* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#18331 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4230 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

The hyperbole, sensitivity, hypocrisy, and all other colorful adjectives that describe the current political culture in America is borderline intolerable on a day to day basis. Now we have frequent forays into these topics from gaming personalities on Twitter, on Youtube, in gaming articles--most of which written from one very particular mindset with a thinly veiled agenda--let's leave the CAG deals forums out of this, eh? It's probably against the rules, but it's also just a generally bad idea. This will not improve our relationship as a community, nor will it enrich this thread. Can we all just move along?

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#18332 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Anyway, is this a Jojo reference?

Yakuza Kiwami Rush Heat Move

I haven't seen the show, but I thiiink it's a Jojo reference :P

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#18333 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8017 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

I don't know about anyone else...but i'm slightly getting tired of just hearing about this game remaking and that one remaking. Usually the games are very good though, but eh not as exciting for me anyway. I never did play the Hack GU games though, so that will likely be my only must buy eventually. I also second a P3 remake. I do also hope the Shenmue 2 pack HD one is a real one, though I bet those games aged horribly.

#18334 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36175 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

Anyway, is this a Jojo reference?

Yakuza Kiwami Rush Heat Move

I haven't seen the show, but I thiiink it's a Jojo reference :P

Definitely:

tenor.gif

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Tekken 7 :ps3: Bioshock; TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Danganronpa V3

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (4.25/5 :3ds: Ys: Memories of Celceta (4.25/5)

#18335 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4230 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

I don't know about anyone else...but i'm slightly getting tired of just hearing about this game remaking and that one remaking. Usually the games are very good though, but eh not as exciting for me anyway. I never did play the Hack GU games though, so that will likely be my only must buy eventually. I also second a P3 remake. I do also hope the Shenmue 2 pack HD one is a real one, though I bet these games aged horribly.

My thoughts on remakes very on a situation by situation basis. I am generally pro remake/remaster, though, as I primarily game on PC now--if at all possible--so higher resolution, better textures/effects, and especially higher frame rates for games are all awesome and very impottant things to me. People frequently mention that gameplay, story, etc are more important. But looking at two versions of the same game removes that silly argument and refocuses on just an objectively better version of a title.

If I haven't played it, I'd love to play a better version. If I have, there's now something new and better to experience if I ever decide to go back for a round two down the road. It is somewhat lazy from devs/publishers, and we are getting saturated with them, but better versions of great games are still a pretty awesome thing! 

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#18336 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8017 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

I thought it was Fist of the North Star punches myself, in which Jojo is referencing but I could be wrong. Never seen/read any JoJo.

I actually enjoy remakes, especially for way older games like the Metroid one coming out. I'm just never really excited about them. It's one of the reasons I haven't played Yakuza Kiwami...since I beat it already....but they're good. Most remakes/remasters are very well done these days.

#18337 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Nothing like badmouthing Miku to get everyone talking about Tonald Drump. 

So I'll just drop some of this here:

Spoiler

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#18338 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

I don't know about anyone else...but i'm slightly getting tired of just hearing about this game remaking and that one remaking.

Same here. I'd rather stick with the original versions of most games, especially if it's a "remaster" that's only a generation apart. Good example are the Arkham titles, which looked and played better on the PS3 than they did on the PS4.

The Metroid remake is one I'd buy. It looks like some actual effort went into that to make it a whole new experience. 

#18339 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1132 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collector's Edition is up at Best Buy

Includes hardbound art book, CD, metal case

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6111329

Screenshot-9_14_2017-12_19_13-AM.jpg

Posted Image

#18340 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Remakes can be sweet. Like Kiwami 1 and 2.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18341 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6331 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Personally I love all the remakes they have been doing.  The truth is, past games are often times a lot better than what is getting put out now.  Maybe you missed it the last time it was published, or else you want to play it with improved HD graphics.  Things like the Final Fantasy 12 re-release, Yakuza Kiwami, and Resident Evil are awesome to have on the current gen.  Plus they release them at cheap, affordable price points.  They've also been porting games to the big screen that were previously handheld-only, like Danganronpa and The Nonary games.  The devs and publishers make a bunch more money (from the properties that truly deserve it) and we get remastered games for cheap.  It's a win-win. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#18342 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Playing 999 on anything but a DS is heresy. 

#18343 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud coming to Switch (In Japan because Sega hates America)

Dragon Quest Builders 1 coming to Switch

Project Octopath Traveler DEMO is live on the Switch Eshop (Offers English & Japanese voices)

Wolfenstein II The New Colosus coming to Switch

DOOM coming to Switch

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#18344 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Ah FPS-kun, so kawaii

#18345 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6331 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

I really wish they were remaking Radiant Historia for the Switch instead.  That would have been awesome. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#18346 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:03 AM

Yay, Lyn is in Fire Emblem Warriors!

But can you guys spot what's different about her? (I noticed it instantly lol)

Spoiler

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warrios   :ps4: Need for Speed: Payback, Assassin's Creed Origins    :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#18347 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2200 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

Personally I love all the remakes they have been doing.  The truth is, past games are often times a lot better than what is getting put out now.  Maybe you missed it the last time it was published, or else you want to play it with improved HD graphics.  Things like the Final Fantasy 12 re-release, Yakuza Kiwami, and Resident Evil are awesome to have on the current gen.  Plus they release them at cheap, affordable price points.  They've also been porting games to the big screen that were previously handheld-only, like Danganronpa and The Nonary games.  The devs and publishers make a bunch more money (from the properties that truly deserve it) and we get remastered games for cheap.  It's a win-win. 

At first they were releasing them at decent price points but FF12 was $50. And I think they're closer to enhanced ports than remakes.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#18348 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Launches December 1, 2017

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Gets New Screenshots and Images of Special Edition and Pro Controller

Spoiler

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Receives Launch Edition and New Trailer

Spoiler

3DS Exclusive The Alliance Alive Announced for the West From Atlus

Spoiler

Lyndis Confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors; New Gameplay Trailer and Screenshots Released

Spoiler

Square Enix’s Project Octopath Traveler Gets A New Trailer And Demo Today

Spoiler

Pokemon Gold & Silver Coming to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console on September 22

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions, Layton’s Mystery Journey, and More Showcased During Latest Nintendo Direct

Kirby: Battle Royale Formally Announced for Nintendo 3DS; Coming Next January

Spoiler

Kirby: Battle Royale for Nintendo 3DS Receives Adorable Artwork, Box Art, and Gameplay Screenshots

Dragon Quest Builders Announced for Nintendo Switch

Etrian Odyssey V’s Demo With Carry-Over Save Data Is Now Available For Nintendo 3DS

Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud Announced For Switch In 2018 In Japan

Spoiler

Super Mario Odyssey reveals new story, location, and mode details, Switch bundle

Spoiler

#18349 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

Yay, Lyn is in Fire Emblem Warriors!

But can you guys spot what's different about her? (I noticed it instantly lol)

Spoiler

the fact that she is wearing spats?

#18350 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3219 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

Great news. Guess I'll start keeping my eye out for a Switch soon instead of waiting until around release when everybody is after one for Christmas.

Killbomb.png

#18351 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

Has Square said anything about a physical release for Octopath? Looks cool from the trailer but I'm afraid it's going to get the I Am Setsuna treatment.

#18352 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

Definitely:

tenor.gif

That's rad

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#18353 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5274 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

Quick update for some free PSN store junk that NISA finally fixed.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

PS4

- Adol's Adventurer Clothes

- Adol's 'Silver Armor' Costume

- Adol's Survival Kit

Vita

- Adol's Survival Kit

- Language Pack (Japanese Audio)

Figured I'd post them since the costumes are free for a limited time if I remember correctly, which is the first week only I think. Also, here's a link to the Tuesday update post with the other free DLC.

#18354 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36175 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Quick update for some free PSN store junk that NISA finally fixed.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

PS4

- Adol's Survival Kit

Vita

- Adol's Survival Kit

- Language Pack (Japanese Audio)

Figured I'd post them since the costumes are free for a limited time if I remember correctly, which is the first week only I think. Also, here's a link to the Tuesday update post with the other free DLC.

I think they're free for the first month (30 days), actually.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Tekken 7 :ps3: Bioshock; TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Danganronpa V3

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (4.25/5 :3ds: Ys: Memories of Celceta (4.25/5)

#18355 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:15 AM

hmmm i have the sudden urge to start watching wwf again, or maybe certain fight clips lol.

You should! She's Kairi Sane (Hojo), the Super Moe Japanese Niche Anime Pirate Princess Waifu of WWE now. 

giphy.gif

She's as anime as it gets:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She's still a great wrestler though:

giphy.gif

Sorry for the gif spam.

You'll hit a realization one day that wrastling is basically an anime in 3D form

This is correct. Cena is pretty much just the protagonist in a Shonen anime who never loses. Roman Reigns has plot armor. Wrestlemania is the Final Battle in the last episode. People die, get retconned, then come back to life. And there are Aliens (Goldust), Zombies (Undertaker), Demons (Finn Balor), Swamp Sorcerers (Bray Wyatt), and waifus (Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Kairi Sane, etc.)

Seriously, and that's just WWE. I've seen NJPW just pull out entire gimmicks from anime.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#18356 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Gets Tons of Screenshots Showing New Graphics and More

Genkai Tokki Castle Panzers Gets New Trailer About Otton’s Obsession With Underwear

Spoiler

I Am Setsuna Developer’s Lost Sphear Gets New Trailer Showing World and Characters

Spoiler

Code Vein further details battle system

#18357 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5267 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

Great news. Guess I'll start keeping my eye out for a Switch soon instead of waiting until around release when everybody is after one for Christmas.

Yeah, I highly recommend it as well. The holidays are going to be a bloodbath for this thing. If "N" smart, they'll start working overtime now, and make damn sure for every system sold, there's another one to replace it. They could move a few million easy, if the inventory is there this holiday.

But I've seen them just so out of touch so often over the years, it shouldn't surprise me if it sold out by December 1st, only to not return until late January, early February of 2018. Hopefully that doesn't happen, as they may not get another holiday like this for a long time(a new system selling well, and a new 3D Mario to go with it).

#18358 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:16 AM

Has anyone got the Inside/Limbo double pack?

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#18359 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

Spoiler

Falcom President Says Something Is Being Prepared For Trails Of Cold Steel I & II On PS4

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III details Vantage Masters and Fishing mini-games

Deemo for Switch launches September 21 in Japan

Spoiler

Bullet Girls Phantasia first details, screenshots

Bandai Namco announces TGS 2017 stage schedule

D3 Publisher announces TGS 2017 stage schedule

Dungeon Crawling RPG ‘Hyakki Castle’ Announced for the West; New Gameplay Trailer

Spoiler

New .hack//G.U. Last Recode Trailer Focuses on Vol. 1//Rebirth

Dynasty Warriors 9 Reveals Seven More Characters

#18360 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2448 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

Has anyone got the Inside/Limbo double pack?

I have. But I haven't installed and played it yet. Kind of wanted to take my time and enjoy that one. I haven't played Inside yet. I played Limbo years ago, but wouldn't mind showing it off to some friends on the PS4.

Also, there has been an Atlus leak implying that Dragon's Crown is going to be coming to the PS4. I'm pleased by this. It isn't nearly as "necessary" as some of Vanillaware's other titles. But it is still a welcome development. Personally, I would have preferred to have Muramasa on the PS4, but Dragon's Crown is also nice, and will probably perform very well. Now that they've ported their engine and toolset over to the PS4 for Odin Sphere, it is understandable that they would start releasing some of their older titles on the platform.