[Best Buy] Fire Emblem Fates deal; Save $5 each on Map Pack 1 or Revelation when you buy Conquest or Birthright

Special edition doesn't come with the map packs so we're still stuck buying those too. :p

Too bad we're not getting that discount.
I heard you can call customer support and try.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was never a price drop for the Awakening DLC, right? I don't ever recall DLC price drop or discount for Awakening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was never a price drop for the Awakening DLC, right? I don't ever recall DLC price drop or discount for Awakening.
Not that I can recall. I think some might have had a slight discount when they released but that would have been it.

I sent an email to Best Buy because I can't call them right now to see if they could apply the discount to the Map Pack 1 DLC even if I pre-ordered the Special Edition. Hope it works out!

EDIT: No go, figured as much. ;(

Last edited by a moderator:

There was no discount, but the first DLC pack was free on the eShop during the launch window.

There was no discount, but the first DLC pack was free on the eShop during the launch window.
It was the first map of the DLC pack with Marth. If you got the free map, the pack was a slightly lesser price, then, too, since you already had one of the maps in it. For Fates, they're doing a discounted bundle of all the maps, where with Awakening they grouped sets of maps into packs for a slight discount.

glad i got that special edition. it's how they suckered me into getting GCU and.. to be honest, i actually love GCU. Especially since it works on amiibos and amiibo cards on top of games too.

If I order now will they fix it on that order or should I just wait?
I'd wait. Do you really want to try to explain to some Best Buy rep over the phone that you didn't get the bundled price and have them try to figure out the correct prices with GCU even if you draw it on a white board?

I thought GCU didn't apply to digital content, including eShop codes. Is DLC different from digital games?

edit: Never mind, I realized people were probably talking about GCU on the physical game, not the DLC they were adding

Discounts seem to be working for me. GCU applies only to the physical game, so the prices look like this in my cart...

Birthright / Conquest cartridge - $31.99

Birthright / Conquest digital code - $39.99
Birthright + Conquest (1 cartridge + 1 DLC) - $51.99
Map Pack 1 DLC  - $12.99

Revelation DLC - $14.99

I have no idea whether to buy birthright or conquest- I read somewhere that birthright is easier actually...

Chances are I won't reward Nintendo by buying all 3 versions of the game, maybe the epilogue if it doesn't depend on playing both versions first

I have no idea whether to buy birthright or conquest- I read somewhere that birthright is easier actually...

Chances are I won't reward Nintendo by buying all 3 versions of the game, maybe the epilogue if it doesn't depend on playing both versions first
From what I've heard, Birthright is easier and has more options for grinding so you can level up your characters if you're having trouble. Most of the maps also have simple objectives. Conquest is more difficult, sometimes has specific objectives like defending a castle for a specific number of turns, and has no free battles so you have to manage your resources carefully.

Thanks for the heads up. I originally pre-ordered both for physical, but now that they have the bundle and the DLC available for just $3 more than I was going to pay, I went that route. 

From what I've heard, Birthright is easier and has more options for grinding so you can level up your characters if you're having trouble. Most of the maps also have simple objectives. Conquest is more difficult, sometimes has specific objectives like defending a castle for a specific number of turns, and has no free battles so you have to manage your resources carefully.
You can grind in Conquest if you have the EXP map DLC, at least (which, conveniently enough, is included in the map pack and will be available on the 25th).

Thanks for the heads up. I originally pre-ordered both for physical, but now that they have the bundle and the DLC available for just $3 more than I was going to pay, I went that route.
Dunno if you knew it, but I'm throwing this out for anyone else who might be interested in going physical for both: one drawback is that data isn't shared between the versions if you do that, e.g. the support logs won't be merged for both games. You also get the same amount of save files regardless of which method you use, so you don't have to worry about being stuck with only 3 slots for all of the paths if you go digital (you get an additional 3 for each story you buy).

You can grind in Conquest if you have the EXP map DLC, at least (which, conveniently enough, is included in the map pack and will be available on the 25th).

Dunno if you knew it, but I'm throwing this out for anyone else who might be interested in going physical for both: one drawback is that data isn't shared between the versions if you do that, e.g. the support logs won't be merged for both games. You also get the same amount of save files regardless of which method you use, so you don't have to worry about being stuck with only 3 slots for all of the paths if you go digital (you get an additional 3 for each story you buy).
I wasn't aware of that, thank you very much for the tip. Glad this worked out well for me in the end then lol

You have to pay to get experience put back in a game. Jesus H Christ. This game gets more diluted day by day. I'm this close to just cancelling.

You have to pay to get experience put back in a game. Jesus H Christ. This game gets more diluted day by day. I'm this close to just cancelling.
Pay-to-grind, only $2.50 for the privilege of making hard mode easy

It's working now, take advantage.  Just cancel your order and reorder and if you paid with certs, going to have to wait a day or two extra to get the points back.  30 mins more or less for gift cards.  I tried to get my order adjusted through email the past 2 days and it's like they're saying I'm a liar.  They just don't UNDERSTAND or just play dumb and not want to do their job.  So I just canceled mine and have to wait till I get my 10 cert back.  Ridiculous man, BB is flawed as hell when they do their stupid promotions.  You usually don't get jack shit unless you nag until you get to the right person that actually does their damn job.  Sorry for the rant. 

It was also in Awakening, though you could grind without it in that one - it just made it easier by giving you enemies that leveled you up faster. 11 maps for $18 (or $13 if you take advantage of this deal) still isn't too shabby, though. If anyone doesn't know exactly what's in the map pack, here's a list from Nintendo.

One setback of getting one of the games digital is that it's DLC, so if you sell the version of the physical game, you can't play the DLC. If you have both physical copies, you can trade or sell one of the stories and still play the other. Just for info's sake.

That's true, I didn't even think about that when I was posting since I don't plan to sell mine. Thanks for pointing that out.

...Just because you never know if one will be better than the other, or if one version + Revelation + map packs may be enough for someone that wants other games in the future (and we are on CAG :D), and they can trade/sell the version they like least.

I have Awakening digitally, and love that I can back up my saves, then use 3 more saves (since I can restore the older saves at any time). This is one series that I'd never sell, either. I really hope GS comes through on my CE, else I will be getting a BBY bundle (if available, still).

Deal works. Used a reward cert and gift card to get Birthright, Map Pack 1, and Revelations for "free".

Hard mode's 40 dollars. Don't use terms like privilege when we're talking about video games.
Why would the word not apply to a special advantage given only to people that pay for it? I was just making fun of the fact that it would be paying extra to ruin the balance of the campaign that's specifically supposed to be more difficult with limited resources.

I don't believe that. I believe they locked the content to make more money.

This is Arkham Knight garbage all over again.

Conquest is $20 if you've already bought Birthright.  Birthright is a full Fire Emblem game.  It is not half a game, when looking at FE games in the past.  They didn't cut content from a traditional length FE game to make Conquest.  Conquest is basically a sequel released at the same time as the original.  (My speculation here)  They knew charging $60 for a 3DS game would get them nowhere, so they came up with this dual release structure.  It's not a copy/paste job like Pokemon.  These are different games in the same world.  It would be like if they released Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn at the same time instead of having them be released at two separate times on two separate systems.

Now it also didn't hurt, either, that they knew FE fans are hardcore enough to buy both games.  Not going to deny that Nintendo is looking to get more money per user out of us here, but they've also upped the content to basically two full games worth for the cost, as well.  Therefore, the higher cost seems much more reasonable than something like Pokemon where you pay full price for two games (not even a discount on the second game) in order to get the last few Pokemon unique to the other title.

Discounts seem to be working for me. GCU applies only to the physical game, so the prices look like this in my cart...

Birthright / Conquest cartridge - $31.99

Birthright / Conquest digital code - $39.99
Birthright + Conquest (1 cartridge + 1 DLC) - $51.99
Map Pack 1 DLC - $12.99

Revelation DLC - $14.99
Is this a cheaper alternative to getting all three campaigns as opposed to the Special Edition bundle?

Is this a cheaper alternative to getting all three campaigns as opposed to the Special Edition bundle?
No, because with the SE, you get 20% discount on all three (20% off base game @ $40, 20% of other game @ $20, 20% off DLC @ $20). With this you get 20% off base game @ $40, 0% off other game @ $20, 25% off DLC @ $20). $64 for SE vs. $67 for this deal.

Plus the SE has all the other stuff that comes with it.

Without GCU, this is better than the special edition. With GCU, special edition is cheaper than all three in this bundle. That's because even if you get the Birthright + Conquest bundle as a single $60 item, it's only taking the discount off the $40 portion. (I didn't buy the Special Edition so I can't check but I assume the 20% discount applies entirely because it's a single physical item)

Special Edition (I assume): $64

Cartridge + 2 DLC campaigns: $67

On the other hand, if you plan to get the extra map pack:

Special Edition + Map pack 1: $82

Cartridge + all DLC in this bundle: $80

bread's done
Back