* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#30151 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:42 PM

Is Persona Q2 a direct sequel to Q1 (i.e. do I need to have played Q1 to understand Q2)?

#30152 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

Is Persona Q2 a direct sequel to Q1 (i.e. do I need to have played Q1 to understand Q2)?

No they're almost entirely separate from what I can tell

#30153 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

The Limited Run Switch and PS4 release of VA-11 Hall-A is up for preorder today, looking forward to getting a physical copy. I know some of you are fans of the game (me too)

#30154 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:32 PM

Yup ordered my copy on Switch with blasphemous (last day) and Stranger Things 3 I'm hyped!

#30155 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1935 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:56 PM

Play-asia is running a free shipping deal for cyber week.

#30156 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4685 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

I can never remember if there’s anything I want to get from Play-Asia whenever they run these deals.

#30157 bigstew  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

I can never remember if there’s anything I want to get from Play-Asia whenever they run these deals.

best to just look for affordable backlog editions, i always forget either a code or the coupon, not really great deals on alot of their stuff but they have stock of some titles that might have been difficult to import from other sites

#30158 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

USA only

#30159 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:05 PM

Im super excited this game finally got a release date in america. 

Been following it since it was annouced in Japan.

Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold - 2/14

#30160 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:23 AM

DQ 123 is what I’m considering getting. Dunno what else.

#30161 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:54 AM

Not sure if this has expired.

#30162 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:09 AM

Speaking of play-asia coupons, someone on one of my facebook groups made the remark that... if you read the fine print behind the coupon, you're absolutely NOT supposed to share them! (point #4) Even a vague threat of cancellations. So I suppose this means they can trace the coupon code to your order number and then to your account? And potentially lock up your account?

Just sharing what I learned the other day -- don't shoot the messenger here.

#30163 Tothoro  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:50 AM

Speaking of play-asia coupons, someone on one of my facebook groups made the remark that... if you read the fine print behind the coupon, you're absolutely NOT supposed to share them! (point #4) Even a vague threat of cancellations. So I suppose this means they can trace the coupon code to your order number and then to your account? And potentially lock up your account?

Just sharing what I learned the other day -- don't shoot the messenger here.

Years ago, someone mentioned a CS rep reaching out about it when they used someone else's code. It wasn't a "how dare you, we're cancelling your order inquiry" but more of a "we don't understand why you're using someone else's coupon" inquiry.

So they can trace the coupons, yes, but I don't know if they'll do anything punitive about sharing them. It'd be news if they did but you never know.

#30164 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:35 AM

Looks like it was expired anyway. Thought it was common to share their coupons.

#30165 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:56 AM

I doubt Playasia would ban over coupon sharing. The whole point of the coupon is to entice the customer to buy more stuff. If the original person or another uses it Playasia still gets its money instead of no one using it & not getting any revenue.
If the coupons were stackable or abused in a way not intended sure, but that's not the case.

#30166 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

just read a story that Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 combo pack for SWITCH has been listed the same greek store that leaked the AC Black Flag / Rogue ahead of it being publicly unveiled.  Hopefully this comes true as I would rather play it on Switch but the $80-$90 import is not in english.  Also, I hope they further optimize it.

#30167 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 AM

I guess not enough people showed interested in Dusk trilogy physical when they did that survey a while back

I will still get them as I never got the plus versions of these but probably wait for a sale then, already have them on PS3.

#30168 NeoMonk  

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 AM

I guess not enough people showed interested in Dusk trilogy physical when they did that survey a while back

I will still get them as I never got the plus versions of these but probably wait for a sale then, already have them on PS3.

PlayAsia  has the Asian version up for preorder it comes with English/Japanese Audio & English subs.

All 3 games in the cartridge. 

#30169 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 AM

Play Asia is offering some kind of English version of the game for Switch, though it says "Please ensure the Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet to start the software update for English version" which kinda sounds like it won't have all the games on the cartridge. 

I'm on the fence about it, but have a copy preordered with a streamer's 5% off coupon code, which comes out to an additional $4.50 off and no tax. Also shipping is free through the 9th.

#30170 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Play Asia is offering some kind of English version of the game for Switch, though it says "Please ensure the Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet to start the software update for English version" which kinda sounds like it won't have all the games on the cartridge. 

I'm on the fence about it, but have a copy preordered with a streamer's 5% off coupon code, which comes out to an additional $4.50 off and no tax. Also shipping is free through the 9th.

Maybe the english voices are a download? I know a lot of games in the west have had japanese voices as a separate download. I prefer japanese voices for atelier series anyway so if that's the case it wouldn't be an issue for me.

#30171 bigstew  

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 AM

5$ off playasia code good till the 10th

es-x54-2ke

#30172 NeoMonk  

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Maybe the english voices are a download? I know a lot of games in the west have had japanese voices as a separate download. I prefer japanese voices for atelier series anyway so if that's the case it wouldn't be an issue for me.

That's how I took it, you download the English patch.

PlayAsia also confirmed all 3 games are in the cartridge. 

#30173 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7644 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Im super excited this game finally got a release date in america. 

Been following it since it was annouced in Japan.

Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold - 2/14

I imported this recently.

*headdesk*

#30174 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

They could include Ayesha on an 8gb cartridge and the "Update" would be the other two games. Yes you get all the games with a single cartridge, but the data isn't there. Kinda like Final Fantasy X/X-2 on Switch.

#30175 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5012 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

They could include Ayesha on an 8gb cartridge and the "Update" would be the other two games. Yes you get all the games with a single cartridge, but the data isn't there. Kinda like Final Fantasy X/X-2 on Switch.

They confirmed on Twitter that all 3 games on the cartridge, which seems to be more common for Asian releases.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

#30176 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 PM

I imported this recently.

*headdesk*

Any good?

#30177 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

Any good?

Level 5 so should be good.

#30178 Pets0undz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Pets0undz

Posted Today, 12:15 AM

w00t. Got tickets to see Miku in Boston and Toronto. Anyone got a good playlist that includes post-Diva F 2nd songs?

#30179 NeoMonk  

Posted Today, 10:08 AM

#30180 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   869 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:06 PM

The Music DLC pretty much doubles the game data size on Vita so that's probably what they cut to fit it on a single cart.