Sega Dreamcast DVD Case Project [56k beware!]

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
I was cleaning out my PC, for a reimage...and found these.

Have some Dreamcast Cases - Also, I have an awesome photoshop "Dreamcast Template" if someone can cough up 50megs.

Edit: I also have the PSone template if someone can host 35 megs...

And here's a PS1 for good measure...

Pretty cool, but how can you print them for the pristine quality that we get with today's DVD games?

PS oh and please no one quote the original post!

[quote name='jkam']Mooky....those are all great covers....any chance of you doing some more?[/QUOTE]

I just got sidetracked, and I had 5 others half done but I just was bored with the project and lack of intrest and scrapped the concept.

But I would love to have someone host the templates and have others make their own.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, for everyone else...

I added thumbnails just for you... awwww.... :D

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I just got sidetracked, and I had 5 others half done but I just was bored with the project and lack of intrest and scrapped the concept.

But I would love to have someone host the templates and have others make their own.

I added thumbnails just for you... awwww.... :D[/QUOTE]
The GBA/DS project was hugely successful, and the N64 project seems to be doing pretty well. Maybe if there was some way to streamline the process there'd be more contribution from other members. I love the concept, but I have no art skills, so I contribute nothing :sad:.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I just got sidetracked, and I had 5 others half done but I just was bored with the project and lack of intrest and scrapped the concept.

I added thumbnails just for you... awwww.... :D[/QUOTE]

Maybe the guy hosting the N64 covers could host it. There is also snackbargames who hosted the GBA covers.

I'm pretty new to this site/forum, I actually became aware of it through the N64 Cover thread, but I'd really like to see this section get some love. I have quite a few original covers from Dreamcast games I own, and I'm not too bad (if a little rusty) with Photoshop/Paintshop, so I plan to start doing covers in this DVD case format, asap. Here are the games I have that I haven't seen already listed that I have covers for:

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Shuffle
NBA 2k1
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia II
Shenmue
Berserk
Record of the Lodoss War
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom II
Dead or Alive II
Power Stone
Rainbow Six

There may be a few more, but those I know I have. Since I'm already renovating my entertainment room and putting my SNES/N64 games in new boxes anyway, I might as well standardize the Dreamcast and PS1 games while I'm at it. I'm pretty sure I have enough bandwidth/storage on my college account to handle the ones I plan to do, but I don't think I'd have enough room for a whole project; same would apply for raw scans to edit, but if someone can come up with some hosting, I'd be glad to assist in taking raw scans / images and making covers from them. Not sure how much time I can devote this week, since work has been really busy, but I should be able to start pumping them out on a regular basis starting next week. *crosses fingers*

Toukijin

All of my DC games are complete. I could probably provide scans for all of them if there's intrest (check my IGN collection). Also, Mooky, I'm still willing to host the template. Did you try to email it to me?

daroga

Here is a template. I don't have any idea as to why your template is 50mb.

I left the title (Sorry, I just cleared out your Power stone 2 case image) for a sense of where anyone making a case image should put the title of the game they are making the case for. The Front of the case image is black so it will not confuse people where the dreamcast "curve" is on the case.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't save it with transparency. Just change the black to transparency I guess.

[quote name='magius360']Here is a template. I don't have any idea as to why your template is 50mb.

I left the title (Sorry, I just cleared out your Power stone 2 case image) for a sense of where anyone making a case image should put the title of the game they are making the case for. The Front of the case image is black so it will not confuse people where the dreamcast "curve" is on the case.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't save it with transparency. Just change the black to transparency I guess.[/QUOTE]

Because my template is a .psd file with moveable objects and yours is a jpeg.

You can host just about anything at Axentra.com (free, reliable 100MB). Make an account, then load it into your web folder, then pass around the URL. Pretty simple.

[quote name='jkam']Maybe the guy hosting the N64 covers could host it. There is also snackbargames who hosted the GBA covers.[/QUOTE]

We are hosting the GBA (GB, GBC, GBAV) covers, N64 covers, and the SNES covers. I would be glad to host these as well. Just let me know if you are interested.

[quote name='Snowcone']We are hosting the GBA (GB, GBC, GBAV) covers, N64 covers, and the SNES covers. I would be glad to host these as well. Just let me know if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Sure, go for it. Put my name next to them this time though... all the GBA/DS covers I made credited someone else... ;-) But I could care less, these were custom made though..

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][/QUOTE]

Hope you realize you made a tiny mistake on this one - you have all of the Soul Calibur copyright information on the back of the JSR box

[quote name='Snowcone']I'll go through this thread and get them setup on the site. I will also setup the upload script to accept DC covers.[/QUOTE]
It'd be really nice if this project got rolling with other users' submissions, as these would probably look really nice with white DVD cases.

It IS nice with white DVD cases... thats what I've used. I gave up on the project when it took me 3 hours per case to perfect it though.. I figured no one else would do it.

I Finished a Unreal Tournament Cover. Damn took long on my p2 266mhz pc. Well here it is:

I also have a .PSDversion which has the cover as a layer so it will help making other covers easier.

How do I submit this to snackbar-games?

Next games on my list:
Virtua Tennis
THPS 2

Bump! This shall not die! I have the following DC games I'm willing to scan. Tell me which ones you need and I'll post some raw scans.

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Crazy Taxi
Chu Chu Rocket
Fatal Fury: Mark of The Wolves
Grandia II
House of the Dead 2
Jet Grind Radio
King of Fighters '99: Evolution
King of Fighters Dream Match '99
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Phantasy Star Online
Plasma Sword
Read 2 Rumble Boxing
San Francisco Rush 2049
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition
Space Channel 5
Toy Commander
Worms Armageddon

btw, would you need special DVD cases for multiple-disc games like Shenmue and REs?

Bump - I would LOVE to see more of these...

What type of paper did you print these on and then did you just cut them out (to those who have done this)

Posted this already on the other Sega cover projects threads. I found a frensch site which has quite some covers for the different Sega systems as well as NeoGeo (and CD).
The link is:
http://www.zonesega.com/covers-Dreamcast.html

They have about 54 covers for Dreamcast, all PAL except one JAP cover, but I thought it might be of use to you.
And finally i can contribute SOMETHING at all to the cover projects ;)

Well I've been thinking of changing the cover to one I found someone use on dcemulation.com:
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kof02dvd4ao.jpg

Why?
- I like the orange better than white
- Looks more next gen (or current gen now)
- Is a lot more easier to make covers for

But oh great CYRiX, orange won't work for pal!
Well if there is enough people who want it I can easily change orange to blue.

bread's done
Back