* * * * - 24 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

#19141 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5236 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

Apparently some DLC wasn't listed earlier when I did the weekly listing. Here's the new stuff that I added to the earlier post:

Spoiler

I should probably do it a few hours later into the day.

#19142 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

NISA still hasn't said when they're going to release Ys VIII on the PC, but we did get some info on the very sub-par localization:

Guess they'll finally get rid of the big hole in their translation. Too little too late for me at this point though.

Nice. An excuse for me to leave the game alone until they patch it up.

Although...I'm surprised NISA got more flak as I think Aksys' overall job on Tokyo Xanadu may be worse than Ys VIII. I suppose more people played it. For...reasons...best not brought up on this thread. *coughcoughvitacoughcough*

With that said at least they're trying... Now if Xseed will just announce WTF they've been working on already. Come on guys, I just want to throw money at you so you can get money for Cold Steel III and the Crossbell arc. 

Fine, I'll find a way to pick up Senran Kagura PBS...and then give it to a friend of mine this Christmas who utterly hates this stuff.

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#19143 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

I heard Vita

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19144 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

Also, still waiting for my Neptunia LE to ship....

When is this supposed to ship? I forgot all about it.

Edit
Just got my shipping notice. Anyone else feel like Nisa /Iffy ship way after release?

#19145 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20499 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

More eBay listings!

Removed stuff sold out, added a few more.

Not mind blowing, but decent prices on some of these.

All brand new, free shipping, taxes may apply, etc.

Good luck!

Toukiden 2 PS4 $22.57

Amiibo: Animal Crossing Series - Mabel $4.99

Langrisser Re: Incarnatio​n Tensei 3DS $9.49 - 1 left

Lock's Quest PS4 $13.32

Danganropa Another Episode: Ultra Depair Girls PS4 $17.69

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! PS4 $21.99

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#19146 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

Got my shipping notice for Nep LE, should be here Thursday :)

#19147 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

When is this supposed to ship? I forgot all about it.

Edit
Just got my shipping notice. Anyone else feel like Nisa /Iffy ship way after release?

Iffy is sometimes slow, but IME NISA stuff usually arrives a day or two before the release date.

#19148 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Little Busters! English Edition Launches November 1, 2017

Tekken 7 Has Sold More Than 2 Million Copies

Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Famicom sells over 368,000 units within first 4 days

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle launch trailer

Spoiler

Durante Assists With Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana’s PC Development; Release Planned for Mid-December

#19149 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5236 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

XSeed's Microbloggery Series on the upcoming Zwei game has been compiled at their blog. Mostly just them extrapolating on a couple basic things/questions and nothing particularly overly interesting.

Twitter Link

Spoiler

As a side note, I have to wonder what is going through Falcom's mind when they name some of these random background books. The same books can be found in both Cold Steel games and I think the two Crossbell games as well.

It's good to know that it'll turn out to be a great decent port more than likely. Hopefully it doesn't impact Cold Steel II's PC port release date. Would say great, but I doubt he's the one doing the actual work.

#19150 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster Announced For PS4 And PC

Spoiler

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Q&A #2 – out at the end of winter, physical release confirmed, more

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle Limited Edition unboxing

#19151 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

XSeed's Microbloggery Series on the upcoming Zwei game has been compiled at their blog. Mostly just them extrapolating on a couple basic things/questions and nothing particularly overly interesting.

Twitter Link

Spoiler

As a side note, I have to wonder what is going through Falcom's mind when they name some of these random background books. The same books can be found in both Cold Steel games and I think the two Crossbell games as well.

It's good to know that it'll turn out to be a great decent port more than likely. Hopefully it doesn't impact Cold Steel II's PC port release date. Would say great, but I doubt he's the one doing the actual work.

And still no exact release date...for any of the three games mentioned! Not like I should complain; I don't think I've even played a game for a whole week. 

Wow. Just too funny. I must say I quite envy his job.

I got somewhere between the game before I abandoned it

Spoiler
. Stuff started to feel like a drag. Now only if they'll fix SO 5. I could barely stand an hour of that game before I started getting a bit dizzy from the camera. 

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#19152 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster Announced For PS4 And PC

Spoiler

Great game. Unfortunately not even Laura Bailey could save the English voice acting in this one. Not sure what they were thinking.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#19153 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, my Nep also shipped yesterday. It'll be here Thursday as well. Guess I shouldn't complain about the shipping speed though, since I always chose the free option.

ilovehinata.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warrios   :ps4: Need for Speed: Payback, Assassin's Creed Origins    :ps3: Yakuza 5, Yakuza 1&2 HD   :xb1: Forza 7, Cuphead    :360: Catherine, Tales of Vesperia  :wiiu:  Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X   :vita:  Chaos;Child, Mary Skelter    :3ds:  Metroid Samus Returns, Fire Emblem Echoes, Pokemon Sun,  Mobile/Browser games: Fate/Grand Order, Tales of Link, LLSIF, Kantai Collection 

Spoiler

#19154 sovereignNX-73811   Don't ever be on a boat with Adol Christin CAGiversary!   5657 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Great game. Unfortunately not even Laura Bailey could save the English voice acting in this one. Not sure what they were thinking.

Untitled.png

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#19155 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Launch Edition unboxing, DLC schedule, free 3DS theme

Spoiler

Four new Attack on Titan 2 screenshots

Code Vein Interview — Developers Talk Open World, Difficulty, Companions, and More

#19156 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11036 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

You need to put a fucking trigger warning on that picture. I nearly stroked out in class

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#19157 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1408 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Not a huge Game Informer fan, but their latest issue has a pretty nice article on the history of Dragon Ball Z games, along with a write-up dedicated to Fighter Z.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp

#19158 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

Super excited about Harvest Moon and hopefully story of Season to the Switch.

I am loving Stardew Valley on switch.

It is so good to be able to play it wherever.

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist 3DS/PS4 Games FirewatchPokemon

#19159 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

Dynasty Warriors 9 Interview — Producer Talks Open World, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Gameplay and More

God Eater 3 Gets First Screenshots on Famitsu; Shows New Aragami and More

Tabata’s New IP Isn’t Even in Pre-Production Yet; Will Use Luminous Engine and Possibly Cloud Processing

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Switch screenshots

#19160 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4021 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

And still no exact release date...for any of the three games mentioned! Not like I should complain; I don't think I've even played a game for a whole week. 

Wow. Just too funny. I must say I quite envy his job.

Spoiler
. Stuff started to feel like a drag. Now only if they'll fix SO 5. I could barely stand an hour of that game before I started getting a bit dizzy from the camera. 

lymels planet is the 2nd planet in the game.  There's only 6 planets in the game so you were about 1/4th into the game.  Games more fun if you play as reimi since edge is pretty garbage despite being the main character.  He gets half decent towards the end of the game but of the melee characters he's easily the worst.  Especially since all the other characters either have good combos to air juggle enemies or can long range attack them.  You'll like the game much more when you get cat loli meracle and cyborg bacchus.  the former juggles gorillas the latter shoots blackholes that block the screen and keep enemies sucked into the center.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#19161 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4021 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

And she voiced 2 main characters which was incredibly stupid.

#19162 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4021 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:45 AM

ugh lymel.  

#19163 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3278 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:05 AM

...hmm. Can't decide between PS4 or Switch for the new Harvest Moon. Which console is it more at home on?

#19164 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

...hmm. Can't decide between PS4 or Switch for the new Harvest Moon. Which console is it more at home on?

mobile lol, ever since Natsume lost the rights to localize the series they've been developing these in-house Harvest Moon games that look like mobile games

Now for the picture of the day:

51984_v.gif                                           I8AllDaBadgerz.png

#19165 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:47 AM

Spoiler

About 3/4 in. You were pretty close to endgame.

I actually loved SO4. It was a blast and I got completely absorbed in the postgame. I don't know if I wanna play it a second time though. I hope this means SO5 is coming to PC soon.

#19166 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3278 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

mobile lol, ever since Natsume lost the rights to localize the series they've been developing these in-house Harvest Moon games that look like mobile games

doesn't help :\

#19167 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

Dynasty Warriors 9 Shows Off Xu Zhu, Ling Tong, Liu Bei, And Xiahou Ba In Their Casual Outfits

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster Gets First PS4 Screenshots and Gameplay

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Gets New Screenshots Showing New Volume 4 [SPOILERS]

School Girl / Zombie Hunter’s New Trailer is Surprisingly Tame

Spoiler

Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo Gets New Trailer

Spoiler

Tsukuyo And Kamui Join Gintama Rumble, With Abuto And Housen Added As Boss Characters

Attack on Titan 2 for PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC Gets New 1080p Screenshots: Characters and More

Fire Emblem Warriors – English History Mode footage

Spoiler

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux Japanese limited edition overview video

Spoiler

#19168 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5236 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Huh, apparently after the whole NISA translation mishap with Ys some of the voice actors from Cold Steel have drafted a letter to XSeed (and Falcom) saying they won't reprise their role if NISA gets a hold of Cold Steel III. The voice actors in question are Sean Chiplock (Rean), Benjamin Diskin (Jusis), Kaiji Tang (Gaius), Rena Strober (Emma), Cassandra Lee Morris (Fie & Alfin), and Kira Buckland (Celine & Elise). A little surprising to see them jump in on this whole thing.

I won't link to the letter, but apparently it was done in the Falcom discord channel where Sean Chiplock hangs out on occasion. I don't see NISA getting it like they did Ys. I'm not sure I want to imagine what NISA would do to the translation. Probably purposely change something up and do like what they did with Atelier Rorona where they renamed Esti Erhard to Esty Dee.

#19169 iPayMSRP  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

The Xseed translator was really upset they didn't get Ys 8. I mad.

#19170 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1670 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

The voice doesn't quite fit. Everything about her design is perfect except her voice.

Huh, apparently after the whole NISA translation mishap with Ys some of the voice actors from Cold Steel have drafted a letter to XSeed (and Falcom) saying they won't reprise their role if NISA gets a hold of Cold Steel III. The voice actors in question are Sean Chiplock (Rean), Benjamin Diskin (Jusis), Kaiji Tang (Gaius), Rena Strober (Emma), Cassandra Lee Morris (Fie & Alfin), and Kira Buckland (Celine & Elise). A little surprising to see them jump in on this whole thing.

I won't link to the letter, but apparently it was done in the Falcom discord channel where Sean Chiplock hangs out on occasion. I don't see NISA getting it like they did Ys. I'm not sure I want to imagine what NISA would do to the translation. Probably purposely change something up and do like what they did with Atelier Rorona where they renamed Esti Erhard to Esty Dee.

So I saw the apology, but how bad was the translation? Was it really that bad? Any examples or articles detailing how bad it was? I like to laugh at Nisa sometimes.