Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - CAG Doubles Tournament! WINNER: CERO5!

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/WZk37LfCdi

2 vs. 2 - double elimination tournament
3 stock, 8 minute matches
Team Attack = On
No custom moves
No items
No Mii fighters and no amiibo
First stage must be agreed upon by both teams
Losing team picks the next stage
Characters may be changed between matches
Best 3 out of 5 games wins. 4 out of 7 for the Grand Finals. (Team from the Losers bracket would have to win two sets against the winners bracket opponent.)

Stage List
Final Destination
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Kongo Jungle
Halberd
Pilot Wings
Miiverse
Dream Land 64
Duck Hunt
All Omega Stages
-----

Current Participants:
Rig and Local Player
Cero5 and Local Player
CaptainJoel and Local Player
Andami and Local Player
Gamer SDP and Local Player
Theguy1513 and Local Player
Daisydog and Jack
Mysticales and Josh5890

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! Signed up for it. If I team with my brother does he have to necessarily have his own CAG account and does he have to play on my console with me? He has his own WiiU and prefers we play separately.

Challonge has a strange setup....in that I don't think you can setup a "doubles" match.  I guess, if having a local partner, they don't need a CAG account.  

CaptainJoel:  It's fine if he plays on another console.  I'll adjust the OP so he doesn't need a CAG account.

So, I'm going to edit the OP.  Only *one* person on each doubles team needs to register.  That way, both players don't show up as seeds in the bracket.

If using a local player, they don't need to do anything other than show up for their matches.  If you are partnering with another CAG, only one sign up, and, let me know who the partners are.

I signed up. My friend will be on a separate console.

Rig, maybe extend signups until maybe Friday?
If we have enough people by then, I'll start it up. Otherwise, we'll just start a week from today. I sent a PM out to all the people that entered the first tourney, hoping more of them get in and sign up.

Hey Rig. Just got your PM. I'll give it a shot. It's been a while since I've done much on CAG! Anyone need a partner? If not I might be able to get a local partner.

Alright my cousin and I can play. Sign me up with a local teammate.
Edit: Are items gonna be on or off?

Items off.

Stages will be the typical choices; tournament legal ones. I'll come up with the list and post it before we play.

Thinking this for stage list:

Final Destination

Battlefield

Big Battlefield

Smashville

Town and City

Lylat Cruise

Delfino Plaza

Castle Siege

Kongo Jungle

Halberd

Pilot Wings

Miiverse

Dream Land 64

Duck Hunt

All Omega Stages

Sound good?  Right now (assuming Daisy and Josh are a team) we'd have six teams.  Eight teams total would be awesome.  Mad D and RoytheRobot, where you guys at?

Well I guess I am in. Whoever my partner is on CAG, I will make known now, Either I can play say after 9pm at night. Or I am off Weds and Sundays. 

Well I reached out to Action! this morning since I thought Janet got paired up yesterday. If he doesn't respond I will definitely team up with Janet.

I'm going to go online and get some practice, anyone free to join?

Also need to try out those new character.

I might be in team mode online buy I will check if rooms are open frequently.

Action! did reply back but he would like to do a connection stability test sometime next week with some games (maybe Wednesday?).

Everyone:  Please check the OP and confirm your partner situation is correct.  If you have ??? next to your name, please finalize your partner.  D, I put you and Action together already.  If you need matches to confirm that, that's cool.  

I think we'll plan on starting this Wednesday!

Everyone: Please check the OP and confirm your partner situation is correct. If you have ??? next to your name, please finalize your partner. D, I put you and Action together already. If you need matches to confirm that, that's cool.

I think we'll plan on starting this Wednesday!
I'm not in the op :(. I'm playing with a local partner.

Anyone around to get some practice in. Hopefully with enough people to get actual team attack practice games.

Rig we should put the NNID's next to our CAG names (alldavidnameused)

Anyone around to get some practice in. Hopefully with enough people to get actual team attack practice games.

Rig we should put the NNID's next to our CAG names (alldavidnameused)
I'll be playing a little tonight, in about an hour. I'm going to try out my gamecube controller + adapter instead of my fightpad controller, see if I improve any :lol:

I'll be playing a little tonight, in about an hour. I'm going to try out my gamecube controller + adapter instead of my fightpad controller, see if I improve any :lol:
I missed this post, the motto of the smash thread: "Let's try again next time!" :lol: ...tomorrow I'll try to remember the check back more often.

I missed this post, the motto of the smash thread: "Let's try again next time!" :lol: ...tomorrow I'll try to remember the check back more often.
I just entered a bunch of 1v1 for glory tournaments over and over. It didn't go so well (I saw things :shock: ), but I feel like I got in some much needed practice. I'll definitely be using an original gamecube controller for the tournament!

There's a Spurs game tomorrow, but I'll see what I can do. The later the better for me, 9 or 10 PM Central till midnight.

I think one person from each team has signed up.  (Assuming Mad D and Action are teaming up.)  

If so, we will begin tomorrow.  

When the tourney has officially started, you can PM each other or setup times here.  Everyone would have a week to play their games, though the sooner, the better.  

Scores can be reported here and I'll add them, or, you can add them yourself over on Challonge.  (Just please mention here who the winners were.)

Good luck, all!

so 8 weeks of round robin?

also just realized, what if teams have more than 2 different players ie different local friend playing?  Note that my teammate will be via wifi (same state though).

not that it'll make a difference, assuming I don't SD and can pull some of my own weight, as my friend should be able to carry our team to victory! 

so 8 weeks of round robin?

also just realized, what if teams have more than 2 different players ie different local friend playing? Note that my teammate will be via wifi (same state though).

not that it'll make a difference, assuming I don't SD and can pull some of my own weight, as my friend should be able to carry our team to victory!
Not round robin. Double elimination. So, a team will play a minimum of two matches. (Two losses to be eliminated.)

As long as you can get the other team your NNID's, I don't think there will be a problem with different partners. Teams should probably coordinate who hosts (maybe by checking Internet speeds).

Hmm.. well if needed Action! and I could drop out if no other team joins soon enough (sorry for speaking on behalf of you Action :lol:). don't want to hold the brackets back or create an odd grouping.

He was potentially sitting this one out prior to me asking because he wasn't sure about his connection anyway.

--Also alternate partners are allowed, like when we used to have enough people for 3 man teams? Maybe I'll join up as an alternate if needed by any team.

I wouldn't want you guys to drop out! If we have to be "off" a round (the two players that didn't play in the last tourney would have the first round match), so be it.

Tomorrow by noon, central, I'll hit the "go" button and you can begin playing your matches.

bread's done
Back