CAGBRO Hearthstone Tournament

CheapLikeAFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1483 (100%)
Time for the second CAG Hearthstone Tournament.  

Scheduled for Thursday, May 12, from 10:00 PM ET to Midnight.

Post in this thread if you would like to be included in the tournament.  We do random decks and best two out of three.

Any newcomers are welcome to join, but please complete the Hearthstone tutorial levels before the event!

2nd Tournament Sign-Up:

1. FoxyPie - FoxyPie#1362

2. Sinfulfate - Sinfulfate#1827

3. TheXMiz - Miz27

4. cg8889 - Cg8889#1916

5. csidegamer - TheTr00per#11832

6. Voken - Voken#1125

If you have mics or headphones log in here to voice chat:

http://talk.whosgamingnow.net

You can use it in browser or download the app (Discord) if you'd like.  We'll be in the SpoderFox room.  Even if you have no mic, it is good to hear what is going on in terms of who won, who's playing who, etc. 

Previous Tournament Results:

Tournament #1 - Champion - Sinfulfate 

http://challonge.com/CAGHearthstone

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll play though I'll probably forget to ever come in the thread and check it again.

I don't think games are typically longer than 10-15 minutes though they can also be drastically shorter depending on luck of the draw.

one question, is the tournament just between us cags? or does it include other players outside of cag?

one question, is the tournament just between us cags? or does it include other players outside of cag?
It would only be people from CAG or the Bro Group, but if you know someone interested I don't think that would be an issue. I think the only challenge is finding an even number of people (8, 16, 32) so the tournament would work. Otherwise we would have to maybe do groups and have people win their group.

I'll play though I'll probably forget to ever come in the thread and check it again.

I don't think games are typically longer than 10-15 minutes though they can also be drastically shorter depending on luck of the draw.
Thanks for the info.

It would only be people from CAG or the Bro Group, but if you know someone interested I don't think that would be an issue. I think the only challenge is finding an even number of people (8, 16, 32) so the tournament would work. Otherwise we would have to maybe do groups and have people win their group.

Thanks for the info.
ok, i am fine with that. but i don't trust most bros except for u, because people are flaky from the pastt events i posted for bro night

you can count me in

Should be fun, count me in!
Alright, signed up!

ok, i am fine with that. but i don't trust most bros except for u, because people are flaky from the best events i posted for bro night

you can count me in
Signed up!

I will put safeguards in place for it. So if we do the tourney in one night I will schedule everyone and the people who don't show up that night get auto dq and we proceed with the people who do show up.

Alright, signed up!

Signed up!

I will put safeguards in place for it. So if we do the tourney in one night I will schedule everyone and the people who don't show up that night get auto dq and we proceed with the people who do show up.
ok that sounds good to me. because i don't want to deal with rescheduling of events just to play a match,

also shouldn't we also leave our gamertag for battle.net ?

I'll be there as long as we keep it on a bro night.  I haven't logged into battle.net in forever so I gotta find my authenticator and whatever my login info is.

I'll be there as long as we keep it on a bro night. I haven't logged into battle.net in forever so I gotta find my authenticator and whatever my login info is.
It's a Wednesday 10:00 PM so usual bro night. I had to dig up my old boxed copy of WOW to use the serial to reset my password :/

Should be fun, count me in!

add me as well, I look forward to playing some battle.net shit.
Quoted to ask you guys for your Gamertag on battle.net

Add me: Brian#1849
Added.

I bet Fox forgot all about it. I know I did.Been playing a couple of games just to jog my memory.
I won't say I forgot ALL about it. But a little.

hi fox, since the tourney is tmorrw, can u give a run through of how it is going to work?
I'll PM everyone tomorrow and confirm who can make it. It will start at 10:00 PM ET and I'll do a random draw for match ups to set up the tournament round. We'll be doing rounds until it is down to two in the final round.

If we only get like 6 people we might have to sides of 3 in each group and everyone plays each other twice and those with the best record from each group face off in the final.

I'll be posting Discord info and the SpoderFox group info too since we'll probably be communicating through that.

Damn. Had no idea there was a hearthstone community here. Please let me know if there is another tourney or any other hearthstone related thing going on. 

If you guys have another one, I would love to be a part of it.

Sign me up for the next tournament for sure!

We should do a Standard format tournament or something.

Damn. Had no idea there was a hearthstone community here. Please let me know if there is another tourney or any other hearthstone related thing going on.

^Likewise.

I would absolutely be down for anything HS related
I scheduled Tournament #2 for next Thursday between 10:00 PM ET and Midnight. Post here if you want to be included. I think last time we did random decks and best two out of three per match up.

I guess whatever people want, but it looks like everyone seems to prefer standard.
I would prefer Wild since we are using random decks, it gives us a much bigger card pool to pull from. The standard set is much smaller and a lot of the cards in the new expansion are designed to work with a specific card that probably wont get put in your deck.

Is that what he meant by "random decks", as in the cards in our decks are random? Or we randomly choose from our pre-made decks

If it's the former, I agree with wild

If it's the latter, I think standard would be best

Is that what he meant by "random decks", as in the cards in our decks are random? Or we randomly choose from our pre-made decks

If it's the former, I agree with wild

If it's the latter, I think standard would be best
Its this. Last tournament we had a lot of people who barely played the game so any kind of pre-made deck would be too good.

Ah gotcha. Makes sense. If there's someone who's super into the meta (this guy) playing someone who plays very casually I could see where that wouldn't be a ton of fun .

How are we going about choosing a random deck? Just wondering how this was done in the past.

Plus, how many are we up to now?

bread's done
Back