* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#1741 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

Zero Time Dilemma launches June 28 for PS Vita and 3DS, later this year for PC; first trailer

Visual novel ChuShingura46+1 looking to release in English on Steam

Reunite with a childhood friend in visual novel Season Of 12 Colors

Multiclassing is a handy bonus in Stranger Of Sword City

Final Fantasy XIV login campaign available until mid-April

New content update trailer for The Reject Demon: Toko shows off more vocal talent

Hatsune Miku Magical Mirai 2016 to be held September 9-11 at Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall

#1742 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

Visual novel ChuShingura46+1 looking to release in English on Steam

I don't know how well it would do since it's Kickstarter tanked.

#1743 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:04 AM

VR is going to kill Japan and possibly half the people here

2580032-1387085495171.gif

aOGV8un.gif

#1744 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:22 AM

Below you can find some pics of the my Euro CE of Estival Versus. The box is really well made and durable and the coloring on it really stands. The character cards don't seem to be as good as the US version, but the soundtrack and artbook are really nice touches. On to the daki...IT'S GLORIOUS. While not favorite characters from the series, the material is really nice. Would be great to actually sleep on, not that I will sleep with it. I'd say its about the equivalent of those really expensive Japanese dakis.

For $100 shipped i think it was a pretty good deal. It has my seal of approval.

https://photos.googl...y1yM0JYQ1lzNUlB

#1745 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:28 AM

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics rated in Australia

Active Gaming Media localizing Spike Chunsoft's 2D side-scrolling RPG.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 ‘Basic Play Free Version’ coming to Japan in early summer

Koei Tecmo will release a “Basic Play Free Version” of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune for PlayStation 4 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus for PS Vita early summer in Japan.

#1746 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:08 AM

#1747 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

^I sure am glad we can choose Japanese for the language. Ugh.

#1748 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:15 AM

Below you can find some pics of the my Euro CE of Estival Versus. The box is really well made and durable and the coloring on it really stands. The character cards don't seem to be as good as the US version, but the soundtrack and artbook are really nice touches. On to the daki...IT'S GLORIOUS. While not favorite characters from the series, the material is really nice. Would be great to actually sleep on, not that I will sleep with it. I'd say its about the equivalent of those really expensive Japanese dakis.

which website did you import from?

#1749 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:19 AM

Ore ni Hatarakette Iwaretemo Tori for PS Vita Now Available in Japan

Pokkén Tournament’s Single Player Doesn’t Pack Much of a Punch

Cherry Tree High Girls’ Fight Brings the Beatdown to Greenlight

My Nintendo Japan’s First Gold And Platinum Rewards Announced

#1750 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for the pics. The packaging is definitely a lot better. Not just the reversible cover, but the cd package as well.

#1751 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3849 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:28 AM

c7QHWQS.gif

#1752 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40012 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:49 AM

Mildly interested in Hellblade, but then I saw it's being made by Ninja Theory.  Capcom isn't there to make sure their gameplay is at least sort of okay this time.

#1753 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:50 AM

which website did you import from?

http://estivalversus...-order/#rewards

They opened up preorders to US residents about a month or so before launch. Wished they still had the figure edition in stock, but those sold out fast.

#1754 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:07 AM

Wouldve bought that EU CE

#1755 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:16 AM

http://estivalversus...-order/#rewards

They opened up preorders to US residents about a month or so before launch. Wished they still had the figure edition in stock, but those sold out fast.

the figures are nice indeed.

lately, the eu have been getting nicer CE than the us

i'm super jealous

#1756 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2918 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:16 AM

Wait... does that Nintendo link say you can get Warioware: Touched for 3DS?

#1757 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:20 AM

Bullet Girls 2′ New Trailer Shows Lots of Shooty Action

First look at Tales of Berseria’s Magilou and Bienfu

Famitsu has gone up with a new online preview of Tales of Berseria providing our first, still direct-feed look at new characters Magilou and Bienfu.

Sword Art Online: The Beginning first screenshots

In addition to the game world, the images show the real-life NerveGear, which is based on the Oculus Rift DK2 and is equipped with sensors that detect the movement of your feet, and uses a Kinect v2.

#1758 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

Call NISA's support: (714) 540-1185

It's hard to get them to do shit by eMail, but they'll take care if it really quickly by phone.

I'm gonna let you know that I emailed them asking to cancel an order and waited a whole month without reply. I'm pretty sure I even emailed them twice.

So, I've figured out the keys to getting a prompt response from NISA's email contact. Polite emails and waiting a week or whatever are totally not the way to go. They're getting a large volume of emails to manage (a whole 250 emails a week, golly), so you gotta stand out.

Step 1: Fill out the subject line of the email form ALL IN CAPS AND ANGRY!!!???!1!

Step 2: For the body of the email, try to insult them. But don't swear (that's rude), call them incompetent morons or something.

Step 3: There's a pulldown box to select the theme/reason for the email. Don't bother choosing, you can pick them all by copy/pasting your message to multiple email submission forms.

#1759 elessar123  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

My email to them was responded to and acted upon within like 3 business days, so... Yea.

#1760 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:13 AM

Wazamonogatari Novel Promoted with 2 More 8-Bit Game Videos

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round’s New Fighter Naotora Ii Releases, Gets Trailer and Gameplay Video

#1761 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

My email to them was responded to and acted upon within like 3 business days, so... Yea.

Thats been my previous experience. Which is mediocre, but passable. I contacted them on the first when Hundred Knight obviously didn't ship out, then waited a week with no response, sent more messages cutting wait times down till I was sending them daily messages the last few days. Their new sale pissed me off, if they're slow enough to need to do sales, they can answer their damn emails.

Spoiler

#1762 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:54 AM

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round’s New Fighter Naotora Ii Releases, Gets Trailer and Gameplay Video

Been waiting for this. Her moves look awesome.

#1763 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

Ys VIII details Hummel and Ricotta’s basic actions, Adventure Tools

Digimon World: Next Order adds Rina Shinomiya scenario, Hard Mode via launch day update

Toukiden 2 Gets Tons of Direct Feed Screenshots and Beautiful Artwork

Today Koei Tecmo updated Toukiden 2‘s official website with quite a lot of new screenshots for its upcoming game, that will be released for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita this year in Japan.

#1764 NeoMonk  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

The Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel 2 Pre-Orders are up!tlo_H2.jpg

Amazon PS3 & VITA: http://www.amazon.co...d steel ii vita

Gamestop VITA: http://www.gamestop....-steel-2/129175

Gamestop PS3: http://www.gamestop....-steel-2/129172

#1765 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

I played 13 strikes of Aegis Earth tonight. Really enjoying it so far, the first boss battle was a little more involved than I expected in a good way.

#1766 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:45 AM

Ace Attorney 6 ‘Prologue’ Special Anime Short

#1767 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4668 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X PS Vita demo launches March 24 in Japan

The demo will feature a tutorial (“Ievan Polkka”) and the three rhythm game songs “Ai no Uta,” “Strangers,” and “LOL -lots of laugh-.” You can also try out the game’s new “Rush Notes” system and heart-racing modules.

The Pokémon Series Surpasses 200 Million In Total Worldwide Sales

#1768 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

The Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel 2 Pre-Orders are up!

Spoiler

Amazon PS3 & VITA: http://www.amazon.co...d steel ii vita

Gamestop VITA: http://www.gamestop....-steel-2/129175

Gamestop PS3: http://www.gamestop....-steel-2/129172

Nice to see it up, though without an LE there's no need for a rush. I understand putting that there's less of a need for it with the box from the first game, but they still could have put one out with a soundtrack or something.

#1769 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Toukiden 2 Details Its New Characters, Upgraded Mitama System, And More

Star Ocean 5 Battle System Introduction Videos

Valhalla Game Studios Opens Vancouver Subsidiary, Devil's Third Studio Goes International

Super Mario Maker Is Getting A Toadette Costume

Miracle Girls Festival Third DLC Pack Released Today, New Costumes

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Sakura Edition Released Today in Japan

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Gets Tons of Sexy Videos and Pictures of PS4 and PS Vita Versions

BlazBlue: Central Fiction next large update release on March 31 includes Act3 and Alliance mode

Western Release for Kenka Bancho Otome Can Happen, If Fans Demand It

Game Developers Choice Awards 2016 Honor the Late Satoru Iwata with a Touching Tribute Video

The Fire Emblem Fates Development Team Discusses Revelation

#1770 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

Nice to see it up, though without an LE there's no need for a rush. I understand putting that there's less of a need for it with the box from the first game, but they still could have put one out with a soundtrack or something.

Amazon doesn't have the 20% off listing yet though. Could it be... I placed an order just in case. If I don't get the double 20 off then I'll cancel and hold out for awhile.