* * * * - 18 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#11461 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   4723 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 PM

I'll probably end up just waiting on getting Tokyo Xanadu eX+ for the PC unless the port is terrible rather than double-dipping. Although I'm surprised we're getting the eX+ version at all. The game itself ss like a poor mans Legend of Heroes game with a more modernized theme from what I've always read, along with action based combat that's part Xanadu and part Ys. Looks like it includes Japanese voices as well (No English VO). It's nice that it's hitting in fall which isn't too far behind the base game, but I'm wondering how different the enhanced eX+ version is to the Trails/Kiseki series enhanced Evolution games when it comes to licensing.

EDIT: What's added in the enhanced eX+ port over the original Vita version:

- 60FPS (Vita was 30FPS with drops) at 1080p. (PS4 version, obviously. PC will depend on the port quality)

- New Playable Character.

- New Side Stories for the main cast other than the MC, Kou.

- After Story that's available post-game which takes place several months after the main story.

- New dungeons.

- New music.

- Changes to Asuka character after she unlocks something via story.

- Re-balances difficulty across the board. (Vita was considered 'too easy', even on the hardest difficulty)

- Adds a new, harder difficulty, Calamity.

- Adds Time Attack & Boss Rush modes.

#11462 NeoMonk   Miku is my co-pilot. CAGiversary!   2045 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 PM

So at first glance I heard Lucy (Fairy Tail), Ayesha (Atelier) & Fake Kanji (P4). 

Definitely a decent cast. 

NinteSwitch.gif

#11463 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

man the P5 soundtrack sounds amazing if you listen to this 10min compilation.  This has got to be one of the best video game soundtracks ever.  We all know how we already feel about P3 & P4.  The new one definitely seems to go above and beyond anything with all of the samples that I've heard so far.  I think I'm just going to have to drop the 100 bucks and buy all three soundtracks from Amazon JP:  P3, P4, and P5.

Also..Lucy Heartfilia, soooo hot. The English voice actress (Cherami Leigh) does a great job with her appeal. 

I refuse to use the word "waifu" but I already know who my favorite P5 girl is going to be: Makoto Niijima.  Liked her the most even before the reveal of her voice actress. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#11464 Supplice   Mmhmm CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Persona 5 Costume DLCs Confirmed for the West by Atlus USA; Persona 4 Set Introduced

#11465 henry32689   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

henry32689

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

Also..Lucy Heartfilia, soooo hot. The English voice actress (Cherami Leigh) does a great job with her appeal. 

But Lucy isn't even the best girl in Fairy Tail.... lol. But yea Cherami Leigh is great as a voice actress. I know the English cast for P5 has been announced for a while now, but I'm glad that they brought a bunch of new voice actors to the series (no more Yuri and Johnny, lol). 

#11466 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8389 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

I hope some of the costume sets are free.

#11467 NeoMonk   Miku is my co-pilot. CAGiversary!   2045 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

But Lucy isn't even the best girl in Fairy Tail.... lol.. 

Everyone know it's Juvia, duh!

My  :vita: Atelier Shallie+ came in today, I can't bring myself to open it..

Spoiler

NinteSwitch.gif

#11468 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

So is the Gravity Rush 2 pre-order bonus only available in Amazon? I was planning to pre-order it on Best Buy with the Visa checkout promotion but I don't see the pre-order bonus in the games description.

1171447592561s_zps0ywmd7xl.gif

#11469 Supplice   Mmhmm CAGiversary!   3226 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM

So is the Gravity Rush 2 pre-order bonus only available in Amazon?

Only Amazon and GameStop it seems.

#11470 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 PM

I dunno, Mirajane is pretty high up there on the list too. 

#11471 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

No, it's Aquarius. Get it straight! Or Levy.

#11472 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Let's just name every Fairy Tail female character and get this discussion over with, because it's a long list.  If you keep naming them one at a time you'll be at it all night. :lol:

#11473 henry32689   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

henry32689

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 PM

These guys get it. Juvia and Levy are top tier, lol.

#11474 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

You're all wrong.. it's obviously Cana!

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/AC Unity/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::  :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#11475 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted Today, 01:07 AM

Alcoholic chick with a barely there badass father? Interesting choice.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#11476 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:15 AM

Names Cana, but you can call me Daddy Issues. 

#11477 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3526 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 01:50 AM

My  :vita: Atelier Shallie+ came in today, I can't bring myself to open it..

Spoiler

+1 unless she's in her phantom lord costume as that outfit with the rolled up hair is just awful. Though my current favorite is brandish.  Her trolling skills are easily deserving of main character status.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#11478 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3526 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 01:51 AM

Names Cana, but you can call me Daddy Issues. 

and in need of a liver donor.  people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones though.  You like lucy after all and she was the original daddy issues.  Ironically they only addressed said issues after they wrote him off.

#11479 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3526 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 01:56 AM

Alcoholic chick with a barely there badass father? Interesting choice.

Some people like to set their goals realistically for what they can obtain :B

also +1 for levy.  Her magic is cool and underutilized.  Its a shame her and frede don't get more screen time as I like their fights due to how creative they can use their magic.

#11480 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1125 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted Today, 02:34 AM

bemjJkh.gif

#11481 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:23 AM

Finally, wonder what took so long.

I hope some of the costume sets are free.

Yeah, the japanese release had some pre-order dlc and some versions came with additional dlc. There was some post launch dlc that was also free. Hopefully we get the same treatment here :)