* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#6241 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

My Best Buy ZTD came in a box. It's just the game, but still perfect. The last game I got from Amazon was Shinovi Versus, and it was beat to hell and back. 

#6242 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:17 PM

I'm really excited to pick up a Kara no Shoujo 2 Hard copy and Uchikoshi signing my ZTD like he signed my VLR last year.

Uchikoshi is gonna be at AX again? What days?

#6243 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

Regional distribution centers will all handle stuff differently. So Amazon being good or not is literally YMMV.

it's coming from NISA, and I have zero concerns about it's condition. I did pay a premium, but it was worth piece of mind.

Hmm NISA stuff usually shows up perfectly, but we've had more than enough posts about how badong their customer service is. I'm currently waiting till Independence Day weekend, because I'm kinda sure they won't even notice me hit them with a Paypal chargeback on a long weekend.

#6244 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

Regional distribution centers will all handle stuff differently. So Amazon being good or not is literally YMMV.

Hmm NISA stuff usually shows up perfectly, but we've had more than enough posts about how badong their customer service is. I'm currently waiting till Independence Day weekend, because I'm kinda sure they won't even notice me hit them with a Paypal chargeback on a long weekend.

Yeah, I haven't had any NISA issues since they change distribution centers awhile ago, but when I did need to contact them, they eventually handle every problem to a great outcome.

Just open my GK LE a few minutes ago, and of course it's perfect. And I believe I got free shipping on this order, so even better, as I didn't have to pay for getting my goods undamaged this time.

#6245 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

None of my orders Amazon cane damaged. Best Buy? Yes. Amazon? No

Same here. All of my Amazon orders always arrive in perfect condition. Never had a problem.

But when it comes to shipping through Best Buy and Deep Discount, you can be sure it'll arrive damaged.

#6246 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40113 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

Best Buy always ships to me in a box and Amazon always uses bubble mailers.

Maybe it's just luck, but I've had waaaay better luck with Best Buy. A crease in the box doesn't really bother me though, so in the end it's whatever.

#6247 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

It's USPS, the post office, their sorting and distribution centers, and mail carriers that cause most if not all of shipping damage problems. You either live in an area, or have a driver, where they kick around their boxes, or you don't.  UPS too.  They are generally worse and kick around packages all day.  Retailers have mostly the same standardized procedures everywhere.  You can be pretty sure that just about everything that leaves Amazon is in great shape.  It's what happens afterwards that destroys packages.  Them sending out things in bubble mailers is also a separate issue entirely.  Amazon stuff comes through USPS while everything Best Buy is tossed around by UPS. 

Anyways yeah, most of the damage is caused the by carrier providers.  That also doesn't excuse bubble mailers for limited editions.  But people would be doing A LOT more complaining if they were forced to pay the actual $6-25 shipping charge for every box that was delivered to their doorsteps. 

It's so hard for people to be thankful for the type of service they get these days.  USPS and Amazon do an AMAZING job when you consider all the complicated operations they have to go through, versus the value you get from their services.  If you want pristine services then shop at online boutiques or from resellers that take pictures of everything, and pay the premium. 

You don't shop at Walmart and then complain about the quality of your shopping experience lol.

#6248 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20100 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

I ordered Bravely Second and Xenoblade X from amazon and Best Buy.  Prefect from Best Buy, and badly damaged from amazon.

#6249 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:32 AM

It's USPS, the post office, their sorting and distribution centers, and mail carriers that cause most if not all of shipping damage problems. You either live in an area, or have a driver, where they kick around their boxes, or you don't.  UPS too.  They are generally worse and kick around packages all day.  Retailers have mostly the same standardized procedures everywhere.  You can be pretty sure that just about everything that leaves Amazon is in great shape.  It's what happens afterwards that destroys packages.  Them sending out things in bubble mailers is also a separate issue entirely.  Amazon stuff comes through USPS while everything Best Buy is tossed around by UPS. 

Anyways yeah, most of the damage is caused the by carriers.  That also doesn't excuse bubble mailers for limited editions.  But people would be doing A LOT more complaining if they were forced to pay the actual $6-25 shipping charge for every box that was delivered to their doorsteps. 

It's so hard for people to be thankful for the type of service they get these days.  USPS and Amazon do an AMAZING job when you consider all the complicated operations they have to go through, versus the value you get from their services.  If you want pristine services then shop at online boutiques or from resellers that take pictures of everything, and pay the premium. 

You don't shop at Walmart and then complain about the quality of your shopping experience lol.

No one is going out of their way to damage a package, that's just the nature of the beast. I've worked for USPS as well as UPS, and there is no concern or issue for package care. Delivery is the only objective, PERIOD!

I personally mail hundreds of packages a month, and while damages can happen, I would say I have a 1% damage rate, as I package items well. Putting a box in an envelope and not expecting it to get damaged is an exercise in pipe dreaming. 

Anything shipped in the proper size box with proper packing materials will more often than not escape damage. I don't agree with most of the policies on Ebay, but the seller being responsible for a products safety is one I do subscribe to personally. Shipping companies are only moving products as fast as they can, and in no way is concerned with safety. That is why insurance is offered.

Almost anything can be mailed safely when proper care is taken. Yeah, Amazon is trying to move as many products as fast as possible, same as the shipping companies, but I'm not paying them, I'm paying Amazon, or BB, or GS. It is their job to insure an item that I paid for arrives safely, or it falls on them, and no one else.

Blaming the shipping companies for damaged packages is like blaming the shark for biting someone in the ass at the beach. It's what they do, they aren't going to change, as they have been doing what they do, a lot longer than Amazon, BB or GS. I don't expect them to change their operation. Amazon should be changing theirs.

#6250 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:48 AM

No one is going out of their way to damage a package, that's just the nature of the beast. I've worked for USPS as well as UPS, and there is no concern or issue for package care. Delivery is the only objective, PERIOD!

uh, yeah.  that's kinda what I posted lol.

I personally mail hundreds of packages a month, and while damages can happen, I would say I have a 1% damage rate, as I package items well. Putting a box in an envelope and not expecting it to get damaged is an exercise in pipe dreaming. 

Anything shipped in the proper size box with proper packing materials will more often than not escape damage. I don't agree with most of the policies on Ebay, but the seller being responsible for a products safety is one I do subscribe to personally. Shipping companies are only moving products as fast as they can, and in no way is concerned with safety. That is why insurance is offered.

I understand this.  I also sell on Ebay and haven't had a single problem because I take care to package and ship things properly.  Not sure what's up with all these strawman statements that have nothing to do with what I wrote. 

Almost anything can be mailed safely when proper care is taken. Yeah, Amazon is trying to move as many products as fast as possible, same as the shipping companies, but I'm not paying them, I'm paying Amazon, or BB, or GS. It is their job to insure an item that I paid for arrives safely, or it falls on them, and no one else.

Blaming the shipping companies for damaged packages is like blaming the shark for biting someone in the ass at the beach. It's what they do, they aren't going to change, as they have been doing what they do, a lot longer than Amazon, BB or GS. I don't expect them to change their operation. Amazon should be changing theirs.

"No" to everything else you wrote.  I'm being realistic, whereas you're being idealistic.  Amazon shouldn't "be changing their operation" unless you'd like to start paying real prices for your packages from them.  In which case they wouldn't be Amazon anymore.  Until you want to start paying $6-25 for every package then it's time to sit down.  You should know this since you're an Ebay reseller.

You must have missed the part where I praised USPS for the value of the service they offer.

#6251 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:03 AM

The walls of text are real.

#6252 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:10 AM

The walls of text are real.

Here's a video of a very cute kitten.

#6253 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:12 AM

"No" to everything else you wrote.  I'm being realistic, whereas you're being idealistic.  Amazon shouldn't "be changing their operation" unless you'd like to start paying real prices for your packages from them.  In which case they wouldn't be Amazon anymore.  Until you want to start paying $6-25 for every package then it's time to sit down.  You should know this since you're an Ebay reseller.

You must have missed the part where I praised USPS for the value of the service they offer.

Well technically, every LE I've gotten from them was at release, and it was the same price everywhere, so when those items came damaged, I wasn't really saving any money either way. Years ago they where tax free, there was a slight savings, but that is no longer the case. I currently pay NISA for their games, as I don't mind paying extra for undamaged items.

So yes, I would gladly pay Amazon a premium for a better level of service. I would do the same at GS or BB if offered. I'm a realist, and I know, they can't afford to care for each package based on their current business model for the reasons you state, prices would go through the roof.

But considering how many items I have returned to them, or the ones they have given me credits on, I would say they may want to offer a service that meets the need that is obviously out there. But as I stated, I don't expect a shipping company to change, when if Amazon made a change, it could insure a packages safety.

I also personally have known several of my postmen over the years, and the packages are damaged long before they get to the last part of the delivery process, so I in no way blame them.

#6254 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

I also personally have known several of my postmen over the years, and the packages are damaged long before they get to the last part of the delivery process, so I in no way blame them.

Yep exactly. The point is packages change hands several different times from departing the Amazon warehouse to before they reach your mail carrier. 

#6255 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:16 AM

Tales of Berseria ‘DLC Catalog 01’ trailer

Spoiler

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Coming to Wii U Tomorrow

#6256 UltimateIdiot911  

UltimateIdiot911

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

Best Buy always ships to me in a box and Amazon always uses bubble mailers.

Maybe it's just luck, but I've had waaaay better luck with Best Buy. A crease in the box doesn't really bother me though, so in the end it's whatever.

Same. Best Buy tends to ship things in a box or those special cardboard envelopes (which works really well). Amazon sends most of my LE in bubble mailers.

#6257 Frosty The Batman   10 years of backlog building CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Frosty The Batman

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:33 AM

I am a mailman and nothing is worse than getting a damaged package and bringing it to someones door. We get blamed most cause we are the last people to handle it. I've seen lots of videos of the morons that throw packages around and I'm not gonna end up on Youtube for that. I take care of everything the best I can cause I get lots of packages from USPS and UPS. The clerks can be pretty rough when sorting the packages though and I hate that too. My post office is on the other side of town but I work at the one that delivers to my dads house so if I'm getting something important, I get it shipped to him so I can intercept it.

It's fun getting to see what goes on in the back. Someone recently tried shipping a huge classic Transformer figure media mail. We got to open it for inspection and got a good laugh. Also, just the other day, three priority boxes full of pot. I can imagine how many times I've actually delivered some.

#6258 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5333 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:52 AM

None of my orders Amazon cane damaged. Best Buy? Yes. Amazon? No

So house doesn't work at your amazon but he does at best buy?

#6259 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5333 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

wow some of the alt costumes of the beach wear actually look good to better for those. too bad its dlc and per costume as if it was in game that'd be nice.  jesus christ at all of magi's outfits if you can even call that amount of clothing an outfit.

smrpglotss not being on the wiiu until now seems odd considering they are somewhat late into its life. and by late I mean its not gonna be around much longer.

#6260 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9023 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:02 AM

I am a mailman and nothing is worse than getting a damaged package and bringing it to someones door. We get blamed most cause we are the last people to handle it. I've seen lots of videos of the morons that through packages around and I'm not gonna end up on Youtube for that. I take care of everything the best I can cause I get lots of packages from USPS and UPS. The clerks can be pretty rough when sorting the packages though and I hate that too. My post office is on the other side of town but I work at the one that delivers to my dads house so if I'm getting something important, I get it shipped to him so I can intercept it.

It's fun getting to see what goes on in the back. Someone recently tried shipping a huge classic Transformer figure media mail. We got to open it for inspection and got a good laugh. Also, just the other day, three priority boxes full of pot. I can imagine how many times I've actually delivered some.

How did you happen to find the pot, did they reek?  What procedures, if any, does the post office use to catch this sort of thing?  Just curious. 

#6261 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:04 AM

Delivery estimate of July 6th for ZTD now

#6262 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5333 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:05 AM

usually being the word here.  on that note I wonder if flooding or something like what happened to ni no kuni ce was the reason for the watch issue? Or just one of those ding dongs not driving forklifts correctly you see in those gifs/videos.  God those are scary.

#6263 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7524 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:28 AM

How did you happen to find the pot, did they reek?  What procedures, if any, does the post office use to catch this sort of thing?  Just curious. 

I'm curious on this myself. Do guys just throw the pot in a box and let it fly, and hope for the best? Please tell me they didn't use their real address on the return label?

EDIT: Back in the early 90's when I worked at USPS, the worst thing I found was some ants in a busted package. In case anyone was wondering, my post office handled orders for Uncle Milton's Ant Farms, and a return got busted open, and some ants escaped. That was about as will as I saw during my time there, but it wasn't like I cared what was coming and going.

#6264 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:35 AM

Why would anyone care about how the post office detects...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#6265 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Plastic Memories Gets New Screenshots on Famitsu

#6266 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:44 AM

So house doesn't work at your amazon but he does at best buy?

Nah, he's still off traveling the world with Wilson. 

#6267 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1957 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:23 AM

It's USPS, the post office, their sorting and distribution centers, and mail carriers that cause most if not all of shipping damage problems.

I worked at a USPS sorting facility last year during the holidays. I can confirm this. Packages fall off conveyor belts, get crushed, thrown, poked a few holes in some myself. It's a miracle you get your packages in one piece. Even seen boxes labeled fragile getting thrown and tv/monitors getting manhandled. I would never recommend working there. The working conditions are bad so the workers don't give a shit.

#6268 SPORK94  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:37 AM

Uchikoshi is gonna be at AX again? What days?

He is signing 12-130 on 7/1, 130-3 7/2, Panel at 345-445 7/2, Sign 7/4 130-3.

LOL. This is funny every time I read it. Going with Amazon is cheaper, but 9 out of 10 times, it is going to arrive damaged. How is anyone surprised by this happening anymore? 

My GK LE should be out in my mail box in a few minutes, if not already, and it's coming from NISA, and I have zero concerns about it's condition. I did pay a premium, but it was worth piece of mind.

The only reason why I went with amazon was the glitch price. In the matter of packing quality I pretty much gave up on amazon, best buy is 50/50 for me and I will agree NISA has their shit together my SOSC box got borked and they replaced it quickly without issue hense why at AX I will get psycho pass through them without tax.

#6269 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:38 AM

Wish I had my copy of ZTD so I can get it signed. :( 

#6270 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

Wish I had my copy of ZTD so I can get it signed. :( 

Just print your order invoice.

Or GameStop cancellation message