* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#5551 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

Fault Milestone One and Rabi-Ribi coming to PS4, PS Vita

Two new Sekai Project games for PlayStation platforms

Sekai Project said to look forward to Anime Expo. 

If you to play the Resident Evil 7 Demo, you actualy need to go to on the PS4 Store.

#5552 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

Shantae is now up on Amazon.

#5553 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

God Eater 2: Rage Burst Is Getting A Physical Release In English For Asia [PS Vita - Play-Asia page]

YU-NO remake launches November 17 in Japan

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! PS Vita game delayed to October 27 in Japan

#5554 SPORK94  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

It doesn't help NA due to Bamco normally encoding their Asian physicals with EU as a base.

#5555 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

To any FFXIV players, the Amazon promo started today. Nobody knows if it works on pre-orders yet (Especially since it has stuff way outside of the time window such as Persona 5 included). And sadly it doesnt work on anything digital

http://www.ffxivredeem.com/

#5556 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

I miss playing and raiding in FF14 but definitely don't miss the elitist, yet shitty, playerbase.  It was really hard to find high-end raiders in that game. 

#5557 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37614 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

Neptunia VII is $11.99 for Plus members: https://store.playst...AME000000000000

That's pretty crazy considering it came out only four months ago.

EDIT: Omega Quintet is $3.99, equally crazy: https://store.playst...AMEOMEGAQUINTET

#5558 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

EDIT: Omega Quintet is $3.99, equally crazy: https://store.playst...AMEOMEGAQUINTET

Good Deal :)

#5559 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Physical copies of Nepnep VII is still lingering around $45+. I own and played Omega Quintet, and it's going to be a hard one to drudge through. Reminds me too much of Fairy Fencer F..

#5560 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

NieR: Automata’s E3 Trailer - Launches in Early 2017

Spoiler

NieR: Automata Gets Fantastic New Screenshots

BlazBlue: Central Fiction launches October 6 in Japan

NiOh Gets Creepy and Lethal in Brutal New Trailer

Spoiler

NiOh Getting New Demo on the PSN; New 1080p Screenshots Released

Attack of Titan Flies into Battle With New E3 Trailers

Spoiler

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Looks Fantastic in New E3 Trailer

Spoiler

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gets NLots of Gameplay Info from Eiji Aonuma

Pokemon Sun & Moon’s E3 Trailer

Spoiler

Pokemon Sun and Moon reveals Battle Royal, new Pokemon

#5561 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

Now I feel really stupid for buying Omega for $12 last time it was sale, thinking such Japanese title won't get discounted to much lower than that.

I didn't even enjoy the game that much, and such a pain to get the true ending that I gave up on it.

#5562 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Now I feel really stupid for buying Omega for $12 last time it was sale, thinking such Japanese title won't get discounted to much lower than that.

I didn't even enjoy the game that much, and such a pain to get the true ending that I gave up on it.

I payed about $20 for my physical copy. I want to play it and beat the game, but every time I fire it up, I look at all the games that are so much better that I just can't put the time into it. The same thing happens whenever I try and complete Fairy Fencer f. The game was very forgettable for me. All that's left is the grind leveling and I just don't have it in me.

Megadimension Neptunia VII, however, I'm quite excited to play when I get home.

#5563 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

I payed about $20 for my physical copy. I want to play it and beat the game, but every time I fire it up, I look at all the games that are so much better that I just can't put the time into it. The same thing happens whenever I try and complete Fairy Fencer f. The game was very forgettable for me. All that's left is the grind leveling and I just don't have it in me.

Megadimension Neptunia VII, however, I'm quite excited to play when I get home.

Yeah I had to power through it to some degree, really wish the concert mode was more fleshed out, they are idols after all. At least it has Japanese voices. I don't recall it required a lot of grinding though, I beat the last boss without intentionally grinding too much.

#5564 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37614 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

If I thought Re;Birth1 was boring and way too grind-y (I know Neptunia games practically thrive on grinding), would I enjoy Neptunia VII?

#5565 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

The new Zelda looks so good. Only complaint that I have is that we see no other people besides Link in that trailer.

#5566 NeoMonk  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

So many sales but with Miku Future Tone coming out next week, I KNOW I won't have time for anything else...

#5567 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

It kind of bugs me that they are using Zelda: Breath of the Wild to move a bunch of NX units. The new unit might not otherwise warrant a purchase for a couple years. Nintendo also profits off their hardware. They haven't done anything to earn day1 supporters.  The game was also supposed to be a flagship title and a reason for buying a Wii U. 

#5568 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1668 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

Feel really shitty about this since i have an unopened CE sitting on my shelf.

#5569 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9969 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

I feel lame for buying Omega Quintet for like $40ish....for IFI games, unless I want to play them right away...I will wait for sharp decreases in price. I know I will pick up Neptunia VII at least.

#5570 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

I feel lame for buying Omega Quintet for like $40ish....for IFI games, unless I want to play them right away...I will wait for sharp decreases in price. I know I will pick up Neptunia VII at least.

I started doing that after ReBirth 2. I snagged the LE for it and called it quits. So anything else released by IFI games gets put on the back burner for at least 2-3 months. 

#5571 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

No new free DLC (or themes) this week on PSN.

#5572 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37614 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

If I thought Re;Birth1 was boring and way too grind-y (I know Neptunia games practically thrive on grinding), would I enjoy Neptunia VII?

Anyone?

#5573 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

Anyone?

I can't remember the specifics of Re;Birth 1's difficulty and grinding compared to Megadimension Neptunia VII, but I do recall thinking VII was really easy. I don't think it required grinding. I tend to kill most enemies in an area as least once when I play normally, though.

#5574 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40113 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

Anyone?

I haven't played VII yet, but based on all the others, if you didn't like one I can't see any reason why you'd like the others.

#5575 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37614 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

I haven't played VII yet, but based on all the others, if you didn't like one I can't see any reason why you'd like the others.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured.

#5576 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

To any FFXIV players, the Amazon promo started today. Nobody knows if it works on pre-orders yet (Especially since it has stuff way outside of the time window such as Persona 5 included). And sadly it doesnt work on anything digital

http://www.ffxivredeem.com/

Grand Kingdom LE will work 

#5577 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Grand Kingdom LE will work 

Awesome, I have that ordered through Amazon.

#5578 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

I've never played any of the Rebirth games, but I've played the original trilogy and gotten halfway through Neptunia VII, so I'll try my best to give some actual useful advice. It seems to have the least grinding in the series, mostly since the game is split into thirds, and even in those thirds, there's splitting of narratives for different characters. Makes it a lot less useful to grind and over level characters since you start with another character (with new reset stats) for every story transition. It also seems a lot more exploration-oriented and less of, "go back to the same dungeons and grind." Once you unlock the next stage, the EXP from the new area is significantly higher. I never made it to the last third of the game though, and since I assume all characters gather up then, there might be more grinding towards the end. But definitely a huge improvement over previous titles.

Edit: The series spans multiple genres, and the only thing in common is the story and characters. Unless you played the other games and absolutely hated Neptune, and dislike cute girls, I would say give it a try for $12. 

#5579 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV Announced by Square Enix for PS4 and Xbox One

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV Gets “99% Final” North American Box Art; it’ll be Reversible

NieR: Automata Gets Beautiful New Art Showing Vistas and Enemies

Tales of Berseria Gets a Fantastic E3 Trailer from Bandai Namco

Spoiler

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 E3 2016 gameplay, screenshots

Spoiler

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice details E3 demo, story

Persona 5 E3 2016 off-screen gameplay

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage E3 2016 off-screen gameplay

#5580 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

It kind of bugs me that they are using Zelda: Breath of the Wild to move a bunch of NX units. The new unit might not otherwise warrant a purchase for a couple years. Nintendo also profits off their hardware. They haven't done anything to earn day1 supporters.  The game was also supposed to be a flagship title and a reason for buying a Wii U. 

Well, what they are doing is nothing new, and they have done it before. It really sucks for those Wii U owners who have to wait for what is likely the best reason they even bought the unit, so they can make it NX ready for launch, but what can you do?

I would think that most users will keep the Wii U, buy Zelda there and take a wait and see attitude on the NX. But most "N" diehards really seem to love the abuse they get, so they may buy the NX and Zelda anyways.

I still never bought a Wii U, as it never hit my $200 and under price point, but I bought one for my son a few holidays back, so I have access to one if need be. The Wii U was the first "N" system since the NES that I didn't buy at launch, or import before the US release, and the NX will be more of the same unless I see some super duper line up of launch games, which I just don't see happening.