Stuck at "Updating Component Registration"

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
I'm running a Windows 8.1 64bit computer, installed since April 2015. I've installed plenty of games, from original Fallout to whatever Steam has handy, but a certain title today stops doing anything when I get "Updating Component Registration" and it's stayed there for 10 minutes. I've already have the latest version of Direct X and all that, considering I am using Steam, so there's not much needed to install.

The title is "Dungeons & Dragons Anthology" with all those Baldur's and Icewind games. And it's freaking out at the "updating component registration" part. I've searched for the updates KB2918614 and  KB3008627 to remove them as this thread states and they aren't installed in my computer. What's going on?

Well, GOG has a warning. :( http://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/getting_burned_a_warning_on_purchasing_baldurs_gate_outisde_of_gogcom

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested it on another PC today. It took 40 minutes for only ONE game to install. Atari really screwed the pooch here, as the disc is just cab files waiting to be extracted by an MSi.

bread's done
Back