- - - - -

Sega Dreamcast DVD Case Project [56k beware!]

#1 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

I was cleaning out my PC, for a reimage...and found these.

Have some Dreamcast Cases - Also, I have an awesome photoshop "Dreamcast Template" if someone can cough up 50megs.

Edit: I also have the PSone template if someone can host 35 megs...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's a PS1 for good measure...

Posted Image

#2 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:04 PM

Also, I have an awesome photoshop "Dreamcast Template" if someone can cough up 50megs.

#3 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

bump

#4 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:05 AM

52 views an no bumps... thats makes me sad.

#5 Ruined   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:22 AM

my contribution :) these are actually for a double CD cases I made, but still custom and kind of cool.

Metal Gear Solid (bleemcast)
http://www.reflecton...ustom-front.jpg

http://www.reflecton...custom-back.jpg

Tekken 3 (bleemcast)

Gran Turismo 2 (bleemcast)

Made these back when DC was fighting against PS2 and bleemcast was out :D

#6 Jaket   Ask me about my Halo 3 stats CAGiversary!   4806 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:25 AM

yyyess! I was just looking for this thread a few days ago.. glad you remade it ;)

#7 SneakyPenguin   Agent of SHIELD CAGiversary!   16948 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

SneakyPenguin

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:36 AM

It's awesome dood, but I really think you need a 56K warning, or better, make those pics thumbnail links, as they're freaking huge.

#8 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

Its says 56K beware right in the title.

#9 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:25 PM

Mad cows go OOOM! (Bump)

#10 My Name Is BoB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

My Name Is BoB

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

Why do the first two games say soul calibur on the back?

#11 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

Why do the first two games say soul calibur on the back?

Because I am lazy.

#12 daroga   swimming with nanocarp CAGiversary!   11178 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

I could probably host the template. PM me and we'll work something out.

daroga

#13 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

Instead of stretching out the whole forum tables.. you could've just linked to them..

#14 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

Snorlax

#15 nneace   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

Pretty cool, but how can you print them for the pristine quality that we get with today's DVD games?

PS oh and please no one quote the original post!

#16 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

Mooky....those are all great covers....any chance of you doing some more?

#17 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:06 PM

Mooky....those are all great covers....any chance of you doing some more?

I just got sidetracked, and I had 5 others half done but I just was bored with the project and lack of intrest and scrapped the concept.

But I would love to have someone host the templates and have others make their own.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, for everyone else...

I added thumbnails just for you... awwww.... :D

#18 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

bump cause bored

#19 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:25 AM

I just got sidetracked, and I had 5 others half done but I just was bored with the project and lack of intrest and scrapped the concept.

But I would love to have someone host the templates and have others make their own.

The GBA/DS project was hugely successful, and the N64 project seems to be doing pretty well. Maybe if there was some way to streamline the process there'd be more contribution from other members. I love the concept, but I have no art skills, so I contribute nothing :sad:.

#20 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:34 PM

Maybe the guy hosting the N64 covers could host it. There is also snackbargames who hosted the GBA covers.

#21 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:28 AM

meh

#22 Negative   Leave my wallet alone CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:40 AM

The "3rd Strike" one kicks so much ass, its unbelievable.

#23 U2K Tha Greate$t   Banned Banned   648 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

U2K Tha Greate$t

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:48 AM

People still on 56K? Thats a crime.

Anyway, nice templates.

#24 Toukijin   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Toukijin

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

I'm pretty new to this site/forum, I actually became aware of it through the N64 Cover thread, but I'd really like to see this section get some love. I have quite a few original covers from Dreamcast games I own, and I'm not too bad (if a little rusty) with Photoshop/Paintshop, so I plan to start doing covers in this DVD case format, asap. Here are the games I have that I haven't seen already listed that I have covers for:

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Shuffle
NBA 2k1
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia II
Shenmue
Berserk
Record of the Lodoss War
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom II
Dead or Alive II
Power Stone
Rainbow Six

There may be a few more, but those I know I have. Since I'm already renovating my entertainment room and putting my SNES/N64 games in new boxes anyway, I might as well standardize the Dreamcast and PS1 games while I'm at it. I'm pretty sure I have enough bandwidth/storage on my college account to handle the ones I plan to do, but I don't think I'd have enough room for a whole project; same would apply for raw scans to edit, but if someone can come up with some hosting, I'd be glad to assist in taking raw scans / images and making covers from them. Not sure how much time I can devote this week, since work has been really busy, but I should be able to start pumping them out on a regular basis starting next week. *crosses fingers*

Toukijin

#25 daroga   swimming with nanocarp CAGiversary!   11178 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:34 PM

All of my DC games are complete. I could probably provide scans for all of them if there's intrest (check my IGN collection). Also, Mooky, I'm still willing to host the template. Did you try to email it to me?

daroga

#26 ItoBandito   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

ItoBandito

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:02 PM

Wow these are great. Probably the closest thing that can get me buying loose games again. Wish I could help with the space.

#27 magius360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

magius360

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:01 AM

Here is a template. I don't have any idea as to why your template is 50mb.
Posted Image
I left the title (Sorry, I just cleared out your Power stone 2 case image) for a sense of where anyone making a case image should put the title of the game they are making the case for. The Front of the case image is black so it will not confuse people where the dreamcast "curve" is on the case.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't save it with transparency. Just change the black to transparency I guess.

#28 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

Here is a template. I don't have any idea as to why your template is 50mb.
Posted Image
I left the title (Sorry, I just cleared out your Power stone 2 case image) for a sense of where anyone making a case image should put the title of the game they are making the case for. The Front of the case image is black so it will not confuse people where the dreamcast "curve" is on the case.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't save it with transparency. Just change the black to transparency I guess.

Because my template is a .psd file with moveable objects and yours is a jpeg.

#29 Karyyk   Brooding Insomniac CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:24 PM

You can host just about anything at Axentra.com (free, reliable 100MB). Make an account, then load it into your web folder, then pass around the URL. Pretty simple.

#30 Snowcone   Master of Snackbar Games CAGiversary!   570 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

Maybe the guy hosting the N64 covers could host it. There is also snackbargames who hosted the GBA covers.

We are hosting the GBA (GB, GBC, GBAV) covers, N64 covers, and the SNES covers. I would be glad to host these as well. Just let me know if you are interested.