* * * * - 21 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#15151 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted Today, 12:09 AM

Took everything that made Battlefield 1 great, threw it in the trash, dropped two nukes on it and remade it to be the newer greatest game of all time. It's like Activision saw what EA did with their World War game and decided to make that but double the amount of everything (hence the subtle name WWII), double the guns, double the explosions, double the fight for freedom. This game is truly the Donald Trump of Call of Duty in that just like America it's becoming great again and that is how it should always be.

Ha, this looks so awful. But, despite my dislike for COD, I'd probably play it before ever touching Persona.  :-

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#15152 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2061 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

I believe that was their intrinsic answer to not having a playable female main protagonist.  Use an androgynous main character that appears rather feminine. 

I saw a cutscene today that showed the protag's face more clearly and he really does look like a chick. Give him long hair and he might look better than Chie or Fuuka. Something about the eyes. And the P3 protag looks a little too emo for me.

Also, I'm fully invested in Ryuji x Ann now. Their chemistry together is so good. I wish you could pair characters up in this game and not just a harem for the MC.

Check out my new album! Worse of Black (Friday) Featuring: BlackRock Spears, Andrea BRWcelli, and the Back Street Waifus

Oops! Target's Ad Sucks Again     Best Buy has Come Through     Dump it on Trash Day

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of November: Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge

#15153 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

I've talked to EdJericho about starting a War of the Waifus poll soon, so be on the look out for that.

Ha, this looks so awful. But, despite my dislike for COD, I'd probably play it before ever touching Persona.  :-

#15154 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39394 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:35 AM

Call of Duty is best Japanese niche game

The Switch is cool

People complain about the time limits in the Atelier games and then go and play Persona.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#15155 henry32689   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

henry32689

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

Also, I'm fully invested in Ryuji x Ann now. Their chemistry together is so good. I wish you could pair characters up in this game and not just a harem for the MC.

Speaking of harems, P5 is only game in the series where I didn't create a harem. Couldn't betray best waifu Makoto like that, though it was difficult. Too many other top tier waifus in P5.

#15156 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2061 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted Today, 12:48 AM

Call of Booty Nier Automata is best Japanese niche game

Speaking of harems, P5 is only game in the series where I didn't create a harem. Couldn't betray best waifu Makoto like that, though it was difficult. Too many other top tier waifus in P5.

Seriously, I love Makoto in this game. Top waifu for sure. Her character and backstory are done very well and makes you feel for her. She's also quirky and nerdy which is cute. I found her to be a real bitch in the beginning, but then grew to like her a lot, so I guess it's like an opposite momentum thing that gets you attached to her. She also has Mcree's High Noon which is sick. 

Check out my new album! Worse of Black (Friday) Featuring: BlackRock Spears, Andrea BRWcelli, and the Back Street Waifus

Oops! Target's Ad Sucks Again     Best Buy has Come Through     Dump it on Trash Day

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of November: Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge

#15157 elessar123  

Posted Today, 01:09 AM

We doing this now? The first potential waifu for me is 5th palace. Before that, I actually liked the twins the most.

Spoiler

#15158 NeoMonk  

Posted Today, 01:53 AM

No it's not April fools... I checked the calendar. 

Spoiler

yIRUpEC.gif

#15159 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39394 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:03 AM

Spoiler

I need one with a sweet galaxy design

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#15160 grrouchie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   933 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:10 AM

The Caligula Effect Details its Unique Battle System in New English Trailer

Spoiler

Is this digital only?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#15161 Midori Monkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Midori Monkey

Posted Today, 02:20 AM

The 2dsxl looks awesome.  I wonder if it is lighter than the new 3dsxl.  If so instabuy from me.  I ended up getting a regular new 3ds, since it was lighter, but I miss the bigger screens.

MidoriMonkey.png

#15162 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 02:27 AM

Super Bomberman R worldwide shipments top 500,000, 1-2-Switch on track to ship one million

Nintendo Won’t Have an E3 Press Conference this Year, As Usual

Code: Realize ~Saikou no Hanataba~ announced for PS4

Spoiler

First Code Vein Trailer Teased by Bandai Namco with New 1080p Screenshots, Coming in Four Days

New JRPG Zanki Zero by Danganronpa Team for PS4 and PS Vita Gets First Direct Feed Artwork

#15163 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3754 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Today, 02:31 AM

The 2dsxl looks awesome.  I wonder if it is lighter than the new 3dsxl.  If so instabuy from me.  I ended up getting a regular new 3ds, since it was lighter, but I miss the bigger screens.

I must admit, those do look cool. I had several XL models before getting the standard N3DS here in the states, and while the XL screen size was OK to me, I do prefer the smaller form and lighter weight of that model over the XL. I also love the new improved 3D of the N3DS, so I would never trade off for this new 2DS XL, but it's cool to see other options and choices for different potential buyers.

#15164 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:36 AM

Is this digital only?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

yes, it is digital only (at least for the US)

#15165 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

Call of Duty is best Japanese niche game

The Switch is cool

People complain about the time limits in the Atelier games and then go and play Persona.

The time limit thing was removed a while ago in atelier though.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#15166 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 02:53 AM

Spoiler

but will it be cheap like the regular 2ds?  As if so and it has better battery life then I want it.

I like the 2ds more than the 3ds outside it being unable to fold and lacking the wifi button.  It being able to fold would have protected it from getting caught in a door in my coat pocket last week ;_;  Nintendo just finished repairing it today for 80+ bucks plus 6$ tax and like 10$ shipping.  If I had known this was gonna happen I would have just waited.  Or bought another 2ds since best buy sells them for like 70$

Only trade off I see is that it has the standard 3ds buttons and triggers.  I prefer the buttons on the 2ds since they are more like a controllers size/response wise.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#15167 henry32689   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

henry32689

Posted Today, 02:55 AM

but will it be cheap like the regular 2ds?  As if so and it has better battery life then I want it.

It's $149.99. Unless you meant the actual quality of it.

#15168 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11220 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:10 AM

WOW! MSRP Should be $119.99- $124.99 instead $149.99.  You all should waits till Black Friday for $99.99 ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#15169 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 04:38 AM

Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Confirmed to Appear at E3 2017

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi for PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC gets First Direct Feed Screenshots

Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 for PC launches June 1, online lobbies detailed

#15170 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted Today, 05:41 AM

Seriously, I love Makoto in this game. Top waifu for sure. Her character and backstory are done very well and makes you feel for her. She's also quirky and nerdy which is cute. I found her to be a real bitch in the beginning, but then grew to like her a lot, so I guess it's like an opposite momentum thing that gets you attached to her. She also has Mcree's High Noon which is sick.

Fully agree with you here. There are a lot more girls I like in this game in general than in P4 though, it makes it super tempting to do the harem.

#15171 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted Today, 05:46 AM

We are all in agreement then. Makoto best girl.

#15172 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3365 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted Today, 05:55 AM

We are all in agreement then. Makoto best girl.

Pretty much. I still like Futaba, too. 

qoakvp.JPEG

#15173 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted Today, 06:10 AM

Futaba is cool too. She is a netizen like us.

#15174 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18244 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:25 AM

I'm starting to think this thread is less about Niche Games and more about Niche People discussing regular games.

I'm putting Wiis in Switch boxes and trading them into Amazon.

#15175 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2232 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted Today, 06:30 AM

Mainstream games to niche people are basically the same as niche games to mainstream people :P

#15176 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18244 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

No I just meant you guys are weird.

I'm putting Wiis in Switch boxes and trading them into Amazon.