Pre-Ordering on Amazon Very Early yields great results

Warruz

CAGiversary!
Pre-ordering games extremely early has paid off on Amazon three times now, and at this point suggest others do the same to get the best potential for discounts. Here are the three scenarios that played out:

#1- Dark Souls III for $30

During Cyber Monday Amazon offered a 20% discount of pre-ordered games, I decided to snag Dark Souls III and Ratchet and Clank during this time, two games I knew I would be buying very close to release already. However some times after Dark Souls III was announced, a new sku for a Day 1 edition popped up and subsequently was announced that it did exist. Having the discount, I didn't want to cancel my pre-order so I contacted Amazon about moving it to the Day 1 Edition, they obliged and gave me a $20 discount for my troubles. Of course after this all happened, the 20% prime discounted was started and I now am able to get $30 off Dark Souls III

Proof- [attachment=20353:darksouls3for30.PNG]

#2- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

This one is quite straight forward, initially this game was listed as a book due to some listing error, after being listed as a book it's price was dropped to $28.50. I pre-ordered at this point and eventually the listing was corrected, well due to this switch over it, the prime discount double dipped, resulting in the price coming out at $20 and some change.

Proof- [attachment=20354:Valkfor20.PNG]

#3- Halo 5

The least interesting of the bunch, but simply put this was when Amazon was playing around with the prime discounted initially. First it was discounted $7, and after some time it was changed to $10, however since I pre-ordered, this simply stacked and resulted in the price being $46.

Proof- [attachment=20355:halo5for46.PNG]

MY point in all of this, is that it pays to pre-order early as possible with Amazon. Mislisted items can result in double dipping prime discounts, limited time deals with moved sku's results in credits, or simply holding a pre-order forever has a chance for more deals.

Whenever I hear or see one of those posts online where someone is utterly confused as to why anyone preorders games, and tells us we shouldnt this is always what I tell them. They all act like when you preorder a game you pay in full up front. I dont know where they preorder but they are doing it wrong. I have saved so much money preordering from Amazon when the price falls to a crazy low price for a few minutes and Amazon honors it for me. And if shipping day comes and there was no discount you can just cancel it.

It doesn't seem to pay off anymore though since there was such a big deal made about it on every site.

Have a few pre-orders that were ordered before the discount, and now when the discount is active on the listing, the pre-orders not only not get the double discount, they don't even have the regular 20% off applied.

It was fun while it lasted. :*(

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't seem to pay off anymore though since there was such a big deal made about it on every site.

Have a few pre-orders that were ordered before the discount, and now when the discount is active on the listing, the pre-orders not only not get the double discount, they don't even have the regular 20% off applied.

It was fun while it lasted. :*(
I have tons pre-ordered but there is usually one theme surrounding all of them (so far, this may change), if enough about the product changes within its pre-order life, it double dips. All the ones that don't dip, never have their product information changed in any major way at any point, all the ones that do have some sort of change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tons pre-ordered but there is usually one theme surrounding all of them (so far, this may change), if enough about the product changes within its pre-order life, it double dips. All the ones that don't dip, never have their product information changed in any major way at any point, all the ones that do have some sort of change.
How many new orders have you tried it on lately though? (within last week I'm talking about)

The ones I got doubled on never had changes on their product information, and they still have the double discounts on there.

How many new orders have you tried it on lately though? (within last week I'm talking about)

The ones I got doubled on never had changes on their product information, and they still have the double discounts on there.
Nothing as of now, but of course the only thing new added to my pre-order list was Pokemon Sun. If I get anymore il report back

I wondered why my Valkyria Chronicles Remastered pre-order was listed at $17.99... Definitely an error, but it's probably good that they corrected it. They still have to make money on the games they sell. 

I wondered why my Valkyria Chronicles Remastered pre-order was listed at $17.99... Definitely an error, but it's probably good that they corrected it. They still have to make money on the games they sell.
Lol yeah, it was oddly a book. I should of most likely pre-ordered the Sega 3D collection, but I doubt that will be a hard to find item or something I need day 1.

bread's done
Back