Very cheap upcoming EA Titles @ DVDPlanet.com

I don't know the reliability of the site, but this caught my eye. For all three consoles.

*FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF 25 DOLLARS AND UP*

XBOX

Burnout Revenge= 27.97
NCAA Football 2006= 34.97
Madden 2006= 34.97
Nascar 2006= 27.97
NHL 2006= 27.97
Tiger Woods 2006= 27.97

oh, i didnt look at the reviews, i just looked at the score and pasted it here

it looks that they just renewed their verisign thing this past march. Im still not taking my chances

I'd expect all of the next-gen sports games to be $30 this time 'round. It probably isn't a great deal. MVP Baseball 2005 was only $30 this year; while it could have something to do with it being the last MLB game available from MVP for a few years (exlusive rights prevent them from making 'em for a while), I'm more inclined to believe that EA did a complete drop of sports games, as this is the last set of them before the next generation of games.

DVDPlanet used to be Ken Crane's, a California mail-order dealer (which also has a couple of retail stores out in the area as well). In the early days of DVD I used them all the time for pre-orders -- they have excellent customer service and discs always arrived on time.

Over the years they've become less competitive in pricing but recently have tried to win back some business by adding Free Ship over $25 and coupons too.

From my experience I wouldn't worry about them at all -- though you may end up waiting a few extra days since they're not EBGames and Gamestop, etc...who knows how quickly they get these EA games in.

I preordered Batman Begins Xbox for $27 at DVDPlanet and it immediately went on backorder status the day after the movie hit theaters. This actually worked in my favor since I got cold feet and cancelled it, but if it had been something I really wanted I would have been in for a wait.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']DVDPlanet used to be Ken Crane's, a California mail-order dealer (which also has a couple of retail stores out in the area as well). In the early days of DVD I used them all the time for pre-orders -- they have excellent customer service and discs always arrived on time.

Over the years they've become less competitive in pricing but recently have tried to win back some business by adding Free Ship over $25 and coupons too.

From my experience I wouldn't worry about them at all -- though you may end up waiting a few extra days since they're not EBGames and Gamestop, etc...who knows how quickly they get these EA games in.[/QUOTE]

These are all showing up at EB for the $39.99 and $49.99, I ordered 3 GC ones for a savings of $40, good deal here.

I ordered from them before and had no issues.

dvdplanet is good for instock dvds, they have had problems with backorder/out of stock items. But it is easy to cancel an order.

I ordered The Die Hard Trilogy a couple months back and they shipped it fast. Good fast service, but I've opnly ordered from them once.

Wait...so is this site reliable enough to order a game off of them? Madden sounds really nice for $30 :)

:EDIT: $35 I mean

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Once you order don't they have the right to change the price back?[/QUOTE]

They can't charge you more than you agreed to. They could raise the prices and cancel your order.

I've never ordered from them online but ive shopped from them instore multiple times and they are great. I will have to stop by and see if they have the same price for Batman instore.

Prices are the same for PS2

Burnout revenge buyers remember its coming to XBOX360 version if you want the best version, I'm holding off on the XBX version!

[quote name='Ruined']Burnout revenge buyers remember its coming to XBOX360 version if you want the best version, I'm holding off on the XBX version![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but unless things change, that version is going to be twice the price. I am still considering getting an Xbox 360, but unless there are some major differences between the two versions of Revenge, I'll be happy with the Xbox version at least until the 360 version gets much cheaper.

I ordered a couple of NUON games from them back in the day (and a few DVD's) and I received everything I ordered, in good time.

I've ordered from them before (even when they were known as just kencranes.com), but not recently due to the proliferation of online DVD sites available these days. Never had a problem before, but these prices do seem to be in the too-good-to-be-true category. They are selling games that list for $19.99 at most stores for their original $49.99 release prices! Still, I'm taking a chance and pre-ordering.

DVDplanet is very slow in sending out game that you place pre-orders on. I placed a pre-order for Batman Begins (XBOX) in May,... the game came out on June 13.........they just now sent me an e-mail saying that it has shipped (today is the 13th of July)......... butI will say I did get the game for $22 including shipping compared to the $40 retail price......... I guess saving almost $50 is worth waiting a month.

It's probably not a typo. Why would prices on just EA games be off? Anyways, they raised the price of NCAA 06 $3, to about $37.99. I got a $3 off coupon code when I registered, so I used that and got it for $35 shipped. Very happy with this deal!

bread's done
Back