* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#18541 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

mvIGrbA.gif

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18542 BigManJapan  

BigManJapan

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

Capcom is the worst. Fact. To debate against that is just a waste of time.

#18543 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6346 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

Content is content. That's nice you think cosmetics deserve a free pass, but I don't. It's content clearly held out of the game to be sold separately. What Capcom games are you complaining about not being complete? RE6 had a ton of content, more than any other game of that style I can think of. The DLC came down to a few extra maps for mercenaries mode. Destiny will absolutely have more DLC in the form of expansions. It's not different from extra story DLC in any Resident Evil game that had it. They're just priced relative to what you're getting.

Also in regards to Capcom not making new games, didn't MvC:I just come out? And Monster Hunter Stories? Monster Hunter World in January...

It's not a big deal man.  Just a difference of opinions.  I don't think Capcom makes very good games anymore and I think they used to have a higher standard of excellence.  If you like what they do, then more power to you. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#18544 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10024 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

*remembers on disc dlc  from Capcom

#18545 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

Steins Gate Elite TGS Gameplay

Atelier Lydie & Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Paiting TGS Trailer

Little Witch Academia TGS Trailer

Gal Metal debut Trailer on Switch

Grand Prix mode & New Characters coming to Bomberman R on Switch

Celica revealed for Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch & 3DS

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#18546 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

TGS 2017 Part 2: Post I - II, III, IV

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Raw PS4 Gameplay Shows Custom Character in Action

Spoiler

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory Gets a Ton of New Screenshots Showing Gameplay and Arukadhimon

Dragon Ball FighterZ Gets Story Teaser Trailer Introducing New Character ‘Android 21’

Spoiler

Ace Combat 7 Reveals F-2A and F-35C; Gets New Trailer, Screenshots, and Raw PS4 Gameplay

Spoiler

Danganronpa Developer’s ‘Zanki Zero’ Gets First Trailer Showing Dungeon Crawling Gameplay

Spoiler

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero physical on Switch to include Pirate Queen’s Quest, Friends Mode, Costume Mode

Deemo launches for Switch next week in North America and Europe

Final Fantasy XV Will Receive New Story Content and Increased Hunt Capacity; New Trailer

Spoiler

Final Fantasy XV Goes VR-Fishing At TGS 2017 With A New Trailer For Monster of the Deep

Spoiler

#18547 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:22 AM

Even Call of Duty's model is easy to understand and support if you wish.  $60 for the base game with tons of multiplayer replayability, and then you can buy the map packs if you want for another $60.   It's pretty straightforward and you're getting good bang for your buck even if you don't buy the future map packs.

Actually as of the past couple games they not only lock camos but also weapons behind microtransactions. Pretty scummy considering there's also the season pass

That aside, check out these art books I got a couple weeks ago: 20170903_125315.jpg

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#18548 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

wFtpFJ0.gif

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18549 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3715 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

Actually as of the past couple games they not only lock camos but also weapons behind microtransactions. Pretty scummy considering there's also the season pass

That aside, check out these art books I got a couple weeks ago:   20170903_125315.jpg

I guess I should get around to taking my copy of that Soejima artbook out of the wrapper one of these days so I can actually look at it, I've had it sitting on a shelf for nearly seven years.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#18550 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

TGS 2017 Part 2: Post IIIIIIIV

The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia gameplay - TGS 2017

Spoiler

.hack//G.U. Last Recode gameplay - TGS 2017

Spoiler

Steins;Gate Elite’s Gameplay Video Shows The Visual Novel With Anime Footage In Motion

Spoiler

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting Receives Debut Trailer Showing Gameplay and Characters

Spoiler

Little Busters! English Edition Receives Western Steam Release Date

Square Enix’s New Game “Left Alive” for PS4 and PC Gets Full Trailer; Shows First Gameplay

Spoiler

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS for PS4 and PC Gets New Trailer in Shiny 4K Resolution

Spoiler

#18551 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4053 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

Like who is worse?

Activision Blizzard, EA, Nintendo, Ubisoft...

Even smaller companies like XSEED do it. Look at the hilarious amount of DLC for stuff like Trails of Cold Steel, Senran Kagura, and Fate/Extella, a game which had a costume as digital preorder exclusive with no other way to get it. Bought the most expensive version of the game physically and want it? Too bad.

Most of those you are right on but nintendo I don't think I've ever seen a dlc heavy title from them let alone the definitive version released later on the same system with all the dlc packs like a number of games have gotten in the past.  If anyone takes the cake though it has to be atelier and their plus versions and disgaea and their plus versions.  I love how the latter said they wern't going to even do an enhanced version of games anymore after 4 and lo and behold 5 got one.

Anywho tales of wise they did attempt to start character dlc via alisha but fans shot that down real quick.  director was fired death threats everywhere and the dlc remains incomplete. 

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#18552 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:00 AM

TGS 2017 Part 2: Post IIIIIIIV

Bullet Girls Phantasia teaser trailer

Spoiler

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Wing Diver the Shooter Trailer Shows Off Its Shoot ‘em Up Gameplay

Spoiler

Happy Manager Gets Opening Movie Showing Characters and Events

Spoiler

Earth Defense Force 5’s TGS 2017 Trailer Unleashes Its New Mecha Weapon “Gigantic Unloader Barga”

Spoiler

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Vol. 2//Reminisce Looks Awesome in Opening Movie

Spoiler

#18553 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:03 AM

VanillaWare hiring staff for unannounced project

Oooooh, that artwork shown. I would love a (new) Journey to the West game, especially one made by vanillaware using that art style. Look forward to seeing what will be announced from them.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#18554 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2772 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:08 AM

That aside, check out these art books I got a couple weeks ago:   20170903_125315.jpg

Nice! The Soejima one is probably one of my favorite art books of all time, besides maybe the Sonicomi one. It's got a ton of great promo art not in the games, from like special posters and cups and stuff. The art is also displayed on an entire page, or both pages, so it's got a lot of wide-spreads, unlike the books with multiple panels and covered with words which I don't really like. It's a picture book mostly, without the character bios and game design layouts like you see in other books.

There's also a lot of art from games I didn't even know existed. There's a sexy racecar girl on pages 130-131 and to this day I still have no idea what series she is from. They also show P3P a lot of love too, which is great. My favorite picture is on page 54, with the P3 family.

Check out my new album! BRW Tries Español (Horribly)

Flips Won't Die - Suckira     Incognito - BRW Fonsi Ft. Nico Yazawa

Check out the CAG Backloggers Anonymous Group! Game of August: Final Fantasy Type-0

AWD Unboxing Video      AWD Unboxing 2: The Revenge     Nier Automata: Black Box CE Unboxing

#18555 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:09 AM

aw man, can't wait for EDF shooter

#18556 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:29 AM

Yup, feels like GATE. I know it's a slim chance but I hope it comes over and gets a PC port.

#18557 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11180 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:30 AM

Was there a Bullet Girls western rlase announcement? What is the point of English subbed trailer if no western release?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18558 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:51 AM

That aside, check out these art books I got a couple weeks ago: 20170903_125315.jpg

That Soejima one looks amazing. Where did you buy it from and how much was it? A quick Google search showed that it was sold out from the usual suspects.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#18559 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3715 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:37 AM

Oooooh, that artwork shown. I would love a (new) Journey to the West game, especially one made by vanillaware using that art style. Look forward to seeing what will be announced from them.

Unfortunately that's just George Kamitani's New Year greetings art he drew for the year of the monkey (2016).

I've been saying a xi you ji style of Chinese legendry would make an amazing backdrop for an Odin Sphere/Muramasa-like game ever since, but alas, the art has nothing to do with the recruitment,

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#18560 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

TGS 2017 Part 2: Post IVIIIIII

Dynasty Warriors 9 Reveals Guo Jia, Zhou Tai, Guan Yinping and Sima Yi

Hokuto ga Gotoku Gets New Gameplay Shown During TGS 2017

Spoiler

Avabel Online coming to PS4, Switch, and PC

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle playable at NYCC 2017, RTX London 2017, and more in October

Celica revealed for Fire Emblem Warriors

Spoiler

Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo Gets First Trailer Showing Tutoring Gameplay at its Finest

Spoiler

Steins;Gate Elite on Switch won’t be different from the PlayStation versions

Super Bomberman R reveals new Grand Prix Mode, new characters

#18561 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

oh snap, looks like I'm playing blazblue cross tag in 2 weeks

#18562 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39893 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

Oh yes

#18563 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3715 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

Oh yes

There's so much yuri doujinshi of Love Live I almost want to look into it, but then I look at the moeblobs that make up the cast and say "Nah."

#18564 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5278 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Well, beat Ys VIII and figured I'd share some thoughts (not a review). I enjoyed it, but I didn't really like interceptions. They're like horde mode without the fun that I typically get from horde modes. Most because it's less trying not to die as it is to kill enemies as quickly as you possibly can to try and get a high rank. Just about every one after the first one I was under-level and eventually ended up under-level by like 10-15 levels. Suppression on the other hand I found a bit more enjoyment out of, but I think they also need a redesign if they're going to be re-used. They're stupidly easy, but because of the maps used it can be a colossal pain in the ass to try and get an S rank in that. Both makes sense storywise, but man they were the low point of the game for me.

Characters were fairly decent. Everybody classifies the first party member you get as a tsundere and many end up hating them, but their personality isn't actually much of one. It's more that they're out of their element and don't know how to act due to their upbringing and grow out of it by the end of the game due to actual life experience. So you've got some strong vibes at the beginning, but they're not a thoroughbred through and through. However I guess this is typical Falcom where they define a character by a huge trope at the introduction and then turn around and show you that they aren't exactly a one-dimensional character much like the Trails games do.

The other characters were more or less fine personality wise, but I felt a couple of them were a bit more flat than others. Combat wise though, I didn't care for the second recruited party member because of their slow attack speed. They are great when it comes to skills because of their stupidly high base strength stat however. Then the second pierce attack character you get just didn't feel right with me, so I never used them.

Dana combat on the other hand was actually pretty interesting. I won't spoil anything about it, however it's actually fairly varied. Though I don't really like being limited to four skills while you're in the Dana only segments. Granted there isn't a ton of combat with her compared to Adol's exploration team.

The only thing I wish I knew sooner was that you could flash guard while you're still attacking. It never occurred to me to do that since most games you have to stop your attack before you can properly guard. Due to that I didn't get the 100 Flash Guard trophy until much later in the game. I think my final amounts of Flash Moves was around 750 while Flash Guards was only 150 or so. Many of the Flash Guards being during Flash Move, sometimes chaining them multiple times without leaving either Flash bar.

Drops rates are pretty fair I think, but I had Drop Rate+/++/+++ on my arms at all times and Rare Drop Rate+ accessory on quite often. After I beat the post-game dungeon, I was able to craft everything but like 4 items. Since I was so close, I farmed for 10-15 minutes and finished off crafting those to get my 100% Item Collection trophy. I also got most of the other trophies through the playthrough except for playing 4 characters 5 hours each, 100 EXTRA Skill uses (I didn't use it much) and get the true end on Nightmare difficulty.

I went through it on normal and found it rather easy. Probably should've done hard, but I don't usually care to increase difficulty just for the sake of difficulty. I'd wager it took me 55-60 hours to more or less 100% complete the game minus the few trophies I don't care about (mentioned above). I definitely do recommend it if you enjoy Ys or enjoy action games. You don't need to play other Ys games prior to this, but you'll definitely get quite a lot of references if you have played the others. However some of them may not immediately click because of NISA's translation doesn't match up words with XSeeds translation of previous Ys games.

Finally I suppose I should also say that the translation is pretty sub-par and dry. So there will be times where you'll need to re-read something to understand what the hell NISA was trying to say. Other times when you read things like 'Big Hole', you'll just facepalm at the bad translation. Do not expect it to ever get fixed and I wouldn't pass on the game because of it either.

Oh and enjoy the 'True End'. :ziplip:

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth 'review' will probably be coming in the next couple of days too.

#18565 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Resident Evil 7 Gets A New Gameplay Video For Its Not a Hero DLC Featuring Chris Redfield

Spoiler

NieR: Automata Surpasses 2 Million In Worldwide Shipments And Downloads

Kadokawa And KLab Announces Mixed-Media “Project Parallel” With A Theme Of “Magic x Idols”

Hokuto Ga Gotoku and Yakuza Kiwami 2 Get New Trailers Full of Guts and Awesomeness

Spoiler

Yakuza Kiwami 2 TGS 2017 Gameplay Footage Shows New Clan Creator And Gravure Shoot

Spoiler

13 minutes of A Certain Magical Virtual-On gameplay

Spoiler

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case coming west in 2018

#18566 Tothoro  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

Bullet Girls Phantasia confirmed for Asian-English release:

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#18567 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Incoming cringe...

Monster Hunter Character Trailer for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Webp.net-gifmaker777b0.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#18568 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Bullet Girls Phantasia confirmed for Asian-English release:

Yay! That's great news

Posted Image

#18569 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

Unfortunately that's just George Kamitani's New Year greetings art he drew for the year of the monkey (2016).

I've been saying a xi you ji style of Chinese legendry would make an amazing backdrop for an Odin Sphere/Muramasa-like game ever since, but alas, the art has nothing to do with the recruitment,

I am disappoint.

qnwz8j.jpg

#18570 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Wow what in the actual eff is going on in this thread? 

As far as DLC stuff is concerned...look...if you like it, buy it. If not, don't buy it. If you feel compelled to send a company a message, don't buy the game until it hits a Humble Bundle price. 

Says the guy who bought all of the Trails DLC...In my defense, I  want to give Xseed as much money as possible so they can bring the Crossbell arc and Sen III to the US. 

Finally I suppose I should also say that the translation is pretty sub-par and dry. So there will be times where you'll need to re-read something to understand what the hell NISA was trying to say. Other times when you read things like 'Big Hole', you'll just facepalm at the bad translation. Do not expect it to ever get fixed and I wouldn't pass on the game because of it either.

I saw on Twitter posting a line where someone mentions taking a dookie. Funny for all the wrong reasons. 

I'm wondering how the PC version is gonna look when they actually launch it. Too bad I never got a beta code. I take it you didn't either Drake? Man if only they let US play the beta two weeks beforehand!  Sadly I tried to see if any news was updated on the Steam thread. People are just in a flame war, so don't even bother even loading up the Steam page for the game right now. Lol. 

Oh and not sure if this got posted but Zwei The Ilvard Insurrection got pushed back to Fall 2017. Oddly they delayed the game one day before their release window closed similar to what NISA did with Ys VIII...but then again Xseed gives windows and then drops the release date two weeks before launch. Make of it what you will folks. 

Either way, more time for me to play Ys VII, VIII, Destiny 2, and...oh what the heck was I gonna play? Everything. What will I finish? The world may never know. 

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler