Xenoblade Chronicles Wii $42.13 Amazon

Here it is. It'll likely be that International Edition that's starting to flood the online markets these days. Still if you want a disc copy it's an equitable trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, saw this in the Q&A section:

I've actually contacted Nintendo's anti-piracy department (https://ap.nintendo.com) about these U.A.E./Saudi Arabia/Malaysia/Singapore copies of Nintendo published games that keep popping up everywhere (especially here on the Amazon Marketplace and Ebay), usually games that tend to be more difficult to find (whether that's due to Nintendo's frustrating tendency/policy to limit retail copy production for many of their games or retail stores failing to restock their shelves, I can't be sure). I was told that these versions are, in all likelihood, illegally produced, counterfeit copies. At the very least, they said they are not authorized for sale in the U.S./North American market. Considering the propensity of the third-party retailers/sellers to put profit before all else, I have no doubt that these games are likely pirated, albeit high-quality, fakes.

Just FYI, saw this in the Q&A section:
Wow, had no idea that was a thing. The Wii had pretty serious piracy control at least when it comes to discs, could they really make a fake that good? SS played perfectly on my Wii, was recognized by the main screen and booted up the proper logo and everything.

And of course I got that freaking copy from Gamestop of all places :booty:

Wow, had no idea that was a thing. The Wii had pretty serious piracy control at least when it comes to discs, could they really make a fake that good? SS played perfectly on my Wii, was recognized by the main screen and booted up the proper logo and everything.

I'm sure it's legit, why would someone make an identical fake then stamp the Saudi Arabia/Malaysia thing on there, doesn't make sense. I'm sure Nintendo is just using caution and saying they weren't manufactured for NA region. I would say buyer beware though obviously.

I'm sure it's legit, why would someone make an identical fake then stamp the Saudi Arabia/Malaysia thing on there, doesn't make sense. I'm sure Nintendo is just using caution and saying they weren't manufactured for NA region. I would say buyer beware though obviously.
How can a billion dollar company not even be aware of their own production capabilities...

Ninty finds newer and newer ways to confound fuck

And who are these internet detectives spreading all of this hysteria about fakes? Lol and of all things a Wii game that came out when the console was dead, and counterfeiters go out of their way to sell this single game alone instead of the usual "Super Happy Fun Time 400-in-1 combo r2d2umadbro?" compilations :baby:

AFAIK the UAE copies are legit. The thing is Nintendo had an agreement with Gamestop for US exclusivity of the release but good luck finding Gamestop copies new at a decent price, let alone used by the employees/sticker residue everywhere.

Alternatively, you can do what I did and purchase a mint used copy from Amazon that is the US version. The positive thing about the International version is that it has brought down the price in general for the used market (at least on Amazon).

The Wii is one of the most pirated consoles out there. All you need is an external hard drive or a spindle of blank DVDs and you've got the entire Wii library on hand.

Alternatively, you can do what I did and purchase a mint used copy from Amazon that is the US version. The positive thing about the International version is that it has brought down the price in general for the used market (at least on Amazon).
I think I'll do this instead. I won $50 last night from the Super Bowl, so I guess I'll consider this my prize from the night :D/

I have a mint used copy. I bought the 3ds version because the game just looks bad on an HDTV. I'm trading/selling my Wii version. I bought it on launch day & has never been out of my possession.

I have a mint used copy. I bought the 3ds version because the game just looks bad on an HDTV. I'm trading/selling my Wii version. I bought it on launch day & has never been out of my possession.
Get Dolphin Emulator, game looks amazing on it. That's how I played it and it was dope... small screen doesn't do this game justice, honestly. Hell, I preferred the game on the Wii than the DS.

Didn't the 3ds version have jaggies out the wahzoo?

Didn't the 3ds version have jaggies out the wahzoo?
Both versions do, but the 3d masks that for me. I'd much rather play it on a console, but it's not possible for me. I tried hooking it up to my old school SDTV, and it's so blurry it's hard to comprehend how I played any games on that console. I never even opened my Last Story CE :(. I hate that I have to be immersed in a beautiful game world to enjoy games. I'd love to be able to go back & play games I missed in earlier generations, but I just can't. It's very strange how 3d gives me that sense of immersion when the graphics can't do it alone. I'm thankful, though. I did try to use the Dolphin Emulator, but I never could find a drive that would rip the games & wasn't gonna pirate.

Both versions do, but the 3d masks that for me. I'd much rather play it on a console, but it's not possible for me. I tried hooking it up to my old school SDTV, and it's so blurry it's hard to comprehend how I played any games on that console. I never even opened my Last Story CE :(. I hate that I have to be immersed in a beautiful game world to enjoy games. I'd love to be able to go back & play games I missed in earlier generations, but I just can't. It's very strange how 3d gives me that sense of immersion when the graphics can't do it alone. I'm thankful, though. I did try to use the Dolphin Emulator, but I never could find a drive that would rip the games & wasn't gonna pirate.
Are you using component cables?

How can a billion dollar company not even be aware of their own production capabilities...

Ninty finds newer and newer ways to confound fuck

And who are these internet detectives spreading all of this hysteria about fakes? Lol and of all things a Wii game that came out when the console was dead, and counterfeiters go out of their way to sell this single game alone instead of the usual "Super Happy Fun Time 400-in-1 combo r2d2umadbro?" compilations :baby:
Reviewer calls nintendo's 800 number. Some $10 an hour call center guy makes up an answer on the fly. Internet takes it for the gospel truth. Such a wonderful life!

AFAIK the UAE copies are legit. The thing is Nintendo had an agreement with Gamestop for US exclusivity of the release but good luck finding Gamestop copies new at a decent price, let alone used by the employees/sticker residue everywhere.
And because GS opened all of the reprints so they could charge $90 for them. Fun times.

Are you using component cables?
Yes, on the HDTV (obviously not on the SDTV). I mean games like Okami, and Skyward Sword look okay because of the art style, but Xenoblade is a much bigger game so I nderstand it had to sacrifice in some regards. Unfortunately, I can't control what makes me like a game, and I am a graphics whore. I do like it on 3ds. I just had to power through some of it on Wii. I actually stopped playing my Wii once I got a current gen console. I think the mental comparison is what makes it so bad. I know I thought games on Wii looked great prior to current gen (like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2).

For anyone who cares, this International version has Japanese audio and English subtitles as an option. I think the U.S. version only had English audio.

US version of Xenoblade for the Wii has dual audio [English and Japanese], but the 3DS version only has English audio. While the dubs on this game aren't the most horribly offensive, I still GREATLY prefer the Japanese audio. The quality of voice acting is just so much better. 3DS version isn't bad, but you can tell they didn't put any time or effort into optimization. Draw distance is noticeably shorter in the 3DS release as well. As bad as Wii games look on an HDTV, this one isn't terrible.

Ultimately I'd recommend the original Wii release as the 'best', but if you can't afford it/can't find a copy/don't have a Wii, there's nothing wrong with owning the 3DS release. Regardless of platform, I still consider it one of the best RPGs in the past decade. 

Just my two cents

Oh I see, my bad :)

Now if only Last Story had a dual audio option...While English only isn't the end of the world, I prefer Japanese audio as well.

Oh I see, my bad :)

Now if only Last Story had a dual audio option...While English only isn't the end of the world, I prefer Japanese audio as well.
I don't think English only is the worst, but holy crap when I went from Japanese XC on the Wii straight to English-only XCX on the Wii U, it broke my heart. I can't stand listening to most of the cast of that game

I can't stand reading subtitles, but this game should have been localized in the US with American English actors, IMHO, as the voice acting is not good.

bread's done
Back