* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#33631 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:09 AM

Don't think it mentioned yet, but the West will not get physical copies of Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water. Only PS4 and Switch copies are being printed for Asian territories; PS5, Xbox One, Series S/X are digital-only worldwide.

Certain costumes from WiiU version also got axed from this release.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#33632 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 30 July 2021 - 02:48 PM

Don't think it mentioned yet, but the West will not get physical copies of Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water. Only PS4 and Switch copies are being printed for Asian territories; PS5, Xbox One, Series S/X are digital-only worldwide.

Bummer. Looks like Play-Asia removed their listings for the NA pre-orders.

#33633 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24251 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 04:50 PM

Bummer. Looks like Play-Asia removed their listings for the NA pre-orders.

I had a copy pre-ordered and that just leads to a 404 error now.:-( 

#33634 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5754 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:02 PM

Can you elaborate?

#33635 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:15 PM

Can you elaborate?

The 2 skimpy outfits in the JP WiiU got cut, same goes for the NA Princess Zelda and Samus. Both regions will have 2 less outfits respectively. The Zelda and Samus probably understandable with licensing constrain, but I don't think the other 2 has to do anything with licensing issue.

#33636 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:11 PM

Got refunded for Drakengard 3 at Playasia. I figured the $30 was too good to be true lol

#33637 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:35 PM

Saw that. Fortunately, there will still be the physical Asian English release for PS4. That works for me.

#33638 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1665 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:39 PM

Anyone getting maiden of black water japan version? Should I cancel and get the Asian version?

#33639 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:39 PM

The 2 skimpy outfits in the JP WiiU got cut, same goes for the NA Princess Zelda and Samus. Both regions will have 2 less outfits respectively. The Zelda and Samus probably understandable with licensing constrain, but I don't think the other 2 has to do anything with licensing issue.

It's fine. NA never got the Japanese costumes anyways, and of course, now that this is a multiplatform title, the removal of the Nintendo costumes is expected.

For those looking for some more skin, the news said each character would have a swimsuit costume.

Also excited for the new Ayane story.

#33640 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:41 PM

Anyone getting maiden of black water japan version? Should I cancel and get the Asian version?

You're probably fine, but I'm just going to stick to the Asian version since PlayAsia confirms that one has English support.

#33641 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:44 PM

The main reason I was thinking of getting the Japanese version over the Asian version is because I already have a JP PSN account in case they do free costume dlc or something

#33642 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24251 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:05 AM

Saw that. Fortunately, there will still be the physical Asian English release for PS4. That works for me.

Is there a link to preorder that version somewhere? All I see on PA are JP and EU versions. 

#33643 Tothoro  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:10 AM

Is there a link to preorder that version somewhere? All I see on PA are JP and EU versions. 

PS4: https://www.play-asi...glish/13/70epdv

Switch: https://www.play-asi...glish/13/70enmn

PS4 link is Asia, but it's confusing because the "preliminary picture" (placeholder) they have up has French on it.

#33644 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:10 AM

Here is the Asia English version:
https://www.play-asi...glish/13/70epdv

#33645 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 31 July 2021 - 02:29 AM

Just a reminder Playasia free shipping promo ending in about 8h or so

#33646 guy3467  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 02:01 PM

Hey, I had a question for anyone who has reached Daimyo or higher with Playasia's loyalty program. Have you gotten any exclusive promotions for being at that level, and if you have, what ones? 

#33647 Tothoro  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 02:44 PM

Hey, I had a question for anyone who has reached Daimyo or higher with Playasia's loyalty program. Have you gotten any exclusive promotions for being at that level, and if you have, what ones? 

I've been at Daimyo for a while and haven't gotten anything. It resets your rank every year (kinda like BBY rewards) so there's a possibility they sent something out while I was working my way back up to Daimyo, but I'm skeptical because I've also never seen anyone else mention any exclusive promotions.

#33648 caggamers  

caggamers

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:20 PM

So this is NOT a definitive edition, then. Sad that it's full priced yet it's missing content from the original. Normal for gaming today, I guess.

#33649 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:02 PM

I've been at Daimyo for a while and haven't gotten anything. It resets your rank every year (kinda like BBY rewards) so there's a possibility they sent something out while I was working my way back up to Daimyo, but I'm skeptical because I've also never seen anyone else mention any exclusive promotions.

I just checked mine and I'm at Daimyo too, never received any special offers either. However, I think it only resets yours experience at that level when it's been a year. The rank you get to, you stay on for another year if you don't rank up before then. At least, thats my take from the way it's worded.

#33650 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:33 PM

So this is NOT a definitive edition, then. Sad that it's full priced yet it's missing content from the original. Normal for gaming today, I guess.

There will never be a definitive version of this game, at least as it comes to the costumes. Frankly, this new release is pretty darn good since it also includes the new Ayane story that was not part of the Wii U release.

#33651 cactustrav77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

cactustrav77

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:34 AM

Had fatal frame ps4 US version preordered from playasia. They took that down and I got an email that only the Asian version is getting a disc. Said I could switch it to the Asian version but I've only ordered 2 things from them before. Anyone know how to go about that? Hopefully since I ordered when shipping was free they will still have free shipping.

#33652 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:37 AM

Had fatal frame ps4 US version preordered from playasia. They took that down and I got an email that only the Asian version is getting a disc. Said I could switch it to the Asian version but I've only ordered 2 things from them before. Anyone know how to go about that? Hopefully since I ordered when shipping was free they will still have free shipping.

They would switch it for for you AFAIK, however, please double check and verify the price. If there is a price difference between the asian version and what was supposed to be the NA version, they will assume you're okay with any increased costs. The free shipping they will honor though, that I am fairly confident about.

In your response to them, just ask them to confirm everything you have concerns about

#33653 cactustrav77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

cactustrav77

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:50 AM

They would switch it for for you AFAIK, however, please double check and verify the price. If there is a price difference between the asian version and what was supposed to be the NA version, they will assume you're okay with any increased costs. The free shipping they will honor though, that I am fairly confident about.
In your response to them, just ask them to confirm everything you have concerns about

They are both $59.99 but I used a promo code for $3 off too. Just figured I would get the US version as I'm in the US. Have a hk account so dlc shouldn't be an issue.

#33654 Tothoro  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 01:08 AM

If you just respond that to their email, they'll get you taken care of. Bit of a language barrier, but they don't generally give customers grief in these situations. Happened to me a handful of times in the past and I had no issues swapping the item or getting a refund.

I just checked mine and I'm at Daimyo too, never received any special offers either. However, I think it only resets yours experience at that level when it's been a year. The rank you get to, you stay on for another year if you don't rank up before then. At least, thats my take from the way it's worded.

It's possible, I just read it as "after one year you get dropped back down", but the wording isn't super clear.  My rank is apparently good until 2/14 so I don't think I'll be able to speak to that particular element with certainty until then.

#33655 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:31 PM

Made it to the 4th dungeon in p5 vanilla. This ones a bit repetitive. I do appreciate the Egyptian theme though. It's too bad they didn't make the town the hub and let you buy items and such from there.

#33656 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1998 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 02:09 AM

Just a heads up, Neo:The World Ends with you has gone down to $49.94 at gamestop again. If I was willing to go through the whole buy and return, I would but I don't really feel like making that trip.

#33657 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:10 AM

Just a heads up, Neo:The World Ends with you has gone down to $49.94 at gamestop again. If I was willing to go through the whole buy and return, I would but I don't really feel like making that trip.

Looks like Amazon pricematched it.

I considered grabbing it since I liked the demo but I think I'll play the first game or watch the anime before I get the sequel.

#33658 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3872 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 03:38 PM

Finished the story in TWEWY Final Remix on Switch late Saturday night.  Thinking back, I never did finish it on DS.  I think I finished 1/3 of the game (to the first major plot twist) and then put a pause on it.  That was well worth playing on switch and I just did the single joycon the whole way through.  I didn't bother to co-op/dual-wield any of it.  Perfectly playable.  I even got used to scratching the background for certain pins.  And that soundtrack even more amazing than I remembered.   Only major negatives were that pins don't have any options to sort.  Made going through them a bit of a pain at times so I often just stuck with what I was using and then would update to the same type pins.  I didn't use any health pins.   Also music... this game should have had a streamlined music player.  Took a few too many steps to drill into the inventory to listen to tracks.   I'll get back to this for the after game stuff later.

Sunday I opened Neo TWEWY and continued from where I left off with the demo on Switch.  I played through the next two story days.  SOOOO damned amazing.  Soundtrack is even better than Final Remix (which seems impossible).  While I got used to the single joycon on Final Remix... playing with the pro controller is so great.  Unlocking hard mode and a bunch of other stuff like the social network bit and having health bars for the enemies as well as cash pins auto converting to cash.  Good stuff.  Hard mode with health turned down was still a bit easy for stuff but then it ramped up with the Shark enemies and some of the higher tier wolf like creatures.   I love so much about this game.  Glad I finished Final Remix instead of putting it off like I did with the DS version (which I still have).   I was a bit worried I'd get burned out by too much TWEWY... but that doesn't seem possible.

I think there's a pretty good chance Neo TWEWY could end up a single print.  I'm sooooooooo glad I gave the demo a full play and didn't give up early in it.  I love how it opens up and the pacing to just chill and explore and level grind is great.

#33659 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5754 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 04:41 PM

I can’t imagine playing TWEWY on anything other than a dual screen system where at least one of them is a touch screen.

#33660 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3872 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 04:48 PM

I can’t imagine playing TWEWY on anything other than a dual screen system where at least one of them is a touch screen.

I couldn't either until I did it.  The convenience of Switch (which I play regularly) was hard for me to pass up.   It worked surprisingly well with the single joycon.  And that music...  the remix version on Final Remix is excellent.  The graphics update also was well done.  I played this in my living room which is a 55" plasma.