* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#17221 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20375 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:40 AM

Dark Elf was released on Steam today.

It has a 40% discount for the first week making it $2.39.

http://store.steampo...65180/Dark_Elf/

It's a hentai rpg maker game so it's NSFW. The steam release is censored but there should be a patch to uncensor it out there.

Tempted since it also comes with 2 free games for on release promotion.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#17222 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   751 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

Two dancing games man Atlus is on a spin-off roll now. Well I'm sure they'll be fun games even if the plot is stupid and Atlus makes it canon anyway. Don't know why they changed Minato's headphones though, his old ones were real cool (I'm sure they had a sponsorship deal with a headphone company like they had for P4D), and man those Splatoon shoes sure are somethin'...

Some of the remixes should be pretty cool though, both for P3 and P5. More good remixes and less of these hopefully: 

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#17223 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3631 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

Two dancing games man Atlus is on a spin-off roll now. Well I'm sure they'll be fun games even if the plot is stupid and Atlus makes it canon anyway. Don't know why they changed Minato's headphones though, his old ones were real cool (I'm sure they had a sponsorship deal with a headphone company like they had for P4D), and man those Splatoon shoes sure are somethin'...

I kind of want to punch 3MC for wearing those shoes.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#17224 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

Bamco is killing it with these Asia English releases. Will buy for sure

EDIT: Now with a gif.

VeDef.gif

#17225 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3984 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

Square Enix Announces Solid Results thanks to Nier: Automata, Final Fantasy XIV and More

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi for PS4, Switch and PC Gets Japanese Release Date, Screenshots And Trailer

#17226 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Preorders for .hack//G.U. Last Recode PREMIUM EDITION (Japan) are up.

AmiAmi - (Bonus) PS4 Theme - 9,600 JPY

PlayAsia - $99.99

No idea if we're getting a LE/CE for the US though. I don't mind double dipping since it's .hack.

#17227 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20375 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

Bamco is killing it with these Asia English releases. Will buy for sure

EDIT: Now with a gif.

VeDef.gif

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#17228 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

I was led to the live action version of this

#17229 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3491 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Some of the remixes should be pretty cool though, both for P3 and P5. More good remixes and less of these hopefully: 

P4D was one of my more anticipated titles when it was announced. It was really sad that a music game had so many terrible tracks. I still play it every now and then and just stick to the normal tracks. 

#17230 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

P4D was one of my more anticipated titles when it was announced. It was really sad that a music game had so many terrible tracks. I still play it every now and then and just stick to the normal tracks. 

Just blame Dingo. :lol:

Probably gunna be better. Hopefully

#17231 Defvayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Defvayne

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

I liked the music in P4 a lot, but can't think of a single track I liked in P4D.

P3 has my favorite music in the series, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I would prefer they use the original tracks, or give the option of playing OG or remix.

#17232 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3984 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

You Decide What the Real Story is in ICEY, Out August 8 on PS4

Spoiler

Atelier Liddy and Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting news coming August 10

#17233 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

I guess I'm the opposite of everyone here. I can't find a song in P4D that I didn't like.

I have a playlist of all the music from the game and occasionally listen to it.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to the other dancing games.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: Switch: Mario Kart 8, Zelda: BotW  :ps4: Injustice 2, Akibas Beat, Persona 5   :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Battlefield Hardline   :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Atelier Shallie Plus, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter   :3ds:  Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#17234 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

I know White Day has been talked about in this thread, but according to one of the people who worked on it, it's only available on Amazon in the states. Pretty safe to say not many will be printed. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#17235 failgecko   CAL - Cheap Ass Loser CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

failgecko

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

I know White Day has been talked about in this thread, but according to one of the people who worked on it, it's only available on Amazon in the states. Pretty safe to say not many will be printed. 

I was worried this was the case and was waiting for BB for GCU.  :wall:  Any possibility of a source for the exclusivity info?

#17236 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

I was worried this was the case and was waiting for BB for GCU.  :wall:  Any possibility of a source for the exclusivity info?

6AkUlk2.jpg

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#17237 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Does the CE not come with a physical copy of  the game?

Edit: Just saw. That really sucks. Looks like I'm cancelling my preorder. 

#17238 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Does the CE not come with a physical copy of  the game?

Edit: Just saw. That really sucks. Looks like I'm cancelling my preorder. 

Yeah, this was everyone's problem with the CE, as I've seen some over the years that don't include the game, to save on cost, but this was a "dropped ball" for sure. WTF?! was SEGA thinking?

EDIT: Considering this is the best looking Sonic game in ages, and the fact that the CE set actually has some cool items, the physical game seemed a no brainer. But I guess a brain must first be a part of the equation for that to happen. LOL

#17239 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11012 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

I got the P4DAN CE and blast that music in my car on a daily basis. I always try hard to 1-up those black guys blasting hip-hop with my "Heartbreak, Heartbreak".

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17240 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10979 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

I got the P4DAN CE and blast that music in my car on a daily basis. I always try hard to 1-up those black guys blasting hip-hop with my "Heartbreak, Heartbreak".

Its always funny when i pull up to someone going hard to rap or trap music, and im just bopping out to some weird edm or anime/game soundtrack

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#17241 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3631 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

Its always funny when i pull up to someone going hard to rap or trap music, and im just bopping out to some weird edm or anime/game soundtrack

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#17242 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11012 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I will be beyond happy if the new Atelier still comes to the Vita.

I really enjoy the series but just need time to play them, having them on the Vita really helps. Just finished Escha/Logy.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17243 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3982 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

I will be beyond happy if the new Atelier still comes to the Vita.

I really enjoy the series but just need time to play them, having them on the Vita really helps. Just finished Escha/Logy.

I don't know why I keep buying them when I never play them xd  besides ayesha anyway

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#17244 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7876 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

I don't know why I keep buying them when I never play them xd  besides ayesha anyway

Same. Last I played was Totori. I always get them when they get to the $20ish range. I'm not quite as fond of these games as I was the PS2 ones for some reason. Course I haven't played any in a while either.

#17245 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11012 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Waiting on a good price on Shallie, next Golden Week perhaps?

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17246 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7876 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

Waiting on a good price on Shallie, next Golden Week perhaps?

Yup:(.

#17247 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1651 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

I would be happy if they keep the open world aspect of Firis. The world design was really good.

I wonder if they'll mention the mobile game too.

#17248 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

The intro was the best track in P4DAN imo. As for the remixes, I found some I liked and some that would have been better left alone.

#17249 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5182 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

Nice, Trails in the Sky trilogy on PC will be getting Turbo Mode added much like how Cold Steel on the PC has it.

Direct Twitter Link

Spoiler

Also, uh, for the Trails players here. XSeed may have just confirmed they're working on the Crossbell duology which would complete the series thus far in English. See here. As for what it's referencing, check here. You will want to skip ahead a little into the video for when the suit gets put on (It's short, so I didn't bother timestamping the link). Really trying hard not to get my hopes up after seeing that.

EDIT: It's likely a Zwei II reference though since that one doesn't have hair sticking out and the sign says Super Service Day the same way as the 'tease'. Just have to pray it's a double entendre since they showed it during the Trails stream. Probably not though. Won't get my hopes up though.

#17250 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

The intro was the best track in P4DAN imo. As for the remixes, I found some I liked and some that would have been better left alone.

I agree, I actually have that opening track in my listening rotation. Some of the remixes are almost unlistenable for me though.