* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#16651 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Atelier Firis PS4 dropped to $19.99 today at GS and Amazon matched it:
http://www.gamestop....-journey/139552

Thanks! Picked up my copy during lunch. It will sit next to the other seven Atelier titles i have and have not finished. =)

#16652 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

I am also wondering which of these are exclusives. Do they charge at time of preorder or once the game ships? Also, I'm aware that if you preorder multiple titles they send them all at the same time instead of when they come out, so I would end up doing three transactions. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#16653 elessar123  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

No idea, but they won't have discounts if they go on Amazon anyways. And yes, they charge a week or so before it ships. And if you split it too much, you'll have to pay shipping multiple times.

Spoiler

#16654 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

No idea, but they won't have discounts if they go on Amazon anyways. And yes, they charge a week or so before it ships. And if you split it too much, you'll have to pay shipping multiple times.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how easy it is to cancel orders? 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#16655 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5391 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Some Overwatch news for those players here. Doomfist has finally been properly announced and is on the PTR servers on the PC, so expect him to go live in a few weeks. The PTR also is still testing the new lootboxes that significantly lower the chance of duplicates which will likely go live with Doomfist. His ability loadout can be found here. Doomfist is not voiced by Terry Crews. Plus some extra Doomfist lore that was posted a few days ago.

Reporting on console is still in development. If you haven't played in a while, the Moon Base level has been live for around a month now.

#16656 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5649 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Just contact them, and they will cancel, no problem.

#16657 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

They send out emails when they're going to bill you soon, a week or two before an item's release date I believe. Those emails always have instructions to contact them if you need to change anything and usually indicate a specific subject line to make sure your ticket is prioritized with all the other similar issues.

I've had the most success contacting them after that email, and using the exact subject they indicate. When I do that they're always very understanding and do cancellations, separations, applying rewards points, giving rewards points if I forgot to log in and combining orders.

I've mostly been successful contacting them outside of these windows, but rarely I've sent an email and it's sat until the billing period was coming up for the associated product anyway. It almost seems like they beef up support around product releases, maybe, but I'm not sure.

In short I've never had problems cancelling something even if there's a long delay from support for whatever reason.

Posted Image

#16658 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

With NISA, you can't cancel orders online, but it's very easy to cancel an order if you call them.

#16659 NeoMonk  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

The Splatoon 2 direct was very cool, gotta update the old meme.

Spoiler

b6g1NUv.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#16660 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

The Splatoon 2 direct was very cool, gotta update the old meme.

Spoiler

200.gif

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#16661 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1717 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

Unrelated but if anyone lives in NYC, Bookoff is having their midsummer madness sale. Books/Dvds/Cds are 20% off. This excludes new items. They don't say it, but it probably excludes figures too.

#16662 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Thanks! Picked up my copy during lunch. It will sit next to the other seven Atelier titles i have and have not finished. =)

LOL!  I now have Atelier Rorona Plus (PS3), Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis.

Atelier Rorona is the only one I've played, but I enjoyed it.  Not a fan of having time limits you have to deal with, but it really wasn't that hard to hit all the goals before the days ran out.

Join Ebates

Join PrizeRebel

#16663 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

BTW anyone waiting for a write up on Dal Segno after a route, been busy with family. Will likely start playing again today. So far story and characters are fairly weak. I'm not crazy about it, but it's alright so far. I always seem to choose the weirdest/worst characters first.

#16664 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

Nintendo is going to make me wait a year until they make a Pearl & Marina amiibo to go along side my Callie & Marie aren't they?

7-minute Japanese Splatoon 2 trailer

Spoiler

Lots of Splatoon 2 screenshots and art

Nintendo Switch Online / SplatNet 2 screenshots

Splatoon 2 – Listen to “Ebb & Flow” by Off the Hook

Spoiler

Japan’s first Splatfest for Splatoon 2 is rock vs. pop

This last one makes us at GGT very sad to not be able to support our K-Pop group.

If enough people here buy it, we can schedule games.

NinteSwitch.gif

Edit: Reading that guy's post, I think I might just wait to see if a lot of other people here are picking it up at launch. So who is? If enough people are, I'll probably get it.

I think a few here imported the game already. I just hope they add more future content since aside from the crossover characters the game has only gotten 1 new map and 1 new mode "Capture the Flag Bra" along with 2 episode missions since release.

a2JEVSf.gifT6rlETZ.gif

#16665 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4374 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Root Letter Released for PC on Steam; Kadokawa Games Teases More Games “in the Near Future”

PS Vita Exclusive Tokyo Clanpool Gets First Battle System Details

Iwaihime: Matsuri Receives Terrifying Character Trailer For Toe Kurokami

The Great Ace Attorney 2 Gets New Trailer Celebrating Completed Development

Nights of Azure 2 Gets New Trailer; Shows Comparison Against Nights of Azure

Spoiler

Death end re;Quest Gets First Trailer and Key Art

Spoiler

#16666 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Was Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain actually confirmed for western release? I saved an article in my news reader from niche gamer, but it looks like they pulled it. I can't find much on the other normal sites about it.

http://nichegamer.co...or-ps4-ps-vita/

A google cache of the page has "NIS America has announced a western release for Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain.

The Nippon Ichi Software-developed dungeon RPG will launch sometime next year for both PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. The game’s western name will also drop the “and”, reducing it to simply Coven Labyrinth of Refrain.

Further details weren’t confirmed."

so not much info anyway.

Posted Image

#16667 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3753 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

Basically a "How to" get people uninterested in your product.

I feel like G.U. does a sufficient job of that all by itself.

I wish FLCL2 didn't exist, but at least the music will be worth it.

Are... are you me?

I'm not sure that paying $44 for a shitty looking fighting game is a good deal. I think I'll buy it at $20.

"Capcom game"

"Not Monster Hunter"

"Buy"

These are three concepts that don't even fit together in my mind anymore.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#16668 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but just finished Nier Automata.  I was pleasantly surprised by it and ended up enjoying it much more than I thought I would.  My biggest take away from it was the music as I thought it was fantastic.  I am conflicted on the final ending(route e). 

Spoiler

#16669 Toranth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but just finished Nier Automata.  I was pleasantly surprised by it and ended up enjoying it much more than I thought I would.  My biggest take away from it was the music as I thought it was fantastic.  I am conflicted on the final ending(route e). 

My internet connection is flaky, so the game had automatically kicked me to "Offline" mode earlier.  It took me nearly 10 hours - and I never want to hear that song again.  Ever.

Worth it, though next time I'd just cheat.

#16670 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Wait Demon Gaze 2 is getting localized, and a PS4 release? I missed that, nice.

PSN: sic2291 
Steam: Pimpalicious1987

#16671 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2856 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

I feel the need to share this. I apologize in advance.

Sorry.

Nico Nico Nii!!!

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#16672 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10405 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Was Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain actually confirmed for western release? I saved an article in my news reader from niche gamer, but it looks like they pulled it. I can't find much on the other normal sites about it.

http://nichegamer.co...or-ps4-ps-vita/

A google cache of the page has "NIS America has announced a western release for Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain.

The Nippon Ichi Software-developed dungeon RPG will launch sometime next year for both PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. The game’s western name will also drop the “and”, reducing it to simply Coven Labyrinth of Refrain.

Further details weren’t confirmed."

so not much info anyway.

no. it was misinformation

#16673 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5391 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Now that the Steam Summer Sale is over, we've swung back into longer release lists. This weeks star is a remake/port, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. Not my cup of tea since I disliked the battle system immensely, but I know many people are looking forward to it.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Libra of the Vampire Princess: Lycoris & Aoi in "The Promise" PLUS Iris in "Homeworld" (Visual Novel)
- Spirits: Ciel Bleu (Visual Novel)
- Battle Girls (Visual Novel)
- Antiquia Lost (RPG)
- An Oath to the Stars (SHMUP / Bullet Hell)

- √Letter - Root Letter - (Visual Novel)

Weekly Releases (July 9th - July 15th)

Asdivine Cross
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: KEMCO mobile port. First non-mobile platform for this title. Likely a digital only title.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: A port of the remake for the original FFXII that was never localized. A lot of changes to the game, most notably the job system.

Wild Guns Reloaded
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Gallery Shooter
- Online: Local only.
- Comments: Previously released on the PS4.

Girls and Quiz
- Genre: Quiz? / Dating Sim?
- Comments: Russian dev. Ehhh.

Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator
- Genre: Datimg Sim
- Comments: By Game Grumps, so obviously not Japanese.

Airi's World
- Genre: Adventure / RPG?

War Tech Fighters
- Genre: Action / Mech
- Comments: Early access. Italian Dev.

Soulslayer~灭魂·误佳期~
- Genre: Visual Novel / Detective
- Comments: Chinese dev.

Chinese Souls-Hua Garden/中华之魂-华园
- Genre: Action
- Comments: Chinese dev.

My Personal Angel
- Genre: Visual Novel? / Adventure
- Comments: Russian dev.

Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED (DLC)

- Genre: Rhythm / Roguelike
- Comments: Not Japanese, but the game is awesome. So I'm adding the DLC in. Other platforms are likely at a later date.

Past Releases
July 2nd - July 8th
June 25th - July 1st
June 18th - June 24th
June 11th - June 17th
June 4th - June 10th

#16674 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

I won't be using this... Enjoy!

Play-Asia $5 off $60 coupon (expires 7/17)

HE-YNI-YWC

#16675 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1717 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

BundleStars stardeal is Stranger of Sword City for $16, a little cheaper than the previous low steam price of $20 from last week.

https://www.bundlest..._eid=3128bfee84

#16676 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5391 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

^ Sucks that we never got the enhanced version of that game on PC and likely never will.

#16677 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2856 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Amazon Warehouse Deals has 20% off a couple of used items, included rare soldout niche LEs. 

:ps4: Touhou Genso Wanderer Limited Edition $61-$51 LN - A (After 20% off would be under $50, around $45 or so)

Also,

:vita: Trails of Cold Steel (Lightning deal) - $23.39 

:vita: Earth Defense Force 2 - 9:05 AM EST

:ps4: Fate/Extella - 9:10 AM EST (Shows LE but listed as CE but link goes to LE so probably LE) 

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#16678 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4374 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

Falcom President Would Like to Release His Games on Nintendo Switch

Neptunia Producer Talks About Using Unreal Engine 4 Again for Future Games

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux Gets New Trailer Showing Story and Gameplay

Bloodstained Developers Are Considering A Staggered Model For Releasing Content

#16679 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3735 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:57 AM

In other news, Fire Pro Wrestling World comes out on Early Access for Steam today. If you guys are a fan you should definitely get it. It's going to be awesome.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#16680 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

In other news, Fire Pro Wrestling World comes out on Early Access for Steam today. If you guys are a fan you should definitely get it. It's going to be awesome.

PS4 4 Lyfe.