* * * * - 23 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#16141 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

First round KO by Nintendo and it wasn't even close. Good god a'mighty.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#16142 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1369 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

So far, not impressed with any E3 showings, aside from that awesome looking Spider-Man game.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#16143 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7693 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Creative Mario games always sell me on systems like Mario 3D Land and the Galaxies and such. Mario Odyssey looks like it will be fun. Whenever the SMT game is out....will be the day I have the Switch though. Also it's sad but Mario in a serape made me smile haha going around in some Mexican pueblo. I'm easy to please sometimes haha.

#16144 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4430 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

So far, not impressed with any E3 showings, aside from that awesome looking Spider-Man game.

Yeah, forgot about Spidey, that was pretty bad ass.

#16145 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

Imma just say Nintendo killed E3 for me. Actual new game announcements.

Yeah, they showed a bunch of games I'm willing when they release and not wait until they're cheaply discounted lol

F3u2Hyi.jpg

#16146 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1050 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Blue Reflection is up on Best Buy now:

http://www.bestbuy.c...Product&cmp=RMX

Posted Image

#16147 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3804 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Metroid: Samus Returns Remake for 3DS on E3 Treehouse; Releases Sept 15

Spoiler

Kingdom Hearts III Director Tetsuya Nomura Designed a Character for Xenoblade Chronicles 2

#16148 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2511 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

That Dante in MvCI isn't even Dante from DmC. It's some other abomination.

I feel like that's the one and only thing they did well, get the old Dante from DMC3 and not the new one.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#16149 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

.hack//G.U. Remaster was pretty requested. I never played them, though I wish they would have done the other 4 previous games first, though I believe these have better gameplay.

For me E3 has been the Atlus announcements, Monster Hunter (don't care about Shadow of Collosus remake, even though I'm not a fan of MH gameplay) and hopefully something cool from Nintendo. I also think that prison break game looks neat and Skull & Bones looks cool too, since i'm a pirate games fan, and there just isn't too many of them. I hope NISA announces something too since their plate is looking a little light after September releases.

All of this is how I feel too

Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life E3 2017 trailers

Buy these Yakuza games please everyone! Zero is awesome and I'm glad Pocket Circuit racing is returning in Kiwami

Kingdom Hearts III Director Tetsuya Nomura Designed a Character for Xenoblade Chronicles 2

No wonder KH3 is taking so long... and my TWEWY sequel

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#16150 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7693 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Yakuza Kiwami is a no brainer with a cheap price and a steelbook. Also Yakuza 1 had a decent story IMHO and this should help the somewhat antiquated gameplay (still good mind you on the PS2). If they remake Yakuza 2 will be another wishlist item.

#16151 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2330 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

And now we know why Nintendo jumped on the fan-remake of Metroid II like a rabid wolverine. Normally it takes them a little longer to get their cease-and-desist shenaningans going, but they hopped on that fan project with both feet. Turns out they already had their own version on the back burner.

I'm excited to see the new official Metroid II remake. (but I'm also going to be hanging onto the version of the fan-game that I downloaded and backed up)

#16152 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3553 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

.hack//G.U. Remaster was pretty requested. I never played them, though I wish they would have done the other 4 previous games first, though I believe these have better gameplay.

If we say that G.U. improved on the gameplay of the original quadrilogy by about 1.5x, then I think it's fair to say the writing and plot is about 20x worse. I honestly would have preferred they just jump directly into a new game. Maybe get the writers from .hack//Quantum, that was actually pretty good.

#16153 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3804 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

Metroid: Samus Returns Gets New Amiibo and a Special Edition with Retro Reversible Cover

Spoiler

Metroid Prime 4 Not Being Developed by Retro Studios; New Team and Series Producer Kensuke Tanabe Onboard

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Get New Trailers from NIS America

Spoiler

#16154 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2204 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with the hype train when I say this (I too am more excited about the Big N):

But of course Nintendo had "the best showing." They have the newest system and the fewest games already released for said system.  If they can't generate more excitement at this point in time than Sony or Microsoft, then they'd be better off just hanging up the small green boxing gloves for good.

#16155 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5826 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Nintendo sequels generate excitement.   Several franchises go years or a decade without an appearance on home television consoles.  Everyone is sick of all the dudebro shooters and the open-world Ubisoft formula.

People on CAG probably think I'm a giant Nintendo fanboy and I'm really not.  I spend all of my time gaming on my PC and my PS4.   It's just that Nintendo breathes some much-needed fresh air into everything.  The cartoony escapism just works, when everything else is going for realism or a serious tone. They bring you full circle back to the root of video games.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#16156 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3804 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash Gets Fanservice Filled Trailer and Screenshots for E3 2017

Spoiler

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Gets New Switch Gameplay Trailer and Screenshots

Spoiler

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Gets Action Filled E3 Trailer Showing Plenty of Gameplay

Spoiler

Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection Gets New Trailer and Screenshots Shown at E3

Spoiler

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Shows Risky Boots Platforming Onto the Switch

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV Story DLC Episode Prompto Gets Release Date and Screenshots

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions announced for 3DS

Super Mario Odyssey Gets 20 Minutes of Gameplay and Screenshots Aplenty

Spoiler

#16157 janesvilleninja   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

janesvilleninja

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:31 PM

What was the coupon code for square store that was on the square e3 show ?
Posted Image

#16158 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:02 PM

Sony is against online crossplay to protect the children!

this is a very funny read:

Spoiler

F3u2Hyi.jpg

#16159 elessar123  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

Jqd45Ej.png

601.gif

Spoiler

#16160 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

Bundle Stars Star Deal

Trillion God of Destruction $5.99

https://www.bundlest...-of-destruction

I like that bundle stars have been giving a lot of japanese game focus in their star deals.

#16161 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3452 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

I'm so divided on Xenoblade 2. The music is great, but the voice acting is terrible, and the art style makes it look like a shitty Tales game. The battles seemed okay, but running very slow. Makes it hard to believe that the game is supposed to come out this year since the world looked pretty empty. 

Metroid Prime 4 could be good, but 3 wasn't that memorable so I'm not really expecting a whole lot there. 

I'm glad Nintendo showed actual games, but it's nothing that makes me want to go out and get a Switch any time soon. Mario looks fun, but doesn't really seem as essential as the Galaxy games were. 

Tokyo Game Show is the only gaming event that I really look forward to. E3 is always just moviegame bullshit and huge presentations for games that won't be out for at least two years. 

#16162 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39620 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

Bundle Stars Star Deal
I like that bundle stars have been giving a lot of japanese game focus in their star deals.

FYI, you can't redeem if in Democratic People's Republic of Korea

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#16163 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3804 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Fire Emblem Warriors Gets First Gameplay and Plenty of Beautiful Screenshots

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Gets Fantastic Screenshots and First Gameplay Footage

Spoiler

35 minutes of Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay

Spoiler

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions Confirmed for 3DS: Gallery & Gameplay Video

Spoiler

Nintendo Shows off Gameplay for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and Screenshots for Rabid Fans

Spoiler

Ni No Kuni II PS4 Gameplay and Screenshots Look Fantastic; Shows Giant Boss and More

Spoiler

#16164 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

FYI, you can't redeem if in Democratic People's Republic of Korea

http://store.steampo...ublic_of_Korea/

#16165 cloudmd23   Tojo Clan Member CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:57 PM

Nintendo is killing it today. Makes it very hard to have a productive work day.

#16166 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1050 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

Looks like DOA5LR Season Pass 4 didn't go on sale even though it's delisted next week. Maybe it'll show up in a weekend sale? (..Or just not go on sale at all)

Posted Image

#16167 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3913 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

It builds the lore and the characters despite the large abundance of slice of life. If you're fast forwarding in a visual novel, why even bother playing it?

I doubt it adds anything people didn't already know from the anime thus my earlier point of skipping crap since nothing important likely happens that you don't already know.    As for why skip because its also an srpg which is the part I am interested in.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#16168 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3913 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

If we say that G.U. improved on the gameplay of the original quadrilogy by about 1.5x, then I think it's fair to say the writing and plot is about 20x worse. I honestly would have preferred they just jump directly into a new game. Maybe get the writers from .hack//Quantum, that was actually pretty good.

The first games writing wasn't too bad.  Much more heavy on the cheese than I would like.  Now the second game in the trio on the other hand was filler and offensive as hell regarding what they did with a certain character from the prequel anime roots. 

#16169 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3913 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

Bundle Stars Star Deal

Oh thank you for this.  Added it to the ol backlog.

#16170 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5091 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:10 AM

I doubt it adds anything people didn't already know from the anime thus my earlier point of skipping crap since nothing important likely happens that you don't already know.    As for why skip because its also an srpg which is the part I am interested in.

Buh? The first anime is based on a different game than Mask of Deception/Truth. The second (most recent) anime is very different than the actual game with events, but based on Mask of Deception (Not Mask of Truth as it ends before the game). The entire end of the anime is COMPLETELY different than the game, leaving out a ton of info and a lot of the stuff that happened through it is very different than what happened in the game.

The first game from 2002 can be skipped over in favor of the original anime season from 2006 though.