* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#17701 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5135 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

If you don't pay attention to the LRG thread, it looks like they announced two releases this Friday that are both RPGs. Wish they would've done it sooner so I could've included it in my weekly release list.

Asdivine Hearts (KEMCO RPG - Mobile Port)

PS4 ($25) - 3,800 Available

Vita ($25) - 3,800 Available

Ys Origin

PS4 Standard ($30)

PS4 Collectors ($55) - 3,000 Available

Vita Standard ($30)

Vita Collectors ($55) - 3,000 Available

Vita CE price of $30 in the email was a typo. Standard editions for Ys Origin will be open for 24 hours and made to demand.

#17702 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

Shenmue III Shows Cinematics, Characters, and Environments in Debut Trailer

Spoiler

Monolith Soft reflects on moving from Namco to Nintendo

Mary Skelter: Nightmares Shows Disturbing Enemies and Characters in New Screenshots

Nintendo Classic Mini Super Famicom overview trailer

Spoiler

#17703 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3478 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Yikes, this better be touched up like crazy cause those facial animations are fucking awful. 

#17704 nagpo  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

Yikes, this better be touched up like crazy cause those facial animations are fucking awful. 

Exactly what I was thinking. it looks terrible. So disappointed.

Check out my Ebay profile!

For sale now:

Kiddy Grade - Complete season One Boxset!

Dragon Ball Z complete series!

Outlaw Star + More!

#17705 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

since I'm feeling myself right now.

1agmqs.jpg

#17706 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:39 AM

i9cDOPK.gif

Also

Nintendo Classic Super Famicom Mini Trailer (JP)

forumgif.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#17707 Defvayne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Defvayne

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

Holy cow! Those "recommended" specs are insane.  Guess I'll start saving up for an 1180.   :???:

#17708 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39700 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

Holy cow! Those "recommended" specs are insane.  Guess I'll start saving up for an 1180.   :???:

170gb is pretty good.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#17709 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8626 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

Kinda interested in that Sword Art Online game. Looks like it could be fun with the guns and stuff. Also surprised x-box is getting a version. If it's any good and not 5 hours long, might day one it just to support Japanese games on x-box.

125063.png808669.png
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#17710 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

I also liked P4 more than P5, but calling some characters old hags is going overboard....

I would like P6 to take place in a University setting. Yeah, still school I know but it would remove the limitations that High School always brought. Just something I think that would be interesting.

Yeah, while I wouldn't hold my breath for it, I would also like to see a University setting for Persona

#17711 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3954 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

I only liked Rise and the Nurse in Persona 4. And I guess Yukiko. And Margaret. The Fox Guardian was the homie.

Just curious what made you like the nurse?  In most countries she'd be arrested as a sex offender.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#17712 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3954 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Didn't it achieve profits after a week of sales on release? 

Even with them saying it did I find it hard to believe them considering it spent about a decade in development.  I'd assume they don't count the game it was before  it became ff15 into that "budget".  As I hightly doubt they could recoup the losses for scrapping engines and characters.

#17713 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3954 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:04 AM

I just hope when we get Persona 6 in ten years it's not set in high school again.

That would be nice.  I mean college exists so its not like that would have any effect on the school sim stuff.

I would like P6 to take place in a University setting. Yeah, still school I know but it would remove the limitations that High School always brought. Just something I think that would be interesting.

this please at least.

University setting would be better than high school.

I'd prefer for it to not take place at school at all, but doubt that'll happen.

maybe they could pull a catherine?

#17714 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9447 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

Just curious what made you like the nurse?  In most countries she'd be arrested as a sex offender.

Idk really. 

Lol. Kawakami, Takemi, and Ohya would be arrested too. 

We'll get a Persona game with a University setting when they announce Catherine 2

#17715 lBleachl   No, not Clorox. CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:37 AM

I'm pretty excited for Attack On Titan 2. Greatly enjoyed the game despite its repetitiveness. I hope I'm not the only one, haha. This game and season 3 of AoT has me hyped for 2018!

Bleachfan333.png

#17716 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

Just curious what made you like the nurse? In most countries she'd be arrested as a sex offender.

I don't think most countries arrest young women for being a bit flirty with a 16/17 year old, actually.

#17717 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2613 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

I just hope when we get Persona 6 in ten years it's not set in high school again.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if we had a Persona set in an office-type setting. Like the MC works in a day to day, dead end office job, and it's like an office sitcom like... The Office. Or like Office Space, or Horrible Bosses. Where the MC and his group of other repressed coworkers must go and rebel against their bosses.

Could have a more grown up theme, instead of high school dating, the MC gets to get married and have kids. The work setting will make up for the time spent in school.

Jim from The Office is the MC.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#17718 EdJericho   2.5D Seiyuu Fanboy CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

It also gives me a chance to post this since I'm feeling myself right now.

Spoiler

I'm feeling you now for giving that heads up!

WS5UBFX.gif

a2JEVSf.gif

#17719 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9447 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:13 AM

February 2018

#17720 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Gets Epic Trailer and Plenty of Screenshots

Spoiler

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker Shows Online Gameplay Modes and Character Creator in New Gamescom Trailer

Spoiler

Naruto’s Mobile Strategy Game Naruto x Boruto: Ninja Voltage Announced For The West

Switch eShop adding PayPal payment option

Fire Emblem Warriors: New trailer, launches October 20th, adds Leo, Camilla, Hinoka, Takumi

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Warriors: Limited Edition revealed

Spoiler

Splatoon 2 adds ‘Lost Outpost’ stage today, ‘Manta Maria’ stage this weekend

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Will Let Players Decide If They Want To Be Kirito Or Not

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV launches November 21

Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition announced for smartphones

Final Fantasy XV August update to add Bestiary, Chapter Select

#17721 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

"Lola Pop" New character added to ARMS.

Free DLC coming to Splatoon 2 Detailed by Nintendo.

English Super Nintendo Mini Features Trailer.

Bayonetta 3 teaser. (kind of)

forumgif.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#17722 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5135 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Bayonetta 3 teaser. (kind of)

Not really. They've done several other videos doing the same thing. It's for their Japanese blog series 'English Conversation'. Other blog articles that do the same thing:

https://www.platinum...ail/?id=2_12575 (The video you linked is here)

https://www.platinum...ail/?id=2_12517

https://www.platinum...ail/?id=2_11279

If it is happening, then I'd expect it to be announced at the Tokyo Games Show in September. Until then these repeat 3 times YouTube videos just aren't really good enough to prove it's happening.

#17723 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1083 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

GameWorks at work ;P

Posted Image

#17724 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

Same but if not I hope they at least step up the school life aspect again. Shujin sucked compared to Gekkoukan and Yasogami because our protag wasnt allowed to join any clubs or sports teams.

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#17725 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10315 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Gets Epic Trailer and Plenty of Screenshots

Spoiler

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker Shows Online Gameplay Modes and Character Creator in New Gamescom Trailer

Spoiler

Naruto’s Mobile Strategy Game Naruto x Boruto: Ninja Voltage Announced For The West

Switch eShop adding PayPal payment option

Fire Emblem Warriors: New trailer, launches October 20th, adds Leo, Camilla, Hinoka, Takumi

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Warriors: Limited Edition revealed

Spoiler

Splatoon 2 adds ‘Lost Outpost’ stage today, ‘Manta Maria’ stage this weekend

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Will Let Players Decide If They Want To Be Kirito Or Not

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV launches November 21

Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition announced for smartphones

Final Fantasy XV August update to add Bestiary, Chapter Select

That Final Fantasy VR fishing game looks intriguing.

#17726 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5640 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Recommended video card is a 1080...ti. I have a regular 1080.  Fuck . I'm sure it'll maintain the same framerates as the PS4 did. On launch. :lol:

Wonder what Cold Steel III's specs are gonna look like. Heck, wonder how Ys VIII will run in a few weeks. Are the NISA PC ports that poopy?

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#17727 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   497 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, they added my girl Hinoka! :)

And only Europe is confirmed for the LE so far? Aww man....

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: Switch: Mario Kart 8, Zelda: BotW  :ps4: Injustice 2, Akibas Beat, Persona 5   :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Dead Rising 4, Battlefield Hardline   :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Atelier Shallie Plus, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter   :3ds:  Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#17728 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2613 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

February 2018

Registration for the closed Beta is up too. 

https://www.bandaina...eta-application

Can't get the damn site to load though.

There's also additional info on the game here, and also a special announcement after the Gamescom tourney.

http://shoryuken.com...s-are-now-live/

I hope we get Janemba next.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#17729 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Hajime Tabata Teases Final Fantasy XV For Nintendo Switch During Livestream

Video: New look at the Metroid: Samus Returns Legacy Edition

Spoiler

Level-5 CEO teases Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PC

#17730 lakers714  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Recommended video card is a 1080...ti. I have a regular 1080.  Fuck . I'm sure it'll maintain the same framerates as the PS4 did. On launch. :lol:

Wonder what Cold Steel III's specs are gonna look like. Heck, wonder how Ys VIII will run in a few weeks. Are the NISA PC ports that poopy?

Those specs are for 4k ultra

r5gKEIn.gif