FUTURE SHOP - Existing pre-orders gone?

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!
When FS morphed into BB last year, it maintained a skeleton of futureshop.ca, which allowed you to log in to your account and check on, and/or modify your existing orders. Do to various E3 promos over the past few years, this was something I made use of when having to update payment info, etc.

I now just get forwarded directly to bestbuy.ca automatically when trying to access any part of futureshop.ca, and am totally unable to access those old existing FS pre-orders - trying to search by order number while inputting an FS order number on the BB site yields nothing. 

Just wondering if anyone has figured a way around, or are those pre-orders just dead now?

Very interesting question, the site is gone. I doubt the orders are gone, but we probably need to phone customer service to update payment info now.

I only have 1 game remaining with FS, and that's Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem for $40. They better not have lost the order, it's not even possible to pre-order it anywhere else.

^Best Buy has it for pre-order. I pre-ordered it during the 30% promo they had. Also, if I remember correctly, Futureshop stated that any remaining orders will be directed by Best Buy now. 

Your best bet would be to call them up, and make sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, FS stated that and it has been the case up until this week. I was always able to access my order history via the futureshop.ca page, and would call Best Buy to make any changes or adjustments. I experienced much shittier service on said pre-orders (everything but 1 item has been late, sometimes more than a week), but now it's like they don't even exist.

I'll have to fish through my email and hope that the order numbers are there, and then I'll try giving BB a call.

I'll have to fish through my email and hope that the order numbers are there, and then I'll try giving BB a call.
You don't get the 'we're still trying' emails every 2 weeks? The order# is in the subject line of every one of those. I'm just going to wait till my next one arrives (or doesn't) before worrying about this. When it arrives it may have new self-service links and such.

When I called to update my payment card info back in June, they simply converted all of my FS pre-orders to Best Buy pre-orders so now they all show up under my Best Buy account.  All discounts intact.  

bread's done
Back