* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#18481 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9836 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

In order words, Sonic Adventure 3 will only happen if their new Sonic game doesn't suck and is actually good for once? (Mania is good, just saying their other games have been lackluster)

#18482 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

Please tell me if you ordered mary skelter LE from ifi if your order shipped. Mine is still sitting there and it's driving me crazy!

#18483 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5517 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Please tell me if you ordered mary skelter LE from ifi if your order shipped. Mine is still sitting there and it's driving me crazy!

It hasn't.  They have many people on their Facebook saying the same.  Apparently, they plan to start shipping today (i.e. release day) which is pretty crappy.  I thought they fixed this issue a few releases back, but apparently they haven't learned.  

#18484 Tothoro  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Okami HD now up on Amazon:

PS4: https://smile.amazon.../dp/B075LC794Z/

XB1: https://smile.amazon.../dp/B075L5VCNH/

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#18485 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6213 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

Love dem $20 HD remakes.  I will be picking this up for sure.  

I saw Resident Evil Revelations 1 on the sales floor at Best Buy today too.  Kinda cool that they just need to do 2 & 3 now and then all of the main RE games will be on PS4 in individual volumes.    I used to give Capcom grief for milking everything, but what they have been doing is very customer (young gamer, new console owner, collection oriented gamer) friendly. 

Still have so many remakes to buy from the last year on PS4.  Including the Nonary Games, Danganronpa 1&2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5, Zero Escape, Crash Bandicoot, and the Wipeout Omega collection.  Got to get this stuff soon while its all amicably priced.  It will be hard to find soon and then the prices will shoot up.  Nonary Games is already gone from BB and hard to find at retail unless you want a generic case from Gamestop.  Looks like they just got it back in-stock at Amazon, it was gone for awhile. 

I was hoping to make it to Black Friday for some of these games but that'll probably be pushing it. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#18486 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6213 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

and while I'm typing all that the meatball had already just put the nonary games up on the front page deals lol

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#18487 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

damm allen snider looks goofy with that cheesey american Gi. They should of left it purple.
hope they add Blair and some original new characters.

#18488 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11017 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

Weird timing the same day Okami HD preorders go up I luck out and find a sole copy of the Artbook at our Half Price Books

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#18489 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades launches October 31

Spoiler

Square Enix hiring staff for “NieR-related product scenario creation”

Steins;Gate Elite is a “full animation adventure game,” coming to Switch

Left Alive is a third-person shooter set in the world of Front Mission

#18490 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

I like Overlord.

I liked it as well.  My favorite thus far has to be log horizon of the newer in a online game animes..  .hack sign and code lyoko are some of my other favorites.  

I wish they had an Overlord game

Yeah its a shame it doesn't have one.  But I heard its getting a second season supposedly so I am ok with that.

Meanwhile I am surprised I get to post a deal for once.  tales of berseria pc is 23.50 on bundle stars for those interested. https://www.bundlest...les-of-berseria

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#18491 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

I'm just gonna ask this here because I know there are some knowledgeable collectors frequenting this thread.

Does anyone know a safe way to clean PS1 games? I mean mostly for removing things like fingerprints. I generally use a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol on other disc-based games, but have found with PS1 games, even with the lightest touch, it causes tons of very light scratches that are only visible under light.

I don't understand how cotton is leaving imprints on my games with barely any pressure. It's like the CDs are coated in a soft gel or something. How does plastic scratch by barely brushing cotton upon it?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you any solutions?

#18492 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7953 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

I used to use toothpaste to clean PS1 games.

#18493 Midori Monkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Midori Monkey

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:47 AM

I'm just gonna ask this here because I know there are some knowledgeable collector's frequenting this thread.

Does anyone know a safe way to clean PS1 games? I mean mostly for removing things like fingerprints. I generally use a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol on other disc-based games, but have found with PS1 games, even with the lightest touch, it causes tons of very light scratches that are only visible under light.

I don't understand how cotton is leaving imprints on my games with barely any pressure. It's like the CDs are coated in a soft gel or something. How does plastic scratch by barely brushing cotton upon it?

Not sure if they way I do it is correct or does any long term damage but...

I use a microfiber made for lens and a little distilled water - just enough to dampen the cloth. I gently clean from the center to the edge.  I do that for all my disc based games, and I have had pretty good luck.

MidoriMonkey.png

#18494 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

I use a microfiber made for lens and a little distilled water - just enough to dampen the cloth. I gently clean from the center to the edge.  I do that for all my disc based games, and I have had pretty good luck.

Yea, I was definitely gonna look into using a microfiber cloth, but I didn't know how they did with getting wet.

I'll probably try your method, but would like to hear some input from others, as well. It's been driving me nuts. I can't figure out how it's possible for PS1 discs to scratch so easily, and when I look online, it doesn't seem like others are having this same problem.

#18495 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

Yea, I was definitely gonna look into using a microfiber cloth, but I didn't know how they did with getting wet.

I'll probably try your method, but would like to hear some input from others, as well. It's been driving me nuts. I can't figure out how it's possible for PS1 discs to scratch so easily, and when I look online, it doesn't seem like others are having this same problem.

lol i just gave up. fingerprints were impossible to cleanly remove with any method i tried and i'd rather have fingerprints than scratches in most cases.

#18496 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

I received an email on Tuesday that mine had shipped.

#18497 elessar123  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

Soap and water, dry on stove on high.

Spoiler

#18498 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

I'm just gonna ask this here because I know there are some knowledgeable collectors frequenting this thread.

i use whatever T-shirt I'm wearing at the moment.

#18499 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

A little late, but Date A Live is one of my favorite anime.

#18500 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Drunk Kurisu or GTFO!

#18501 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

Mine finally shipped last night.

Posted Image

#18502 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

New Front Mission! Ah but it's a 3rd person shooter. Sounds like it has potential if they can make some titanfall-esque gameplay with mgs stealth and decent wanzer action.

#18503 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5147 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Mine finally shipped last night.

Yep, same for me(slow bastards). LOL

Honestly, I wasn't in a rush either way, as it's going on the lifetime backlog pile anyways. Iffy is normally great on packaging, as their rivals NISA for sure, but they have a lot to learn from then in regards to release dates. I've gotten most of my NISA orders before the actual release date more often than not, with very few arriving on release, and maybe one that arrived after.

#18504 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4067 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in A Dungeon? Infinite Combate Gets Its First Screenshots

Golf Can Be Unlocked And Played On The Nintendo Switch On July 11

Lightning Is Getting A New Dissidia Final Fantasy Version Play Arts Kai Figure In January 2018

Check Out More Of The Fighter, Amazon, And Elf In Dragon’s Crown Pro’s New Screenshots

Here’s A Closer Look At Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation’s New Dead or Alive Girl Misaki

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner – MARS Screenshots Shows More Of The Upcoming VR Game

New Super Mario Odyssey Gameplay Videos Show Mario Exploring Different Levels

Mech Action Game ‘Project Nimbus: Code Mirai’ to Receive PS4 Release in the West

Spoiler

Blue Reflection Shows Lime’s Super-Cute Transformation Scene in New Video

Spoiler

#18505 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

I do this as well.  I used to have a disc cleaner a while back but it broke :/

#18506 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

I forgot is it wrong to get boobs rubbed in your face in a dungeon was even getting a game.  I can't tell what type of gameplay that's even going to have looking at the screen shot.  I assume its an srpg like tears to tiara 2 since they had similar story 2d character art portraits to chibi character models.

#18507 elessar123  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

I forgot is it wrong to get boobs rubbed in your face in a dungeon was even getting a game.  I can't tell what type of gameplay that's even going to have looking at the screen shot.  I assume its an srpg like tears to tiara 2 since they had similar story 2d character art portraits to chibi character models.

Looks like a real-time hack-n-slash dungeon crawler, like like your Diablos, Mana games (Adventures of Mana, Children of Mana), etc.

Typically hate the Japanese ones of these, because they usually require no skill and just button spam the entire game.

Spoiler

#18508 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Gets New Trailer Showing Gameplay; Coming to PS4 and PS Vita in 2018

I must have blinked once or twice, I seem to have missed the gameplay portion of that trailer.  :razz: 

Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Gets New Trailer from TGS 2017

The real question is whether this will run at more than 15 FPS on my regular PS4.  :booty: 

Monster Hunter: World Confirmed for January 2018 Release; New TGS Trailer and Info Revealed

I really hope MHW supports PS4/PC crossplay. I've never actually been that interested in multiplayer MonHun, but I think MHW might be a decent way to introduce the series to some of my PC friends, who mostly go for online multiplayer stuff. Either way, also hoping for a collector's edition stateside that doesn't suck ass.

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS for PS4 and PC Gets First 4K Screenshots and English Trailer

Will this run at more than 15 FPS? I mean, this is Konami we're talking about.

Also, dem upscaled  :ps2: graphics when everybody else is releasing ground-up remakes.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#18509 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

Meanwhile I am surprised I get to post a deal for once.  tales of berseria pc is 23.50 on bundle stars for those interested. 
https://www.bundlest...les-of-berseria

And if you missed that sale, it's actually half a buck cheaper on IndieGala.

$22.99 seems to be the historical low, too.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#18510 Roxxell  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

I really hope MHW supports PS4/PC crossplay. I've never actually been that interested in multiplayer MonHun, but I think MHW might be a decent way to introduce the series to some of my PC friends, who mostly go for online multiplayer stuff. Either way, also hoping for a collector's edition stateside that doesn't suck ass.

Unfortunately, there will be no crossplay. Meanwhile, the collector's edition for NA will have the same content as Japan's.