Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#17761 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3929 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Tokyo Tattoo Girls Gets Western Release Date and Tattoo Screenshots - Nov 14th

Demon Gaze II Gets Western Release Date - Nov 14th

Fire Emblem Warriors’ New Gameplay Footage Features Camilla, Takumi, And Hinoka

Spoiler

Shenmue III first teaser trailer character models are mostly temporary, says director Yu Suzuki

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Shows Kirito and Sinon Gameplay in New Video

Spoiler

#17762 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2451 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

The nurse sleeps with him and is effectively his supervisor. 

She's a doctor, and I didn't romance her, so I don't know if her and the MC go all the way or not. But I think she'd be arrested a long time ago for conducting medical experiments using human trials without consent from the board. 

In P4 the Devil arcana, Sayoko Uehara, is indeed a nurse, Tae Takami, Death Arcana in P5, is a doctor.

There are implied scenes that Sayoko and Yu got freaky in an empty hospital room. Tae and Joker probably did things in his room.

#17763 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10946 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

That punk rock torn stockings from Tae on her long long legs, oh mah lord.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17764 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   5959 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

It's implied Tae did the snu snu with Joker. Well, that was my interpretation

AND HIFUMI?! She just plays shogi. And is a model

I don't know why it's always just only sorta implied in persona now.  Why can't they just tell us they're going to fuark.  and then cut scene. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#17765 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10946 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hifumi's perfectly straight and precisely cut hair on her tiny tiny face frame, oh mah lord...

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17766 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

I don't know why it can't be an actual mature title and have a sex scene.

#17767 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7820 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

Cause they're high school students i'm assuming. Course you can go the eroge route and just say everyone is at least 18. Course age of consent in Japan....so eh...but yeah.

I honestly kind of like more when the main characters are more adult ages (like both Persona 2 games...man I would kill for a remake with P3-P5 fights). Maybe i'm a bit bored with high school drama and all with it being in a million anime and VNs. I would like a detective agency or something for the characters. I did like the office setting idea as well.

Also Demon Gaze 2/Tattoo Girls being coming out in November may make them likely purchases, since my October funds are going to be $0 after a terrible September.

#17768 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

There are implied scenes that Sayoko and Yu got freaky in an empty hospital room.

I literally finished Sayoko's S.Link last night, and no there aren't. She flirts with him a fair bit in the beginning of the link because she likes teasing him, but it never cuts away the way it does when the MC actually has sex.

#17769 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5147 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Last Overwatch related post from me until next event announcement more than likely:

Previous Junkertown in-engine short and Junkertown map announce here.

#17770 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, September is STACKED for me as well. I'm trying to stick to a certain $/month budget, and fortunately I used a lot of various retailer rewards points on September orders and I'm probably not buying anything in August (still undecided on Warriors All-Stars, but I do have enough leftover rewards for that too if I want it)

I'm looking at Summon Night 6 LE

Ys VIII LE

Ys Dana shirt (assuming this will ship around the same time as the game, anyway)

Operation Babel LE (I stuck this with my Ys order long ago to get free shipping..)

Mary Skelter Nightmares LE

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase (this will probably get canceled)

Art of Persona 5 (may also get canceled)

Blue Reflection

I remember at the beginning of the year saying something about buying less LE's, and yet here's what September looks like  :dunce:

Posted Image

#17771 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

I would like a detective agency or something for the characters.

Cues Raidou jazz music

Cues more Raidou jazz music

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#17772 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

NISA also has some older LE's back in stock.

Most notably is perhaps Atelier Shallie Plus, I'm guessing? (unless it just never completely sold out, I haven't followed it very closely)

https://store.nisame...limited-edition

Full list:

https://store.nisame...imited-editions

Posted Image

#17773 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

Does NISA charges preorder right away or when it ships?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

#17774 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

been awhile since i used them, think they charge 2 weeks or so before it ships an say it prepping the games collecting funds

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#17775 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1505 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

I feel like this might be the best place to ask.

Are there any other Switch games besides I am Setsuna that have english versions to them.

Just curious.

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist 3DS/PS4 Games FirewatchPokemon

#17776 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3929 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online Shows Battle System and Characters in New English Gameplay Trailer

Spoiler

Attack on Titan 2 Confirmed for PS4 and Xbox One with Pro and X Support; No Promises for Switch

Sonic Forces details – Hero Character, new Tag Team stages, more

Splatoon 2 has sold over one million copies in Japan

#17777 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

Well, at least this has been the most mature of the Persona games. Well, between the "trilogy." It's got murder, drugs, rape, organized crime, profanity, political corruption, red light districts, etc. The consequences are pretty dire in this one, not just "we gotta save the world" but each individual character's own dilemmas. Just look at Haru's situation. So it's definitely got a lot of grown up themes, but I don't think it's ever going to be like Grand Theft Auto and have strip clubs and stuff, and full on nudity. I don't think any Japanese console games are like that, maybe Yakuza? I guess Killer is Dead had some questionable scenes in it.

It's a nice change of pace from the school invested setting, where Persona 4 felt like Degrassi, Persona 5 was like Ocean's Eleven.

AND HIFUMI?! She just plays shogi. And is a model

Spoiler

The office was a great show but no. It can't be Jim, it has to be Asian Jim.

I just realized Asian Jim was the same guy who played Kim Jong Un in The Interview.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#17778 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10946 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

NISA also has some older LE's back in stock.

Most notably is perhaps Atelier Shallie Plus, I'm guessing? (unless it just never completely sold out, I haven't followed it very closely)

https://store.nisame...limited-edition

Full list:

https://store.nisame...imited-editions

Ughh....somebody stop me from ordering Shallie...

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17779 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Ughh....somebody stop me from ordering Shallie...

If you have the PS3 LE it's the same CD and artbook but with a soft cover.

E: The CD is actually what should have been the second disc.

#17780 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10946 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

If you have the PS3 LE it's the same CD and artbook but with a soft cover.

E: The CD is actually what should have been the second disc.

Thanks. Main problem is I think the LE is the only venue to get English Vita version of Shallie physical.

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17781 elessar123  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

Spoiler

I just realized Asian Jim was the same guy who played Kim Jong Un in The Interview.

Spoiler

And Asian Jim is the dad on Fresh Off the Boat.

Spoiler

#17782 iPayMSRP  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

It's not more mature if it's got all sorts of goofy grownup stuff but all your villains are designated evil cartoonish assholes and every single old lady is after your teen cock. Get real.

P4 had people at risk of, and in a few situations, actually getting murdered by their own shameful neuroses given flesh. P5 had "I pretty much raped a girl and she tried to kill herself. And that was HILARIOUS."

Don't get me wrong, not saying anything negative. Both excellent games. But you gotta describe them accurately.

#17783 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2627 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

Wow this game looks great! More so than I expected. The graphics look pretty good, and the combat is fluid. The hud is also nice, but the enemy AI looks kinda stiff. Also, Uni is like a theif character with dual pistols, that's so sick! 

Spoiler

And Asian Jim is the dad on Fresh Off the Boat.

Spoiler

He's also the AT&T guy from Neighbors. I just watched it recently so it stuck with me.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#17784 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3962 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

I literally finished Sayoko's S.Link last night, and no there aren't. She flirts with him a fair bit in the beginning of the link because she likes teasing him, but it never cuts away the way it does when the MC actually has sex.

It cuts to black whenever they have sex which can be multiple times in the link.  You either were doing the link properly or are ignoring it.  Requires specific answers much like most links to see specific events.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#17785 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9498 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:36 AM

Finally getting around to playing Gravity Rush Remastered. 

I should get back to playing Persona 5. LOL

#17786 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

On the topic of Persona 5, I just got back into my second play through in the quest to get the plat.

#17787 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9498 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:08 AM

I should've platted it by now. 

I don't know what happened. 

#17788 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   4952 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

Does anyone know where I can find an NIS discount code? Do they work on preorders? Was gonna snag Ys from them and LRG. Gotta find out when that's going live so I can snag one. I love Ys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17789 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   3929 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:54 AM

Ace Combat 7 PS4 Gameplay Video Shows Eurofighter Typhoon in Action and Spectacular Weather

Spoiler

Muv-Luv Alternative Gets Steam Release Date to Conclude the Three Part Visual Novel Series

Pre-order Super Mario Odyssey at Best Buy, get a collectible coin

Fire Emblem Warriors: New combat details, screenshots, and more

#17790 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Does anyone know where I can find an NIS discount code? Do they work on preorders? Was gonna snag Ys from them and LRG. Gotta find out when that's going live so I can snag one. I love Ys

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen one here, or any place for that matter. I've been shopping with them for years, and I've never gotten one for any reason. Maybe if anyone follows them on social media, they may give some out there, but I still should have seen one pop up here from time to time, but I don't think I ever have.

Their rewards program is pretty good, as you earn points for every purchase, and the discounts are offered directly at check out if so desired. I just got $10 off of an order last week because of it. Pretty sweet.