* * * * - 29 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#34411 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:18 PM

We posted about that sale Nov 22, btw.

Thanks for checking, for a second there I thought they discounted stuff further since the sale started.

Actually surprised both death end re:quest games are still in stock though

#34412 elessar123  

Posted Yesterday, 07:27 PM

Yea, I only wondered because I remember buying DE;R 1&2. Although it hasn't made it to me yet.

#34413 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6821 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 08:18 PM

So I started dragon quest 8 today on my ps2 and I've encountered the strangest thing I've ever seen.  I started it and the l3 is the x button, square works for the map, r3 does 1st person mode, start takes you to a talking thing with Yangus and select to a menu with trode for the mons you have fought and such.    I tried 3 different controllers and 3 different black slim ps2's and encountered the same issue on all of them.  I haven't used my main in a while and the other 2 are backups I haven't used at all. The one ps2 controller and such was still in the box with the receipt from best buy from 2007 iirc and the controller was still in the plastic untouched and wrapped.  So I'm not sure what I can do to fix this problem and I have a few ps2 titles still in my backlog so if I can't fix it that will suck.

#34414 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted Yesterday, 08:56 PM

So I started dragon quest 8 today on my ps2 and I've encountered the strangest thing I've ever seen.  I started it and the l3 is the x button, square works for the map, r3 does 1st person mode, start takes you to a talking thing with Yangus and select to a menu with trode for the mons you have fought and such.    I tried 3 different controllers and 3 different black slim ps2's and encountered the same issue on all of them.  I haven't used my main in a while and the other 2 are backups I haven't used at all. The one ps2 controller and such was still in the box with the receipt from best buy from 2007 iirc and the controller was still in the plastic untouched and wrapped.  So I'm not sure what I can do to fix this problem and I have a few ps2 titles still in my backlog so if I can't fix it that will suck.

With the exception of L3 acting as X /R3 acting like R2, which is definitely odd, that sounds like it's the controls for the game:

https://strategywiki...d_King/Controls

Is it an official first party controller? I'm wondering if it has some kind of button combination to hold you can toggle between modes/remaps or something, if it's third-party.

#34415 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6821 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM

With the exception of L3 acting as X /R3 acting like R2, which is definitely odd, that sounds like it's the controls for the game:

https://strategywiki...d_King/Controls

Is it an official first party controller? I'm wondering if it has some kind of button combination to hold you can toggle between modes/remaps or something, if it's third-party.

as I said though triangle circle and x aren't doing anything.  Controller wise all 3 are regular corded ps2 controllers that came with the systems. the one was still brand new and unopened even.  I tried plugging them in only part way, using different slots and what have you and nothing seemed to work.  But it repeated across 3 different ps2 slims. 

#34416 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9840 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

The cockroaches inside your machine remapped the buttons.  :oldman: :ps2:  

#34417 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3556 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:44 PM

We posted about that sale Nov 22, btw.

Ah my bad, I saw it posted on Twitter yesterday morning and assumed the sale had just started since it's listed as a 'Holiday 2021' sale (as opposed to Black Friday/Cyber Week/etc).

#34418 elessar123  

Posted Today, 06:53 PM

Ah my bad, I saw it posted on Twitter yesterday morning and assumed the sale had just started since it's listed as a 'Holiday 2021' sale (as opposed to Black Friday/Cyber Week/etc).

You can repost deals; it's just a heads up that it's the same sale and you might have already missed some stuff.

And you can go back and see what else is for sale that people think is a good deal, etc.