* * * * - 22 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#15721 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7336 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:12 AM

When Mario, Fire Emblem, and SMT are on it....I will find it hard to resist. Also if something like Story of Seasons Switch comes out....I will be happy like a little school girl. Right now there isn't enough, and I wont do like i did for the PS4 and get it early. Honestly that first year and a half or so of PS4 was pretty lame. It was pretty much Battlefield 4, Infamous Second Son, and......well that's it....until Bloodborne came out, and then I was like oh yeah PS4 is nice!

#15722 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3807 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 01:08 AM

When Mario, Fire Emblem, and SMT are on it....I will find it hard to resist. Also if something like Story of Seasons Switch comes out....I will be happy like a little school girl. Right now there isn't enough, and I wont do like i did for the PS4 and get it early. Honestly that first year and a half or so of PS4 was pretty lame. It was pretty much Battlefield 4, Infamous Second Son, and......well that's it....until Bloodborne came out, and then I was like oh yeah PS4 is nice!

Yeah once the new tales of game/remake and fire emblem are on there I will cave.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#15723 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:55 AM

It looks like Dead or Alive 5 has two DLC costume sets that are being discontinued. The first is the Fairy Tail costumes that discontinue on June 20th and the next is the Attack on Titan costumes that discontinue on July 18th.

Thanks for the tip. I really hate that stuff that's digital only can go away and be inaccessible, but it's at least a little better when the publisher gives a heads-up first. I wonder if it'll go on sale before the date.

Posted Image

#15724 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8885 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

I'll cave

#15725 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   4966 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:06 PM

Outside of Tekken 7, nothing really stands out this week unless you've been waiting for Ys Origin on the Vita to release. Although Tokyo 42 looks interesting and Lock's Quest is a port of a game that was highly rated from the DS.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord (Strategy | Chinese Only)
- 归墟纪·寂夜 FINAL WORLD (VR | Action RPG)

Weekly Releases (May 28th - June 3rd)

Blaster Master Zero - EX Character Ekoro
- Platform(s): 3DS, Switch
- Genre: Action / Platformer
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: I guess this is just a DLC character?

Tekken 7
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: Fighter
- Online: Yes.

Lock's Quest
- Genre: 2D Action RPG / Tower Defense
- Comments: Port of the DS game. Not Japanese. Probably digital only.

Ys Origin
- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Previously released on the PS4 & PC. LRG release for PS4 & Vita sometime later.

Tokyo 42
- Genre: Shooter / Cyberpunk / Isometric
- Comments: Not Japanese.

Dragonia
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Twinstick Shooter

LoveKami -Useless Goddess-
- Genre: Visual Novel

斩毒:黑与白(Narcotics Police:Black and White)
- Genre: FPS
- Comments: Chinese dev. Chinese language only.

Super Army of Tentacles 3: The Search for Army of Tentacles 2
- Genre: Visual Novel / RPG
- Comments: Not Japanese. I couldn't make shit like this up if I tried.

Past Releases
May 21st - May 27th
May 14th - May 20th
May 7th - May 13th
April 30th - May 6th
April 23rd - April 29th

#15726 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted Today, 12:23 PM

Outside of Tekken 7, nothing really stands out this week unless you've been waiting for Ys Origins on the Vita to release. Although Tokyo 42 looks interesting and Lock's Quest is a port of a game that was highly rated from the DS.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord (Strategy | Chinese Only)
- 归墟纪·寂夜 FINAL WORLD (VR | Action RPG)

Weekly Releases (May 28th - June 3rd)

Blaster Master Zero - EX Character Ekoro
- Platform(s): 3DS, Switch
- Genre: Action / Platformer
- Comments: I guess this is just a DLC character?

Tekken 7
- Genre: Fighter

Lock's Quest
- Genre: 2D Action RPG / Tower Defense
- Comments: Port of the DS game. Not Japanese. Probably digital only.

Ys Origins
- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Previously released on the PS4 & PC.

Tokyo 42
- Genre: Shooter / Cyberpunk / Isometric
- Comments: Not Japanese.

Dragonia
- Genre: Twinstick Shooter

LoveKami -Useless Goddess-
- Genre: Visual Novel

斩毒:黑与白(Narcotics Police:Black and White)
- Genre: FPS
- Comments: Chinese dev. Chinese language only.

Super Army of Tentacles 3: The Search for Army of Tentacles 2
- Genre: Visual Novel / RPG
- Comments: Not Japanese. I couldn't make shit like this up if I tried.

Past Releases
May 21st - May 27th
May 14th - May 20th
May 7th - May 13th
April 30th - May 6th
April 23rd - April 29th

Is there no special edition for Ys?

#15727 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   4966 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:26 PM

Is there no special edition for Ys?

https://www.limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/ys-origin-coming-soon

#15728 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted Today, 02:25 PM

https://twitter.com/...958282840526848

https://www.limitedr...gin-coming-soon

I thought I remembered something. Hopefully they announce what it is soon, since play Asia also has a physical.

#15729 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3569 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

Steins;Gate Elite, Anonymous;Code for Switch, Occultic;Nine Japanese release date, and Robotics;Notes Dash announced

Nights of Azure 2 for PS4, PS Vita and Switch Gets 1080p PS4 Screenshots; Arnice Returns and More

Little Witch Academia: The Witch of Time and the Seven Wonders announced for PS4

#15730 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:13 PM

C'mon PQube

Posted Image

#15731 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted Today, 04:24 PM

YkIDuLK.gif

#15732 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1669 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:13 PM

It looks like Dead or Alive 5 has two DLC costume sets that are being discontinued. The first is the Fairy Tail costumes that discontinue on June 20th and the next is the Attack on Titan costumes that discontinue on July 18th.

thanks alot ! I appreciate the heads up when stuff is getting discontinued.

I expect the attack on titan stage will also be disappearing too right?
hopefully a deep sale will be coming for those sets.

#15733 NeoMonk  

Posted Today, 05:49 PM

I might finally buy Steins:Gate  :-

EO0hMQWYQl.gif

#15734 artego   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:52 PM

Yeah, hope someone gives a heads up if those DLC go on sale... wish they started discounting the new Season Passes already :/

#15735 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted Today, 07:02 PM

This was one of the issues I've always had with digital-only goods, the ever-looming presence of the content being "gone for good." If some of the Fairy Tail costumes go on sale, I may cave and pick up one or two (those Senran Kagura outfits are still my favorite). 

It's all just talk right now. There is zero reason for me to give Nintendo $300+ on good faith alone. Especially given their track record. 

Same here. I'm not even remotely swayed towards another Nintendo console. I also have yet to see any games for the system that make me even want it. And re-releasing different versions of games from other consoles certainly won't do it.

Outside of Tekken 7, nothing really stands out this week unless you've been waiting for Ys Origin on the Vita to release. 

Wow, forgot that Tekken 7 was already coming out. I was originally going to pre-order it, but I've been so into Injustice 2 lately, I might hold off for a bit.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#15736 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:26 PM

Should be noted that Season Pass 4 will be removed as well but that's because both of those sets were in that pack. It wouldn't be a problem since you can still buy the other packs separately but it also mentions the exclusive Ayane Miyama Ageha costume that you get for buying that specific Season Pass will be removed too.

Found it odd Season Pass 4 didn't have a sale this past April since Season Pass 1-3 had sales a year after their respective releases. So my guess is they're saving the sale for sometime soon (there hasn't been any DOA5 sales recently either) or worst case scenario is they won't have one to force people to cough up $93.