* * * * - 28 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#15331 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

Question about nis. I pre ordered silvercase on ps4 from them and God wars at the same time but I haven't got silvercase yet, will I have to wait for God wars and they ship together since they are on the same order?

#15332 MoonBlossom  

MoonBlossom

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

Question about nis. I pre ordered silvercase on ps4 from them and God wars at the same time but I haven't got silvercase yet, will I have to wait for God wars and they ship together since they are on the same order?

Yes, that's how NIS handles shipping

#15333 Mrclark2  

Mrclark2

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Yes, that's how NIS handles shipping

Well shit I guess I'll get to play silvercase in like 4 months then. Thanks.

#15334 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7567 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Well shit I guess I'll get to play silvercase in like 4 months then. Thanks.

Yeah, I've got several orders with them currently that have been on hold for awhile, which is fine with me, as their stuff just goes in to the backlog pile anyways. LOL

#15335 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Dragon Quest Heroes II month-long of free content updates announced

Tekken 7 Gets New Gameplay Footage of Kazumi vs. Lee

Spoiler

Zero Time Dilemma coming to PS4

Persona 5 director Katsura Hashino thanks western fans

#15336 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

They're cheaper in store if you have any of them near you. Or you could check craigslist. A lot of people usually sell them there.

Yeah, the nearest store is an hour away. I suppose I could drive there and pick it up myself.

#15337 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

My wife once texted my when I was in the same room with her (our living room, with only family so no sound restrictions) and I might have given her the look of death. That was beyond annoying to me. So nah. Mokea didnt do it for me initially and her role in the plot didnt make her any more likeable. 

Oh Luka was cool too, I guess.

wireless_wizard2.png

For Shame.

(Edit:  apparently the .gif I used before didn't loop)

#15338 elessar123  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Eh. The missus is hearing impaired, and I have pulled out my phone to text her when she couldn't understand me vocally.

Sometimes, I just skip the possible frustration.

#15339 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Blaster Master Zero Gets New Demo Today Alongside Gunvolt DLC, Gal Gun’s Ekoro This June

Elminage Original Coming To 3DS In North America

Cladun Returns: This Is Sengoku Gets New Screenshots Showing 8-Bit RPG Action

Not JP: VA-11 HALL-A rated for everything

-

Marvelous Might Consider a PC Port of Uppers if Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni Performs Well on Steam

#15340 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

I just stick shitty old cheap bookshelves that I have to dust. I hate to dust.

Have you tried putting an air purifier or any video game consoles near them?  Video game consoles make amazing dust and such  collectors.  Especially the bc wii for whatever reason.  Wipe that down like twice a day.

#15341 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9048 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Dust is weird.  It seems to be strangely attracted to my dresser and end tables in addition to the electronics.  About every 4-6 months I have to take out all six consoles under my living room TV entertainment center and wipe absolutely everything down with Windex and 409.  It's crazy how much dust congregates in certain areas while it avoids other places entirely.  The unused Wii U Gamepad is inexplicably the biggest dust magnet in the entire house.  The playstation is a giant dust magnet while the cable DVR that runs hot 24/7 hardly gets dirty by comparision. 

#15342 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

For those of you who collect figures/statues, where do you get your glass display stands? I'm looking to get one.

Detolf for me as well. I also second the LED lights idea. 

I also really like using this stuff (in the clear color) on the cords as it helps me manage them. I have a hard time making cables look neat, but this really helps. It's a little bit time consuming, but not difficult, to do the first time. Worth it in my opinion.

https://www.cableorg...om/spiral-wrap/

Home improvement stores / amazon probably also have it

#15343 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

It's the one month anniversary of Persona 5! We're having a War of the Waifus poll in the Backloggers Anonymous thread! You can vote here too if you want (although I prefer if you did in the other thread.)

Pretty much vote for your favorite Waifu from Persona 5, but there's a twist! In true Persona Harem fashion, you can vote up to 3 waifus, but the less you vote, the more weight your vote counts. 1 Waifu = 3 votes to your love, 2 waifus = 2 votes each, 3 waifus = 1 vote each.

Not only limited to female confidants, you can vote the guys too if ya want to show your boi Yusuke some love. I guess animals, Personas, and Shadows count too... whatever tickles your fancy. 

I'll tally up the votes and voting will end in a week and maybe something cool will happen then.

Sorry if this seems lame... just trying to lighten things up. Also, MidoriMonkey is required to vote.

#15344 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:55 PM

It's more that if you are playing on a higher difficulty, they could potentially kill the MC before you could do anything. Whereas if the game let you get an ambush, you'd be able to dispatch them with relative ease. Basically you're playing with fire on higher difficulties when you don't ambush, even on lower level fights. Even if you don't die, you're taking needless damage that could be avoided if it would just let you toggle his ability.

While I agree with you on his ability needing a toggle, getting a phys and gun repel/null persona stacked with light and death repel/null and no elemental weaknesses with auto-defense means he should never die in that first round.  The annoyance comes in having to heal up afterwards: Even if it is cheap and easy to regen SP due to how laughably easy SP Adhesive 3 breaks the game, its still annoying.

#15345 elessar123  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

Who the hell has phys repel/null and curse+holy repel/null and no weaknesses?

And this is assuming they don't hit your team's weaknesses and get 6 turns anyways.

#15346 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

You'd have to do a lot of inheriting and pray that whoever inherits can actually inherit it because not all abilities are always inheritable on every Persona. It's also not something you're likely to have prior to end game or NG+ without a guide at which point Chariots ability is less of an annoyance. Unless there are null/repel cards, but I don't remember off hand if I came across any. Its been a few weeks since I beat it.

It's not a bad goal to gun for of course especially if you turn on the option to have your equipped persona to auto-reset to a specific one after battle (I think the top on the list or something?). Although I feel it's a little unrealistic to have mid-game when you unlock Chariots insta-kill ability. However I'm sure there are people out there who will somehow obtain something like that mid-game without assistance.

But yeah, you can still die if they use group attacks and hit a party members weaknesses. It just makes you a little tougher to kill.

#15347 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

Wtf there's a way to auto reset your persona?! The things I learn about this game after having already beat it.

#15348 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

Dust is weird.  It seems to be strangely attracted to my dresser and end tables in addition to the electronics.  About every 4-6 months I have to take out all six consoles under my living room TV entertainment center and wipe absolutely everything down with Windex and 409.  It's crazy how much dust congregates in certain areas while it avoids other places entirely.  The unused Wii U Gamepad is inexplicably the biggest dust magnet in the entire house.  The playstation is a giant dust magnet while the cable DVR that runs hot 24/7 hardly gets dirty by comparision. 

Huh that's weird my wiiu pad doesn't get any dust on it.  

#15349 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11867 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

We need that OP Yoshistune from P4 with all that skill inheritance at work.

#15350 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37647 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

Wtf there's a way to auto reset your persona?! The things I learn about this game after having already beat it.

If you turn off "Remember Persona" (or something to that effect) under Options, whichever persona you had equipped before entering a battle will be equipped afterwards.

#15351 Quagmilion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Quagmilion

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

Pretty much vote for your favorite Waifu from Persona 5, but there's a twist! In true Persona Harem fashion, you can vote up to 3 waifus, but the less you vote, the more weight your vote counts. 1 Waifu = 3 votes to your love, 2 waifus = 2 votes each, 3 waifus = 1 vote each.

Isn't that an unfair system where voting for 2 waifus gets you 4 points to contribute versus the 3 points for the other options? Don't want the true waifu to be eliminated by some guys who like threesomes...
Sae and Makoto ftw.

#15352 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

Isn't that an unfair system where voting for 2 waifus gets you 4 points to contribute versus the 3 points for the other options? Don't want the true waifu to be eliminated by some guys who like threesomes...
Sae and Makoto ftw.

I know they are close in the alphabet, but they are far enough away in the keyboard that you should not have accidentally typed "S" when you really meant "T" to say TAE and Makoto right :)?

Only a scumbag would date sisters!

Spoiler

#15353 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Gravity Rush 2 free ‘NieR: Automata Collaboration Pack’ and ‘Dark Angel’ costume now available in the west - DL

Akiba’s Beat Director Aims to Expose Our Otaku Delusions Through Deep Narrative

#15354 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1961 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

If you turn off "Remember Persona" (or something to that effect) under Options, whichever persona you had equipped before entering a battle will be equipped afterwards.

I forgot this was a thing. Should be useful to keep your auto-kaja spells on the top.

#15355 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Hmm, according to front page of the site it looks like Fate/Extella for Vita is on sale for $26.48 on Amazon

Tempting, but I'll be getting the game for the Switch so I'm not sure I need the Vita version...

Also, speaking of waifus, I'd recommend checking out a site my friend made called MyWaifuList. You can add, vote or trash any anime, game, etc character you'd like. Looks like Makoto is in the lead on the site with Futaba in 2nd place, you can see the results here.

#15356 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Kat cosplaying 2Booty makes it a great Booty Pussycat combo. Reminder that if you were unfortunate enough (BlackRockWaifu) to never buy Gravity Rush Remastered (shame on you) before it went OOP that the digital version is currently on sale for $15 during Golden Week on PSN.

More evidence that Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions is real

#15357 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1990 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Sae and Makoto ftw.

Harem end is best end.

#15358 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3870 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Only a scumbag would date sisters!

Spoiler

I've mentioned it before, but I did this, but for a far more petty reason. 

Spoiler

#15359 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

:ps4: The Final Guardian $28.46

Sae and Makoto ftw.

Yeah, I thought about that many times. The system worked better for picking games, since most people usually picked two. I guess since the game makes it really tempting to have a harem, I'll just give it more points.

Also, I'm surprised at how little love Ann gets. I remembered when the trailers first dropped, everyone was head over heels for her. Now she's actually drifted to the wayside... side girl status... feelsbadwoman. Ryuji x Ann tho!

Also, speaking of waifus, I'd recommend checking out a site my friend made called MyWaifuList. You can add, vote or trash any anime, game, etc character you'd like. Looks like Makoto is in the lead on the site with Futaba in 2nd place, you can see the results here.

That site is sick! Also, Kurumi Tokisaki is #1 in the Date A Live section, so I would say the voting is right and not rigged.

#15360 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

Dark Rose Valkyrie Has Some Interesting Interrogation Systems Detailed in New Screenshots

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Music by Anúna Made Composer Cry; “Wonderful” Performance by Bratislava Choir

Superbeat: Xonic for PS4 launches June 6 in North America, June 9 in Europe; for Xbox One on June 7