* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#4321 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Is Tales of Hearts R worth tracking down a copy of? I saw Tales of Zestria for $20 and I figured before I grab ToZ, get the other Tales game I am currently missing since I can always grab ToZ on Steam if needed.

yes

#4322 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37622 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

Is Tales of Hearts R worth tracking down a copy of? I saw Tales of Zestria for $20 and I figured before I grab ToZ, get the other Tales game I am currently missing since I can always grab ToZ on Steam if needed.

Absolutely. It's probably my favorite Tales since Vesperia.

#4323 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

I'd say yes. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and will one day go back and finish all of the trophies. I actually took it with my on my honeymoon, and played it whenever we had downtime/tired from everything else.

#4324 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, R was awesome. It was much more in the 'classic' tales style (like Symphonia or Vesperia), which we just don't get anymore.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

#4325 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

Or you can just counter Bastion

Thats the point though. A half decent Bastion forces you to stop playing the objective to focus on killing it. A good Bastion plus good teammates is damn near impossible to drop quickly.

So its pretty much GG if you are on Offense, especially in Transport.

He needs a lot of changes. His 200 magazine size is stupidly huge and gives him constant firing uptime, he can rotate 360 degrees full speed while firing, and he can drop full health+armor Tank heroes in barely 2 seconds. Hell look at his bullet spread, he can nail you from halfway across the map with the accuracy of a rifle, thats fucking stupid for a minigun.

#4326 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

Gundam Breaker 3 Looks Quite Good on PS4 in 1080p Screenshots Aplenty and Gameplay Video

Spoiler

Silicon Studio’s Advanced New Rendering Engine “Mizuchi” Already Working on PS4 on a Game

#4327 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

Star Fox Puppets Star in Two New Star Fox Zero Clips
Spoiler

Super Mario Maker Easter Egg Pays Tribute To Mario Paint
Spoiler

#4328 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5340 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:29 PM

Absolutely. It's probably my favorite Tales since Vesperia.

Yeah, R was awesome. It was much more in the 'classic' tales style (like Symphonia or Vesperia), which we just don't get anymore.

I agree with this as well.  Its a shame too since it was a low budget release where as zestiria had a full budget and wasn't outsourced.  I can't imagine how great it could of been with a bigger budget.

#4329 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Thats the point though. A half decent Bastion forces you to stop playing the objective to focus on killing it. A good Bastion plus good teammates is damn near impossible to drop quickly.

So its pretty much GG if you are on Offense, especially in Transport.

He needs a lot of changes. His 200 magazine size is stupidly huge and gives him constant firing uptime, he can rotate 360 degrees full speed while firing, and he can drop full health+armor Tank heroes in barely 2 seconds. Hell look at his bullet spread, he can nail you from halfway across the map with the accuracy of a rifle, thats fucking stupid for a minigun.

Just pick Genji and hit reflect. Or dash around him with Tracer. Or strafe missile with Phara. Or charge him with Reinhardt. Or buster shot him with Symmetra. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Bastion does some great damage, and his transformation's fast, but it's not that hard to stop him from getting set. As for a nerf, slowing his rotation would do the trick.

Bastion's frustrating, but he's very beatable. This is a git gud situation when concerning him. He has great advantage at choke points or when people forget hes there. But he has incredibly low health and is a free kill for characters like Soldier 76 with a clip and rockets

Of course, nothing you can do if your team is shit. Unless they magically become competent. Otherwise, quit the match. Normally I would complain. But since the character select isnt locked like in Mobas, i see no need. You have the ability to adapt to each situation. Basically depends if you or your team wants to.

#4330 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

Completely off-topic but I won Severed in a Hardcore Gamer giveaway earlier. So far pretty cool, really different kind of dungeon crawler. Btw, lucky! :D/ Now I'm swimming in DRPGs at the moment though, and I'm still waiting on Moero Crystal to get a date. I'm starting to lose hope on that one unfortunately. It's not even in Play-Asia's Asia English section like all the other games, unless I missed it. Plus they don't respond on Twitter or anything. :cry:

Edit: Also, I think Tales of Hearts R is great. I really liked that game! But then it is a Tales game on the Vita, I'm going to anyways, regardless. So...

#4331 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Just pick Genji and hit reflect. Or dash around him with Tracer. Or strafe missile with Phara. Or charge him with Reinhardt. Or buster shot him with Symmetra. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Bastion does some great damage, and his transformation's fast, but it's not that hard to stop him from getting set. As for a nerf, slowing his rotation would do the trick.

Bastion's frustrating, but he's very beatable. This is a git gud situation when concerning him. He has great advantage at choke points or when people forget hes there. Bu1t he has incredibly low health and is a free kill for characters like Soldier 76 with a clip and rockets

Of course, nothing you can do if your team is shit. Unless they magically become competent. Otherwise, quit the match. Normally I would complain. But since the character select isnt locked like in Mobas, i see no need. You have the ability to adapt to each situation. Basically depends if you or your team wants to.

I can take a solo Bastion all day, its not fun, but its doable. The problem is when his teammates are competent as well, and you end up with tickets to Camptown USA where you die instantly if you dare cross into their territory even if you pop something like Winstons Ultimate and have a healer on your back.

The fact he's easily one of the most overplayed Heroes doesnt help when you see atleast one per match, and they are getting Play of the Game 90% of the time sitting in corners spraying

Thats the weirdest part. Its hard to call him OP, the game just seems to weirdly reward that playstyle. He just needs tweaks badly to make him less of a tierwhore character.

#4332 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1576 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

Tales of Zestiria is pretty good, I don't get the hate. 

#4333 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

Spoiler

Viz Media To Release Pokémon-Themed Cookbook This December
Spoiler

The Legend of Zelda Inducted into the Video Game Hall of Fame

#4334 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

Bastion really needs to be nerfed. I lost countless games because of Bastion with a good team. All my friends who play with me also bitch about Bastion being OP.

I will say though it's not really that bad considering you don't actually have to win to get loot. I mean yeah you will get loot slower but there is no win game requirements which is a nice change from other games.

#4335 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

A Neptunia CE I have no interest in... what's wrong with me? -_-

Anyway, Neptune + Blanc vs Zombie Army is coming out this week, and it has 4-player Coop (I think), so I'd love to get in some games with you guys. Hit me up if anyone is interested. I know Uncharted 4 is also the same day, but show some love for Blanny! Thanks!

#4336 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40113 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

Getting Tagmension and not getting Uncharted 4.

I have the best taste.

#4337 draco259  

draco259

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

I'd definitely be up for Neping up some zombies!

#4338 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1668 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

Getting Tagmension and not getting Uncharted 4.

If there's ever been a time for it...

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

#4339 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

Screw you guys. #MakeSpaceGreatAgain

#4340 NeoMonk  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

I'm getting both Nep Nep & Uncharted 4.

Bestest Taste

#4341 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40113 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

If there's ever been a time for it...

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

I don't support that Drake's answer to all his problems = mass murder.

#4342 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5340 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:17 PM

well you have alicia as a temp party member they wanted to do dlc parts for on top of the dlc costumes.  you have the bugs like going through the floor, skin disappearing, low frame rate that constantly dips, poor story writing, pacing and gameplay mechanics.  The random skills on equipment on top of equipment being completely random both drops and at shops, lord of the lands being grindy ect.  I think the thing that bothered me the most out was the slow ass artes learning rate.  you don't even have  4 a artes until 10 hours in.  It was incredibly awful learning new artes/spells and the mages are severely lacking spell wise.  only a handful of spells on each of them.  Oh and the running speed even with wind boost is soooo damn sloooow.  Game really needed grunties or a bike or something.

It was just a really badly made game all around.  even more so if you ended up with the ps3 version since it had the grey filter on it.

#4343 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

I already have MegaTagmension so I'm probably getting Uncharted 4, most likely. Best Buy won't let me order from them though, they said I have a flash or alert on my account. I have no idea why, The only thing I've ever got from them was like a refund for lost codes or damaged boxes. Anyways it's happened before, they ended up saying it was their fault and gave me extra time on my GCU but I'm kind of getting tired of going through it.

I'll probably go with Prime monthly for awhile. Seems like a good time to try it out. After missing some exclusives and limited editions I wanted, it'd be nice to not have to worry so much about those. Anyways, I wish Uncharted would just drop to like $40 since we all know it's going to live in that zone not too long from now. At least that's what I'm expecting. It's supposed to be really good though, for what it's worth.

#4344 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40113 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

I'd probably get Doom before I got Uncharted 4 (not that I plan to get either anytime soon)

I got my treasure hunting game fix from Rise of The Tomb Raider, which I can't imagine Uncharted 4 being as good as anyway.

#4345 SPORK94  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

I already have MegaTagmension so I'm probably getting Uncharted 4, most likely. Best Buy won't let me order from them though, they said I have a flash or alert on my account. I have no idea why, The only thing I've ever got from them was like a refund for lost codes or damaged boxes. Anyways it's happened before, they ended up saying it was their fault and gave me extra time on my GCU but I'm kind of getting tired of going through it.

I'll probably go with Prime monthly for awhile. Seems like a good time to try it out. After missing some exclusives and limited editions I wanted, it'd be nice to not have to worry so much about those. Anyways, I wish Uncharted would just drop to like $40 since we all know it's going to live in that zone not too long from now. At least that's what I'm expecting. It's supposed to be really good though, for what it's worth.

If you think amazon is better look up the whole fiasco with Bravely Second's pre-order dlc being not given to CE purchasers.

#4346 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

Video Comparison Proves King of Fighters XIV Is Just As Fast As Previous Games

Spoiler

Touhou Sky Arena for PS4 launches May 20 in Japan

Spoiler

#4347 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

If you think amazon is better look up the whole fiasco with Bravely Second's pre-order dlc being not given to CE purchasers.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that. It's not so much that I really want to but I'll have to until Best Buy clears me up because they won't let me place any new orders. They cancel everything I try, and I'm worried they're going to do the same with the games I already pre-ordered a while back. Once it's fixed, they said about 10 days from yesterday, I'll decide then what to do going foward, maybe both. I didn't know Prime had a $11 (I think) monthly service or I would've tried it out for a bit before. Also the "problems" I had with Best Buy were ridiculous, I used to work in sales and I put up with a lot of BS from them, I know Amazon probably isn't any better but it's worth a shot.

#4348 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

Sure, it sucks but it's not that common for Amazon to screw up that bad from my experience and I've commonly ordered from them for over a decade (Their biggest issue is shipping packaging). I tend to hear significantly more pre-order bonus issues with Best Buy, though I don't really order from them. Regardless in this case, all the pre-order costumes are purchasable in-game at some point.

I can't really complain about Amazon because I got a 50% refund off the base price ($35!) when I asked what was going on with the DLC on top of the original 20% off pre-order. So I got a crazy deal and can still get the costumes with a little extra effort should I choose.

#4349 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

Speaking of Bravely Second's CE, it's in stock on Amazon.com and has been for at least a couple of hours for anyone still interested:

http://www.amazon.co...=bravely second

This is roughly 3 weeks after the release? So prime discounts have expired. -tin foil hat on- I think Amazon may be holding onto some stock of things separate to wait for the two week 20% window to expire before putting them up for sale. The only weakness with this theory is that we're three weeks out, not two.

Potentially a good tip if you're hunting for the next CE/LE that sold out before you could get one if the theory ends up being true, though.

#4350 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

Touhou Sky Arena for PS4 Launches May 20 in Japan
Spoiler

Nintendo Minute’s “Backlog Buster” Takes A Look At EarthBound
Spoiler