 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

It's in electronics.  Don't ask as they probably can't tell you themselves.

and don't bring anything that you can harm yourself with as you may start to think that would be less painful than the Walmart trade in process.

#8 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13591 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

Depends on the store.

#9 kempy   TheGoods CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:18 PM

Walmart Trade In Highlights - Trade In-Store or Online 

Trade In Online

Far Cry 4 XBX1 - $12.00

Far Cry 4 PS4 - $12.00

Grand Theft Auto V  XBX1 - $27.00          

Grand Theft Auto V  PS4 - $27.00

Grand Theft Auto V  PS3 - $17.00

Grand Theft Auto V  X360 - $17.00

Witcher III: Wild Hunt XBX1 - $20.00

Witcher III: Wild Hunt PS4 - $20.00

Bladestorm: Nightmare XBX1 - $20.00

Bladestorm: Nightmare PS4 - $20.00

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 - $25.00

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain XBX1 - $25.00

Dying Light PS4 - $18.00

Dying Light XBX1 - $18.00

Batman: Arkham Knight XBX1 - $18.00

Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 - $18.00

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PS4 - $10.00

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare XBX1 - $10.00

Call of Duty: Black Ops II PS3 - $10.00

Call of Duty: Black Ops II X360 - $10.00

Battlefield: Hardline XBX1 - $10.00

Battlefield: Hardline PS4 - $10.00

Assassin's Creed: Rogue X360 - $10.00

Assassin's Creed: Rogue PS3 - $10.00

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PS4 - $6.00

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag XBX1 - $6.00

Dragon Age: Inquisition XBX1 - $11.00

Dragon Age: Inquisition PS4 - $11.00 

#10 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

I went to customer service and they said they don't do trade ins, they even called the manager and he said the same thing. I went to the electronics section and there is a big sign that says Video Game trade ins here. I asked the guy do you do trade ins and he said the guy that does that is not here today, come back tomorrow or try another store. I went to another store and their system would not allow the guy to log on to do the trade in. I have a lot more respect for Gamestop and Best Buy (had problems at Target).

#11 SwannShady   CAG. CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwannShady

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

I went to customer service and they said they don't do trade ins, they even called the manager and he said the same thing. I went to the electronics section and there is a big sign that says Video Game trade ins here. I asked the guy do you do trade ins and he said the guy that does that is not here today, come back tomorrow or try another store. I went to another store and their system would not allow the guy to log on to do the trade in. I have a lot more respect for Gamestop and Best Buy (had problems at Target).

when was this?

Btw, I called my store earlier today and they said to bring them to electronics if anyone is wondering

#12 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

when was this?

Btw, I called my store earlier today and they said to bring them to electronics if anyone is wondering

Today, about an hour ago.

#13 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9936 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:34 PM

I basically had the same problem a while ago when trying to trade games in store. It was first and last time I tried to trade games in store and now just send everything to their online center where they process the items a lot faster than Amazon. I really wasn't expecting it to be easy to trade in store especially at that location because the whole store is run horribly.

#14 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

I basically had the same problem a while ago when trying to trade games in store. It was first and last time I tried to trade games in store and now just send everything to their online center where they process the items a lot faster than Amazon. I really wasn't expecting it to be easy to trade in store especially at that location because the whole store is run horribly.

Do they mail you a physical gift card or is it a e-Gift card?

#15 BrianJason  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

Do they mail you a physical gift card or is it a e-Gift card?

Egift

#16 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

I called another Walmart in my area and the guy said that the computers were working for trade ins. I went in and traded my Batman: AK. They gave me a e-Gift card instead of a physical gift card in-store, was hoping for a physical gift card. Call your Walmart before going down there and wasting your time. I did not want to mail in my game because the weather is suppose to be bad.

121514-fedex1.jpg

#17 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

I called another Walmart in my area and the guy said that the computers were working for trade ins. I went in and traded my Batman: AK. They gave me a e-Gift card instead of a physical gift card in-store, was hoping for a physical gift card. Call your Walmart before going down there and wasting your time. I did not want to mail in my game because the weather is suppose to be bad.

121514-fedex1.jpg

You realize you're supposed to get an egift card, right?

#18 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

You realize you're supposed to get an egift card, right?

No, I thought you're suppose to get a physical gift card when you do a in store trade in, like Best Buy, Game Stop and Target.

#19 SwannShady   CAG. CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwannShady

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

I just got back and it wasn't the worst experience I've had involving this kind of thing, but it was close, the guy was a complete, oh whats the word? Not moron that's kinda harsh, I guess you could say know-it-all, first he said they don't do trade ins any more but he asked a girl stocking phones and she said they did he just has to use a different computer.

So after waiting for the computer to boot up, he gave me shit for trading in dying light, I told him it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be and that I enjoyed Dead Island more, he just gave me a blank stare and said "Wooooooooooow really?" I said yeah and he said "well I guess thats ok, I hate all call of duty games" like that had anything to do with what we're talking about lol.

So after I got my egift card I told him I needed a game out of the case so I head over there and a few minutes later he shows up and I tell him I want FFX for PS4. He then says "Really? You know thats like the worst one right?" At this point I just want to get the hell out of there so I just tell yeah, then as we're heading towards the counter he then says "yeah when I play this one I just let the main character die because I can't stand him" so I say "yeah I know how that is" luckily after that I was able to pay and leave without much more interaction with this guy.

#endcheapassblogger

#20 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:11 AM

No, I thought you're suppose to get a physical gift card when you do a in store trade in, like Best Buy, Game Stop and Target.

Unfortunately you get an egift card in store as well, you can use it to buy a physical GC but finding a cashier who knows how to do it is a challenge.

#21 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:36 AM

one of these days, these threads will come through for CAG.. or was it ruined after the PS4 trade promo :-k

#22 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

What I'm caring about right now:

image.jpeg

GameStop currently offering a mere $22 credit, and Best Buy is offering a $25 credit. Either way I buy lots of things at Wal-Mart and could use the most I can get. Since I only paid $25 for this game on Black Friday I may do alright here.

#23 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3556 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:30 AM

What I'm caring about right now:

image.jpeg

GameStop currently offering a mere $22 credit, and Best Buy is offering a $25 credit. Either way I buy lots of things at Wal-Mart and could use the most I can get. Since I only paid $25 for this game on Black Friday I may do alright here.

$32.20 at GameStop actually :P

#24 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

$32.20 at GameStop actually :P

False. I called two Gamestop locations and even with PuR the max you can get is $24.20.

Link:
http://www.gamestop....tlefront/121215

#25 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:22 AM

False. I called two Gamestop locations and even with PuR the max you can get is $24.20.
Link:http://www.gamestop....tlefront/121215

scroll down and read the titles on the 'Guaranteed $30 Credit' list
http://www.gamestop.com/trade

#26 kakoden   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

So basically... buy arkham knight at best buy for 14.99 or 11.99 w GCU and sell at walmart for 18... lol... hmmm

#27 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

scroll down and read the titles on the 'Guaranteed $30 Credit' list
http://www.gamestop.com/trade

The fine print says "$30 must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new game." So I would say that doesn't count.

#28 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13591 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

The fine print says "$30 must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new game." So I would say that doesn't count.

And if you actually paid attention on CAG you would know that it's working without that requirement.

#29 justadude  

justadude

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

And if you actually paid attention on CAG you would know that it's working without that requirement.

Oh ok I'll be sure to inform my local GameStop employees that some guy on a forum knows otherwise and they need to give me the full $30 credit.

#30 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6213 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:34 PM

Oh ok I'll be sure to inform my local GameStop employees that some pompous douche on a forum knows otherwise and they need to give me the full $30 credit.

It's been mentioned numerous times in the GS thread. Worked without hassle for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: walmart, tradein, trade-in, promos, deals, promo, wal-mart, trade in