* * * * - 21 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#13981 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3314 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted Today, 03:34 AM

Nothing would break my absolute trust in atlus.

This will be the first Atlus (USA) game I pre-order and buy at launch since SMT IV (non-Armageddon)

I intended on buying P5 used down the line, but after they finally caved on dual audio I decided to support them again. They've been a pretty shitty localization company for a while now. It was easy to support them blindly when they were releasing PS2 games because they had zero competition, but the niche market has evolved since then, and I'm glad they're finally learning that lesson. 

#13982 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 Gets New Trailer

Spoiler

The King of Fighters XIV four characters DLC, version 2.00 update launch April 5

Earth Defense Force 5 Gets Lots of New Screenshots: Air Raiders and Vehicles

#13983 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8642 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:44 AM

Anxiety-Sweating-Reaction-Gif-In-Wanted-

I was like that when I saw the Ending Song for High School DxD

#13984 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3704 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 06:50 AM

man NeoGAF is full of rubes.  People that think of themselves as experts because they have jobs, or they have children. These people don't read the threads at all before posting in them. Threads are in a perpetual state of drive-by, ignorant pot-shot posts and the threads fly quickly.  IDK how people are in love with this site.  Its best feature is to measure the daily weather forecast for what regular folks are spontaneously thinking. 

It's made of "mature" adults that like to turn their noses up at non-members like an American Legion supper club or something. 

the only use is they have people who are inside informants for sales numbers and the like.  other than that I agree with you. 

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#13985 pjmomo   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:12 AM

What kind of Fuck horror shitshow is going on over there if it makes us the poster boy for reason & sensibility?! :lol:

it's natural for someone to think their community is always better than other communities.

#13986 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 08:15 AM

Omega Labyrinth Z Gets New 1080p Screenshots

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology Gets a Lot of Screenshots

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Gets New Screenshots Showing New Characters for PS4 Version

Eight minutes of Blue Reflection gameplay with character designer Mel Kishida

Spoiler

#13987 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:13 AM

this is a goldmine. ty

#13988 NeoMonk   Miku is my co-pilot. CAGiversary!   2389 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:16 AM

Spoiler

output_FLz960.gif

#13989 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted Today, 11:21 AM

I actually got that reference......god I feel old now.

What is it referencing?

#13990 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 11:47 AM

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash Trailer Features Marie Rose, Honoka, And Ayane

Spoiler

Yoko Taro’s Smartphone Game SINoALICE Samples Its Music By NieR Composer

Spoiler

God Eater New Project second teaser trailer

Spoiler

Dragon Quest Heroes II ‘Meet the Heroes, Part IV: Terry & Carver’ trailer

Spoiler

Persona 5 DLC schedule announced

#13991 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2311 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:53 PM

This one's for you old man.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

#13992 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4857 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

there was no reference when making that statement.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#13993 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2069 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

there was no reference when making that statement.

Must be dementia. Poor old man.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#13994 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1384 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

I pre ordered persona 5 last year cause I really like the series and loved Persona 4 specially golden.

And that CE looks really good and I'm a big fan of Atlus.

So Mass Effect, do I think its a masterpiece and an amazing game.

But I do like it, its a great game. Is it next gen amazing ? No

But i do love it. Just annoyed they didn't have a cool Collector's edition

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist 3DS/PS4 Games

#13995 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8642 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:19 PM

So we get more than 1 Costume DLC for free. That's nice. 

#13996 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted Today, 04:42 PM

I have some credit leftover on my JP account. Wonder if I should get these characters, or at least Ayane since she's my favorite. Hmm...

Also, regarding Fire Emblem heroes, I feel like the banner summon this time around was much more generous than previously (to me at least). I used like 50 orbs and managed to get Easter Lucina, Easter Camilla and even Easter Chrom. My priorities were Lucina and Camilla, so not getting Xander doesn't really bother me much. (I didn't really need Chrom either) And I still got plenty of orbs left over for whatever interesting banner comes next.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: Switch: Zelda: BotW  :ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, Atelier Firis   :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Battlefield Hardline   :360: Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Atelier Shallie Plus, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter   :3ds:  Pokemon Sun, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#13997 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7095 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:42 PM

So we get more than 1 Costume DLC for free. That's nice. 

Course all you need are the swimsuits...too bad by the time they come out I likely will have beaten the game. 

#13998 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted Today, 05:00 PM

Course all you need are the swimsuits...too bad by the time they come out I likely will have beaten the game.

That's okay. Just replay it on insanity difficulty.

#13999 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   4859 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:25 PM

Anime Weekend Sale on Steam that lasts until next Tuesdays update:

http://store.steampo...e-weekend-sale/

Alternate (Full) List: http://store.steampo...4085&specials=1

Includes games, movies and TV shows. Seems to have at least a few decent deals in there.

Also surprised nobody has made the 'Christmas in July!' joke with regards to the Persona 5 DLC.

EDIT: And it looks like Atelier Sophie FINALLY got the story DLC that connects Sophie to the events leading up to Firis. I'll be re-listing it come Tuesday if it's still free then.

#14000 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10612 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:53 PM

MRW I see my post in that list

giphy.gif

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#14001 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4857 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:57 PM

neoGAF is good for certain things.  The discussions threads for particular games are cool.  I just don't understand why the members are so hoity-toity.  they just use disguised language for banned words like "fanboy" too. 

They supposedly hold themselves to a higher standard but I see juvenile members acting out all the time. 

#14002 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted Today, 05:59 PM

Pulled bunny Camilla in my first full summon session. Got Minerva in the last banner. Two michalis from ghb, regular Camilla, Cordelia and catria from gunning for Minerva. I now have too many options for my flier team in fire emblem heroes

#14003 notaxation   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:01 PM

Neogaf is a shithole.  

It used to be a good forum, I posted there for years, but now it's just an echo chamber with mods that ban anyone who disagrees with the hive mind.

#14004 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4857 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:02 PM

you guys are lucky. I spent 40 orbs last night and I got squat.  I do have most of the makings for a flier team though.  Hinoka, Minerva, and 4* Michaelis and Caeda.  Just need to pull a bunny tome Camilla for archer killing.  She's essential for a flier team being that she's the only ranged damage and magic damage. You'd probably put bowbreaker on her too. 

#14005 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted Today, 06:03 PM

Neogaf is a shithole.

It used to be a good forum, I posted there for years, but now it's just an echo chamber with mods that ban anyone who disagrees with the hive mind.

Think this is what generally happens with most community forums. It's great at first, but later devolves into a cesspool of narcissism.

#14006 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   4857 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:07 PM

yeah I was trying not to use the word 'narcissism' when describing them, but that's exactly what it's like

#14007 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted Today, 06:12 PM

Got bunny Camilla. Need bunny Lucina. Need.

#14008 ar4757  

Posted Today, 06:32 PM

MRW I see my post in that list

giphy.gif

Lol your post was fine and sounded like a normal person wrote it as opposed to crazy violent like most of the others

Anyway Winter 2014 is finally upon us - I remember when P5 got announced almost 5 years ago... jeez I've been waiting forever. Have most of you been anticipating it for a long time too? Can't believe the wait is almost over!

#14009 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:49 PM

Anime Weekend Sale on Steam that lasts until next Tuesdays update:

http://store.steampo...e-weekend-sale/
Alternate (Full) List: http://store.steampo...4085&specials=1

Includes games, movies and TV shows. Seems to have at least a few decent deals in there.

Might be a decent excuse to finally grab Kindred Spirits, even if the discount's pretty lackluster. Has anyone tried it? Is it as cute as the trailers indicate?

#14010 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted Today, 08:27 PM

Anyone play Sakura Dungeon? Been thinking about picking it up and I see it's on sale now.